View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 G'Day Everyone! 

Post Re: G'Day Everyone!
I've also been watching your dvd's and while they are enjoyable I was really disappointed to see them jump from Cairns to the Red Centre with nothing in between. There are lots of travel shows on tv that show us 'destinations' I was hoping that yours would be more about the journey as to me thats the big difference between travelling in our van and flying into places and spending a week or two there. I already knew what was in Cairns and around Alice, I would like to see more of the less known spots along the way in between and get a real sense of you travelling.

Hope we get more of that in future dvd's.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:18 pm

Post Carins to Alice Springs?
We also would have liked to seen more about the journey as that is a great part about travelling around, loved the DVD's any how, keep them coming! :razz:
Still waiting for your invite to come with you :mrgreen:
Have a safe trip, Lyn & Phil.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:21 am

Location: Shellharbour, NSW - when we're not on the highways of Australia!
not grey nomads yet wrote:
Hi Marg & Rob,
We have been watching your DVD and enjoy every minute of it. Thought that I would try your 2 coffee plungers seen in your last DVD and they work a treat. Great idea. What I would like to see, if possible is maybe on your travels telling us about cheaps eats. I would like to add a few of our own Cowra Hotel lovely $5.00 lunch each day & The Fredo Pub (Fredrickton Mid north coast) fabulous lunch again for $5.00. Looking forward to the next mag & DVD

Hi there "Not GN Yet"...

Thanks for the tips on cheap eats. Unforunately, usually we're so flat out in filming weeks that we just grab a meal wherever it's convenient or pack a few snacks to take with us! We rarely have time to research cheap places to eat... if we find one it's a happy accident.

Maybe this would be a good thread on the forum? You could start up a 'cheap eats' thread and then people could add to it whenever they find some.

Trouble is, of course, that people sell businesses, or go out of business, etc etc... so there's never any guarantee that things stay the same!

Glad you liked the 2-plunger trick. It's a beauty, isn't it???

Cheers
Marg :-)

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:44 pm

Azhure wrote:
I've also been watching your dvd's and while they are enjoyable I was really disappointed to see them jump from Cairns to the Red Centre with nothing in between. There are lots of travel shows on tv that show us 'destinations' I was hoping that yours would be more about the journey ...Hope we get more of that in future dvd's.

Hi Azhure,

I understand perfectly what you mean, and some of the most enjoyable places we've stayed at have been the 'little gems' that we find along the way. Some we just happen across, but most come from recommendations from other caravanners.

This current journey is essentially reflecting the popular places travellers would typically visit when doing 'The Big One' via blacktop, although we have done a few side trips via dirt roads and tried a few free/cheap camps. However, you'll find that most of the places you're talking about are the ones we visit in between film shoots, when we're getting from A to B. For example, we loved visiting Banka Banka Station on the way from Alice to Darwin, and Point Sampson was a favourite spot in WA. We will be mentioning these places in our blog, so maybe if you watch the DVD in combination with reading the blog (and forum posts from people who have found other great places to stay) it will give you an overview.

Cheers
Marg

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:50 pm

Post Re: Carins to Alice Springs?
oneday wrote:
We also would have liked to seen more about the journey as that is a great part about travelling around, loved the DVD's any how, keep them coming! Lyn & Phil.

Hi Lyn and Phil,

See my response to Azhure above... glad you're enjoying the DVDs anyway!

I'm sure that once we've finished our initial trip around Oz, Rob and I will be keen to explore lots more places that we missed the first time. Boy, is our 'come back to' list growing!!!

The joy of caravanning!

Cheers
Marg

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:52 pm

G'day Rob and Marg,
caught your show on Aurora last night, nice rig you have set up. I will be keeping up as much as possible with your trip just out of interest.

stay safe and happy travels

frank

Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:45 am
Profile WWW

G'Day K & FT,

Thanks for your kind words. We are certainly have a great time on this trip and are very happy with the van setup. Lots of things seen & done along the way. We are glad you enjoyed the show & I'm pretty sure it was the first of this 12 month trip to be shown on the TV.
Keep in touch.
Cheers
Rob & Marg

Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:18 am

Glad to see that you are on your trip of a lifetime. It was good to meet you in Dubbo in April 2010. Hope that you enjoy your trip.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:25 pm

Hi Marg
Could you please enlighten us who did not get the DVD what the "2 plunger" trick is?
Thanks
Gemini&Leo

Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:27 pm
Profile WWW

kenglenn11 wrote:
Glad to see that you are on your trip of a lifetime. It was good to meet you in Dubbo in April 2010. Hope that you enjoy your trip.

Thanks for that! We're seeing so many wonderful and amazing things. We're in Fremantle at the moment, having a bit of R&R and catching up on email, blog, forum, etc etc!
Happy Travels,
Marg & Rob

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next