View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
 G'Day Everyone! 

Location: Shellharbour, NSW - when we're not on the highways of Australia!
Post Polaris and Barra
dave.shell wrote:
Hi Rob and Marg: We were so impressed with the Polaris GPS/Reverse Camera that we have ordered one! have to wait a fews days for it though. We lived in Darwin for 18 months and got very addicted to Barra - unfortunately never caught one - still on the bucket list :roll: Dave & Shell

Hi Dave and Shell,
Glad you're enjoying our travels... I think we're just doing what lots of others will do, but we've got SO much on our 'missed this time, come back again' list! It'll be interesting to see how you find the Polaris when you travel... We chose 'Simon' as our nav voice, and Rob still argues with him! LOL Rob hasn't caught a barra either. Actually he hasn't caught anything much, poor bloke. Never mind, there's always another fishing charter!
Cheers
Marg & Rob

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:27 pm

Post Re: G'Day Everyone!
G'day again Rob & Marg,
Bought the Sep mag. this w/end in which you did Yamba, Noosa, etc & cooked the 'barra.
You gave us a laugh Marg when you got dumped in the surf on the kayak - good on ya !
Hope your travels are going well, where are you at the moment?
In response to your question, we bought a new Regent Cruiser last November, but do to work committments have only managed a couple of weekly trips, but enjoyed them all the same !

Take Care

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Post Hi to Geoff
Geoff.Regent wrote:
You gave us a laugh Marg when you got dumped in the surf...hope your travels are going well, where are you at the moment? ... We bought a new Regent Cruiser last November.Take Care

I expect this will not be the first time I do something dumb and get caught on camera, Geoff! (In fact I have a sneaking suspicion that the camera crew hope it will happen.) Hmmm, I'm not going to let this ocean kayaking beat me. [Rob, stop laughing.]
We're at Kununurra right now; heading for Broome shortly. We've seen some great spots here in the Kimberley. Just stunning.
Where are you off to next in your Regent? And when?
Cheers
Marg & Rob

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:59 pm

Hi Rob & Marg,
Thanks for the prompt response.
We had a great time in Kununurra, did the Ord River cruise, including Lake Argyle & had a swim with the "freshie" crocs.
When you do the whole Aussie trip you really notice the difference between the East coast & the West coast & you realise what a beautiful country of contrasts we live in !
Dont miss out on Hoocheys distillery,can reccomend the cake ! & Barra Barra for a smoothie, whilst there.

Off to Port Victoria, Yorke Peninsula for another week in October.

Until next time, safe travels & great experiences.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:48 pm

Geoff.Regent wrote:
Hi Rob & Marg,
Thanks for the prompt response. Don't miss out on Hoocheys distillery,can reccomend the cake !.

Well, Geoff,Rob went off to Hoochey's and kindly brought me back some cake ( I threatened him with death if he didn't after reading your email!) He had a good time....
Enjoy your next trip in October! Getting close now...
Marg &Rob

Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:36 pm

fc_holden wrote:
Hello Rob & Marg
I believe we drove past you and the film crew a few weeks ago filming in the Gap in Alice...
8-)

And I think we were parked next door to you just this morning in Halls Creek! Was it your Max who spied the van this time?
Nice to finally meet you! If we've got the right person, that is....
Cheers
Marg & Rob

Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Rob & Marg wrote:
Hi All,
We thought we'd just take a minute to play on the new forum and say 'hi' to everyone. (Well, actually, I say 'Hi'; Rob says 'G'Day'. Whatever.)
We're having a ball on our trip so far... we hope we meet up with lots of you on the way around!
Cheers
Marg & Rob

Hi to both of you, I wanted to make a comment on the DVD and could not find the correct section, only new to the forum.
If it was possible it would be great to know the aprox cost of the sites at the parks you show. and we would love to see at least one free stop on each DVD as we have to keep the $ going on the road.
We think you are doing a great job,nice to see new faces on them..
thanks
the Mac's

Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:24 pm

Macbeth wrote:
If it was possible it would be great to know the aprox cost of the sites at the parks you show. and we would love to see at least one free stop on each DVD... We think you are doing a great job,nice to see new faces on them.. thanks the Mac's

Hi Macs!

Nice of you to take the trouble to drop in and give us some feedback. Glad you're enjoying the DVDs.

Re the cost of sites: this is a difficult one, because (a) the cost can change at any time and (b) it varies according to the season and (c) you can get a discount if you're a member of one of the chains like Big 4 or Top Tourist or Family Parks, so you might find it's different anyway. As a VERY general guide, we find that most parks are between $30 and $40 a night, although some of the smaller country parks are cheaper.

We're with you on the free camps bit... I know there's at least one shown on the latest DVD (Home Hill) and Rob seems to think there might be another as well. And I know we try to cover them on the blog between DVD shoots, too, whenever we come across them... there were quite a few around Rollingstone, and the blog will be covering that shortly.

The problem with the DVD shoots is that the whole crew needs to stay in the same location, because we're always setting off together for attractions and destinations, and the crew stays in cabins (since they fly out to meet us at various locations). Therefore it more or less has to be caravan parks for the duration of the shoot, BUT we do try to call in to at least one free park when we can, as we're driving from one point to another, and show it on the DVD.

If we can offer a few suggestions....

1. Invest in a copy of Camps Australia Wide and Caravan Parks Australia Wide. These two publications will give you a good idea of what's out there (especially with free camps).

2. When you know your itinerary, post to the forum and ask if anyone has stayed at a free camp between X and X. We have LOTS of experienced free campers on this forum who are only too happy to offer help on where to stay. There's a special section on the forum just for this, actually: Click on Board Index/Travel/Great Places to Stay. You'll find it here: http://candm.com.au/forum/viewforum.php?f=34:

Also, once you start staying at free camps, you'll meet heaps of other like-minded travellers who will tell you about other great places to stay. (That's how we heard about Banka Banka (NT)... not quite free, but cheap... and Mary Pool (WA), which is absolutely gorgeous.) We have lots of ticks next to the names of free camps in our Free Camps book!

Hope this helps a little,

Cheers
Marg & Rob :-)

Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:23 pm

[quote="Rob & Marg"][quote="fc_holden"]Hello Rob & Marg
I believe we drove past you and the film crew a few weeks ago filming in the Gap in Alice...
8-)[/quote]
And I think we were parked next door to you just this morning in Halls Creek! Was it your Max who spied the van this time?
Nice to finally meet you! If we've got the right person, that is....
Cheers
Marg & Rob[/quote]

Thats was us (as per other thread have we seen you) finally got the van and car cleaned up today, hope you are enjoying Broome or wherever you are in WA now.
John Anne & Max

Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:06 pm

Thought so!!!
We're on our last day in Broome at the moment. We can see why there's a general exodus at this time of year. Lovely spot, but getting hot! It'll be nice to get to Exmouth where it's a bit cooler, but still lovely...
Cheers
Marg & Rob

Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next