View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 G'Day Everyone! 

Post Re: G'Day Everyone!
Don't want to rain on your parade :cry: - BUT - be prepared for the wind as you go down the coast!!!!!!! 2005 we first came into the wind at Hedland in late August, didn't get out of it until January when we were heading from Perth towards Albany/Esperance. Everyone said it was normal(there is a reason they call it the windy west).
Love your DVD's and what I have had time to read of your blog.

on the road again______

Landcruiser 100 Turbo Diesel
Coromal Princeton 653XC (ClancyII)

Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:48 pm

Location: Shellharbour, NSW - when we're not on the highways of Australia!
D & G wrote:
Don't want to rain on your parade :cry: - BUT - be prepared for the wind as you go down the coast!!!!!!! 2005 we first came into the wind at Hedland in late August, didn't get out of it until January when we were heading from Perth towards Albany/Esperance. Everyone said it was normal(there is a reason they call it the windy west).
Love your DVD's and what I have had time to read of your blog.

Hi David and Gladys,

Groan!!!! Yes, we've been casting a wary eye over the weather reports and we're expecting a bit of headwind as we go south. As long as it doesn't blow us off the road.... No doubt fuel consumption will reflect the heads-down, forge-on Windy West approach!

It's been pretty hot here in Broome, though, so one of the rewards of going south should be cooler temperatures (blowing right through our windows, no doubt.)

Thanks for your kind words. Do stay in touch!
And you've reminded me, I'd better get working on the latest blog post....

Cheers
Marg

Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi Again Marg & Rob,
Just bought issue 148 & watched the FNQ episode. Sorry to see your accident, couple of nasty gouges on the Isuzu & the 'van. Glad to see you werent hurt & your spirits were only dented for a short while.

Not sure if Rob's a real fishermen,but points for trying !

How far are you ahead of the DVD,s as I see from the earlier posts that you have just left Broome. Guess you will be covering Darwin on the next one ?

All for now & no more accidents !!

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:35 pm

Hi Marg & Rob

just wanted to say hi from one Illawarian to another

hubby and I have not hit the road yet, it will be a few years down the track
we are reading the forum and taking on board many ideas,[size=150]

reading the mag and watching your dvd's ... keep up the good work

cheers
Debbie[/size]

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:38 am

Hi Rob & Marg, haven't met you guys on the road but we are loving the DVD's and your posts. We have been caravanners now for about seven months and now that we are empty nesters, we get away on spare weekends and when I can get away from work on leave. With 'Kasey' our chihuahuaXMini Foxy, commanding full rights to the back seat of the Navara, our trips are a great way for my wife 'Cathy' and I to get away and have a great time. Enjoy the rest of your trip, stay safe, and above all, have fun!

Blessings,

Jeff

Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:39 pm

Hi.....I'm new to this Forum.....I just purchased 20 back issues of DVDs....and enjoyed last night watching your shakedown blue mountain trip.....I look forward to seeing the north WA trip

Dave

NP Pajero towing 2010 Goldstream Mini Caravan

Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:04 am

Geoff.Regent wrote:
Hi Again Marg & Rob,
Just bought issue 148 & watched the FNQ episode. Sorry to see your accident...Glad to see you werent hurt.. Not sure if Rob's a real fishermen,but points for trying! How far are you ahead of the DVD,s? Guess you will be covering Darwin on the next one ? All for now & no more accidents !!

Hi Geoff,

Definitely no more accidents; we figure we've had our share! And unfortunately... you're right: Rob's not a 'real' fisherman, no. Actually he's just this minute come back from a short fishing expedition with another couple of caravanners and caught... nothing. All THREE of them came back empty-handed, so he feels a bit better!

We're a fair way ahead of the DVDs, yes... about 3-4 months. The next one will be Alice Springs, actually! Darwin does get a look-in eventually, though.
Nice to hear from you...stay in touch!

Cheers
Marg & Rob

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:21 pm

debs293 wrote:
Hi Marg & Rob Just wanted to say hi from one Illawarian to another... we are reading the forum and taking on board many ideas,[size=150] reading the mag and watching your dvd's ... keep up the good work. cheers
Debbie[/size]

Hi there Debbie!

Which part of the Illawarra are you from? It'll be nice to catch up with you on the road and exchange local stories!

You'll find a ton of great info on this forum: some of the people here have been caravanning forever, and have so many tips you'll never get through them all! Just keep sifting through the forum posts... and reading the mag. Hope you continue to enjoy the DVDs!

We should be back home for a while at Christmas.

Cheers
Marg & Rob

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:24 pm

Jeff&Cathy wrote:
Hi Rob & Marg, haven't met you guys on the road but we are loving the DVD's and your posts. We have been caravanners now for about seven months and we get away on spare weekends and when I can get away from work on leave. With 'Kasey' our chihuahuaXMini Foxy, commanding full rights to the back seat of the Navara, our trips are a great way for my wife 'Cathy' and I to get away and have a great time. Enjoy the rest of your trip, stay safe, and above all, have fun! Blessings, Jeff

Hi Jeff and Cathy (and Kasey!)

Thanks for your post: I'm glad you're both enjoying the DVDs. We can't believe the trip is going so fast, actually! It sounds like even after seven months you've been hooked... it doesn't take long, does it? We knew after the first week that we loved the lifestyle.

Keep on enjoying your short trips and add the longer one now and then! Hope we meet up with you on the road... let us know if we're going to be somewhere close to you on our travels (we usually tell people where we are when we post to the forum... for example, we're at Exmouth as I type this) and we might be able to catch up!

Cheers
Marg & Rob

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Smokeydk wrote:
Hi.....I'm new to this Forum.....I just purchased 20 back issues of DVDs....and enjoyed last night watching your shakedown blue mountain trip.....I look forward to seeing the north WA trip. Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your post! You've got a good stack of info there about various areas of Australia with 20 DVDs. I think the current one is our Mackay/Cairns leg, but the WA one will turn up eventually! It takes a while to process and edit all that film footage, do the voiceover etc and have the DVD pressed.

Happy travelling,
Marg & Rob

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next