View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 G'Day Everyone! 

Post Re: G'Day Everyone!
Hi Rob and Marg.

Gillian and I did a trip out to the Rock,Leaving the Sunshine Coast on the 1st Oct and returning 5th Nov 2010.Doing the lap back through Adelaide then the east coast.8000ks.We just sat down and had a look at your latest DVD.It certainly is a big country out there and with the extra rainfall we will never see the centre that Green again.Like your adventure we had a few small problems.No Kenworth's fortunately.
We look forward to the next issue and DVD.We will be on the road again early next year.
Regards
David & Gillian Nicholson
Nissan Patrol/27ft Roma Van.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:57 am

Location: Shellharbour, NSW - when we're not on the highways of Australia!
nikowork wrote:
Hi Rob and Marg.

Gillian and I did a trip out to the Rock,Leaving the Sunshine Coast on the 1st Oct and returning 5th Nov 2010.Doing the lap back through Adelaide then the east coast.8000ks.We just sat down and had a look at your latest DVD.It certainly is a big country out there and with the extra rainfall we will never see the centre that Green again.Like your adventure we had a few small problems.No Kenworth's fortunately.
We look forward to the next issue and DVD.We will be on the road again early next year.
Regards
David & Gillian Nicholson
Nissan Patrol/27ft Roma Van.

G'Day Folks,
Yes, we are constantly amazed at some of the distances over the country. We've logged up about 25000 kms so far on the trip, with still another 3 months or so to go.
We are heading home briefly for Christams to catch up with family & we are both looking forward to that. The plan is to store the van for a short while & drive back.
There is good and bad with all the rain of course, and our sympathies are with those people who are copping it at the moment, with all the flooding in NSW, SA, Qld & Vic.
Enjoy your future travels and maybe we'll catch up along the road somewhere.

Cheers
Rob & Marg

Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:16 am

Hello Marg and Rob,
have been enjoying the dvds, especially catching up with some good places to visit. We were however wondering why we rarely if ever see you camping in a National Park or 'free-camps'.
Chers,
Mike and Jan.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:21 pm

tessysdad wrote:
Hello Marg and Rob, have been enjoying the dvds, especially catching up with some good places to visit. We were however wondering why we rarely if ever see you camping in a National Park or 'free-camps'. Cheers,
Mike and Jan.

Hi Mike and Jan,

We're actually more set up for blacktop touring/caravan parks, since we don't carry a generator and are not fitted out with solar power or an inverter - and the van itself is not designed for dirt roads. However, we are happy to go relatively short distances across gravel roads to get to a good camp.

Our battery pack allows us a night here and there if we want it, and we have enjoyed independent camping a couple of times. We stayed at Barradale free camp a few months back (along with a couple of people we'd met at other parks... loved the company and the stars, but not so keen on the flies!) and just a few nights ago we stayed at Sheringa Beach Campground in SA (which is actually run by the local council... just $6 a car plus $2 per person.) It was a lovely spot; down a well-maintained dirt road; beautiful beach... toilets but no power or water. We were the only ones there the night we stayed.

In the future we plan to outfit ourselves to stay at free camps/national park camps a lot more. We called in to check out the campground at Le Grand Beach (Cape Le Grand National Park) a few weeks ago, in WA, and it was beautiful... lovely little bays for your RV, well protected by shrubs, and a beach to die for. There are a few down this way (near Esperance) and they're definitely on our go-back-to list!

Cheers
Marg & Rob

Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:36 am

Hi Rob and Marg,

This is my very first post on this forum and I am absolutely enjoying watching your trip on the DVD's and reading the magazine articles. In fact I travelled through the top end on a school trip in 1999 and watching those episodes in particular brings back some great memories, even doing Kings Canyon (one girl in our group rolled her ankle!!) and doing a flight in a light plane (my mate threw up, thankfully in a paper bag and was white as a sheet for the rest of that day)

I must admit I am a 28 year old male, who drives a 1993 vintage VR V6 Commodore sedan and does not own a caravan, nor was born into a nomadic family but I enjoy reading about other people's experiences on the road, and how their vehicles perform.

In fact the only memory I have of anything to do with a caravan is one summer visiting a caravan park as a seven year old in the family's Holden Camira (we have always had Holdens) and making great friends with the kids in the park and getting up to mischief.

But hopefully in the future I might get the bug, get a better Holden and a van and begin my life on the road, when I retire perhaps. I have subscribed to the magazine and look forward to learning about the industry and the ins an outs of caravanning.

Regards
Scott

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:00 pm

Hi Marg and Rob

I have just watched the last two DVDs and I think you have done a good job on them both.

I did fast forward the ads due to lack of interest but then I don't read many of the ads in the magazine either!

We are heading to Alice and "The Rock" in July/August 2011 with five weeks at our disposal so I think the DVDs will get another airing before then.

Have a great on the road Christmas both of you and I look forward to Darwin Part 2.

2009 Ford Territory AWD,
2003 Compass Tandem full height
via Kempsey, NSW

Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi, Rob and Marg.
We look forward each month to the new DVD's , we are just heading off on our big trip.
Just one thing we would like to say - we would love to see more on free camp sites in the DVD's we understand you can only do so much, but most travelers like to see what the free sites are like and how well they are set up. If you could do even some of these it would be great.
Thanks and hope to see you on the road.

Macbeth

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi Macbeth.
If you go into youtube and put rredbeak in the search, you will get a few of Rods videos of his freecamps. Rod is a very active member of this forum.

2010 Concept Ascot S9 full en-suite washer.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Macbeth wrote:
Hi, Rob and Marg.
We look forward each month to the new DVD's , we are just heading off on our big trip.
Just one thing we would like to say - we would love to see more on free camp sites in the DVD's we understand you can only do so much, but most travelers like to see what the free sites are like and how well they are set up. If you could do even some of these it would be great.
Thanks and hope to see you on the road.

Macbeth

G'Day Macbeth,

You probably have seen an earlier reply we made re free camps, and our aim is to do a fair bit more of it over the next year or so. We'll also be passing comments onto the management team for future planning as well. Thanks for you comments & safe travelling.
Rob

Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:20 pm

jayem wrote:
Hi Marg and Rob

I have just watched the last two DVDs and I think you have done a good job on them both.

I did fast forward the ads due to lack of interest but then I don't read many of the ads in the magazine either!

We are heading to Alice and "The Rock" in July/August 2011 with five weeks at our disposal so I think the DVDs will get another airing before then.

Have a great on the road Christmas both of you and I look forward to Darwin Part 2.

Thanks Jan,

Your comments are appreciated. We are currently enjoying a short break with our family & will be back on the road in a couple of weeks. We are sure you'll enjoy Alice & Uluru and make sure you get out to Kings Canyon if time allows. As for ads on DVD & magazines, well a bit of a necessary evil at times I guess, but the management are aware of recent forum feedback on that subject & have made a few changes accordingly.
Cheers & we may catch up one day.
Rob & Marg

Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next