View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 G'Day Everyone! 

Post Re: G'Day Everyone!
Hi Marg and Rob. When is your E.T.A for Adelaide ? I'm sure some crow eaters would love to catch up!!!!!!! Thanks Di

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi Rob / Marg

Good on you for circling the block and recording it. We are monthly purchasers of C&M/H and consequently the "On Tour" video.

We recently watched your first segment and while some it was worthwhile, we found it was predominantly advertising and while I don't like being negative, found it boring because of all the adds. I know we have to expect to see some advertising to cover costs, but we thought it was over the top with adds.

Enjoy your trip and we look forward to your next segment and hope for more real travelling/tourist content, as opposed to advertising. I might add that my wife walked out 1/2 way through the video to watch FTA TV because of the adds on your video and she was not going to watch channel 2.

Maximize the genuine touring content and minimize the adds!!!

Brian DJ

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:53 pm

bacdj wrote:
Hi Rob / Marg

Good on you for circling the block and recording it. We are monthly purchasers of C&M/H and consequently the "On Tour" video.

We recently watched your first segment and while some it was worthwhile, we found it was predominantly advertising and while I don't like being negative, found it boring because of all the adds. I know we have to expect to see some advertising to cover costs, but we thought it was over the top with adds.

Enjoy your trip and we look forward to your next segment and hope for more real travelling/tourist content, as opposed to advertising. I might add that my wife walked out 1/2 way through the video to watch FTA TV because of the adds on your video and she was not going to watch channel 2.

Maximize the genuine touring content and minimize the adds!!!

Brian DJ

Have you watched No 146?

I certainly agree with your comments on the last few DVDs and was about to give up buying them but after the latest no.146 our faith has been restored and am now looking to subscribe.

06 Holden V6 Rodeo LT
02 Jayco Dove

Last edited by silvajon on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:20 pm

Watched your dvd of the shakedown trip and looking forward to thr rest of your trip.We meet you at the Katoomba cp and had a bit of chat so looking forward to the the trials & tribulations of the rest of the journey.Might see you around when you get to the Melbourne area.Good Luck

Dale & Barb
(Wags & The Dragon)

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:58 pm

The navigator and I loved the DVD. We watched it all weekend, at home, in the car....navigator hasn't stopped trying to convince me we need to go on the road again...lol.
Loved the easy going type presentation Rob and Marg...and tried the pumpkin salad too...Delicious.
Have fun on the trip...can't wait till the next installment.
Cheers
Al and Lou

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Post Rob & Marg
Hi to both of you, we to loved your DVD & are looking forward to viewing your trip around this great land.
Is it to late to come with you??? We would love to be following you but we still have that dirty word WORK to attend to & are counting down, only 11 more years & we hopefully we be off oneday, LOL.
Do you have a plan on where you are going & when or are just planing it as you go?
Hope to see you & all the rest of the forum somewhere on the road when day,
Phil & Lyn.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:07 pm

Location: Shellharbour, NSW - when we're not on the highways of Australia!
Hi again everyone,

Finally we get a few spare minutes to catch up with everyone on the forum! We actually flew back home (Shellharbour) for a few days last weekend because the newly renovated Surf Club clubhouse was being officially opened. Rob's a Life Member and also had a bit to do with the planning/funding, so he had to be there! And of course, it was a good chance to catch up with family.

Thanks again to everyone who has taken the time to post and be so supportive of what we're trying to do (both the trip and the DVD!) Jo and Bruce, I'm glad you thought it was fun - WE are sure having fun. :-)

Ross: it's a pity I missed out on chatting with you at Hawks Nest. Hmmm. Where was I, I wonder? Probably slaving away doing the housework inside the van. (NOT.) But you're right about Rob: He IS a nice guy! I'm always happy in his company.

Silvajon: that's not a bad idea, mentioning what time of year we're visiting these places. I guess we're pretty much following the nomad trail, but it's taking longer than we thought. You should see our books on camps and caravan parks; we've already got a long list of places we want to re-visit! (And hey, you don't really expect Rob to catch a fish, do you? That's a pretty big ask!)

Di, you asked about our ETA for Adelaide - and Phil and Lyn asked whether we had a plan for our trip. Well, we DID have a plan, but it has blown out! We were expecting to get to Adelaide around November/December this year, but it will probably be early next year now.

Dale and Barb: you were pretty much among the very first people to see us on the road at Katoomba. We'd love to catch up again if we're near you when we reach Melbourne, but as you can guess from the previous paragraph we don't really have much of a clue when that will be. :-) We'll try to let you know closer to the time.

Al and Lou: glad you enjoyed that pumpkin salad! I like that one too... especially since it's super-easy to prepare.

Catch you all later,

Marg :-)

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi Rob and Marg

Remember this one at Hawks Nest?

Were generally sitting out the front with the family and four little grandaughters.

Cheers
Ross

Edit: What am I thinking of. That was mid May. You'd have a good memory if you could remember this one in amongst all you've seen....

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi Rob and Marg.
Loved the DVD and info on your rig.
I see you have an automatic transmission in the Dmax and I am interested to know what gear you are towing in (3rd or drive).
Also what speed do you cruise at.
I have a Rodeo 2008 towing a 17 foot Windsor van (1600Kg). I find the Rodeo a bit noisy if I tow in 3rd above 2000 RPM so generally tow in drive. would like to know how the Dmax performs in that area.

Thanks
Rod

Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi Rob and Marg.

Good luck and safe travels. love the DVD, we are working on orgainsing to do the big trip in the near future now that the kids are starting to move on with there lives.Marg love the recipes and rob the tips are really helpful have been vanning for about 6 months now and am hooked. Again all the best x

Nikki and Chris Cowdell
Queensland

Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next