View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:30 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Magazine feedback 

Post Re: Magazine feedback
Dan and Kerrie wrote:
................. giving away my subscription in favor of purchasing at Newsagent. ..........................Bonus of buying at Newsagent will apparently be the Free Camping magazine - the bit that interests me probably more than the rest, to be honest.

Recently I had discussions with C&M magazine regarding renewal of my subscriptions (note subscriptions PLURAL) - as someone above has commented the C&M magazine subscription only comes with the main magazine + the DVD - Free Camping magazine is a separate subscription as the postage to include it in the main subscription is too expensive.

Anyway - I asked what the renewal Free Camping subscription was, and was told it hasn't been sorted out yet, as Free Camping magazine is to be SPLIT OUT from the main C&M magazine in its own right. So I asked "If the FC is now separate will the newsagent copies now reduce to only the main magazine and the DVD at a lower price". I was told NO - the newsagent package will still be the main mag + the DVD + a free copy of Free Camping magazine - BUT - the free FC included will only be random back copies - if you want to get new sequential copies of Free Camping you will have to either take out a separate subscription, or buy the SEPARATE magazine at the newsagents.

Buyer Beware - this means that buying the main mag + DVD + free magazine at the newsagent will ultimately mean you will acquire unwanted duplicate back copies of Free Camping - as far as I'm concerned the newsagent package is now no longer good value and I won't be buying it.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:05 pm

Thanks for that...perhaps it is best to tread water....

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:22 pm

DVD's are brilliant........ Hang them on a bit of string over your veggie patch and they will keep the birds away as the spin and flash in the sun.... about all they are good for.

John

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:58 am

Dan and Kerrie wrote:
PS...the DVD that snapped was #184. Can anyone tell me if it was any good, other than in collection terms? Is it worth chasing?

D&K.
I would be putting more pressure on the C&M Company for your replacement. Surely they have extra's. Maybe you may have to pay the postage to get it, but could be worth it.
C&M spend many many $$$$ to get one to subscribe and then don't want to bakc up t heir product.
Give em !!! hell D&K.
Jay&Dee
Jay&Dee

Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:45 pm

I purchased No. 191 because it had a heading "heating your van". Stupidly I thought it would have some useful tips on diesel and gas heaters. Actually there was very little of consequence. It advised to block up drafts around windows, put carpet on the floor, close the curtains etc.

It mentioned measuring the interior of your van to ensure you buy the correct size heater, and mentioned portable gas heaters. Not a word of detail about any of them. No information at all, a complete waste of my $9.99. Not impressed.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:03 pm

GOODAYALL. all of the caravan reviews these days are a list of manufacturers specifications not a physical test of the van to see if doors@cupboards fit and the finish is smooth Etc . I can find the same info out by reading a sales brochure Regards Mick

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:47 pm

mickd wrote:
GOODAYALL. all of the caravan reviews these days are a list of manufacturers specifications not a physical test of the van to see if doors@cupboards fit and the finish is smooth Etc . I can find the same info out by reading a sales brochure Regards Mick

Agree 100%. Doubt that the magazine even physically sees the van that it does a review on :shock:

Also I wonder if Fred has ever watches the DVD's he does to see how they come across ?

Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:52 pm
Global Moderator

This thread is now closed.

Please direct all posts to the new thread called: The Magazine Going Forward

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=16988

Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:14 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11