View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:30 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Magazine feedback 

Post Re: Magazine feedback
The latest mag is 244 pages, of which, more than 115 are adds. I am sorry but I dont need to spend my $$$$$ to look at adds. No more subs from me.

Thu May 24, 2012 10:58 pm

The free camping info is great! Could you do an article listing where things like toilet/shower units are available and other parts and companies that do renovations to older caravans? or even some DIY instructions? We were shopping for a new caravan, but we have decided to do up the caravan we have, and see how we like the lifestyle first before spending big money on a new caravan. This has been the view of a few of our friends who are also considering taking up the nomad lifestyle, for at least part of the year. Enjoy the magazine though! Keep up the good work!
Regards
Laura

Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:38 pm

Post The New DVDs
Received our latest mag and DVD (#183). The publishers have gone to a very flimsy DVD disk and there isn't anything to alert the postie there is a DVD in the plastic sleeve, so he just rolled up mag and put in the letter box. Pressed distorted DVD under a stack of books for 4 - 5 days. We got to the Mango smoothies and it went pear shaped, the player couldn't read the disk properly, pixelated et. etc. Not happy Jan! :evil:

Mark

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 pm

2EZY,

We bought ours in the Newsagency so had the DVD in a proper plastic box. It must be a problem with the DVD because ours stopped dead at the first break where you see the Pt Headland train carriages and "Coming up "

cheers,

Nissan Navara ST-X 2007 model
Our Website: Alby's & Geraldine's Caravan Capers

Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:38 pm

Thanks Alby, I assume yours is the new "very thin" type of DVD as well?
Ours wasn't in a box, just a celophane envelope. Having 'em folded almost double can't be helping either. :cry:

Mark

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:27 am

Yes, I hear you all!

Let's face it, I enjoy the magazine and I subscribet to it last month. I am told I will get ny first issue mailed to me on Feb 19th.

I purchased 143 from the newsagent and, yes, the DVD supplied is totally inferior and will not play after the "Mango Smoothie" scene.

The magazine also advertised $99 for a 15 mag subscription....and I was charged $112.

Not happy, and I bet they do nothing about it :evil:

2010 GU Nissan Patrol 4.8L TI
2007 24' Supreme Territory

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:02 pm

Same problem with our DVD disk. Will not play after Mango Smoothie and no notice to postie about a DVD inside.

Wonder if we will get a replacement DVD??????????

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:01 pm

I have thought seriously about getting involved with the Mag, but yes!!! my view is that I can access all the info I want on this forum and also on the internet via google.
The forum itself is an open book of information. Excellent topics are discussed.
I note that the Mag of late has had some articles on Free Camping. That is what interest me more than anything else.
Many thanks to all concerned.
Cheers
Jay&Dee

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:32 am

Yep me too I wanna see some smaller vans in the mag. Lately I have seen more smaller vans than big on the road and in van parks. Vans and campers that can be towed by family sedans not expensive 4 wheel drives. We are not all made of money! Love the travel location stories though, Cant read enough about them!!

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi All,

Just wish to add my vote complaining about the poor quality thin DVD supplied this month.

When I got my mag this month I thought it was without the DVD.

After much coaxing we got the DVD to work, but certainly an inferior quality item.

I hope the powers that be read about this and immediately return to the previous style of DVD.

I wager some won't survive the postal process.

I am usually a staunch supporter of the magazine etc but on this..... no point to doing a DVD if noone can see it....

On a brighter note if it cannot be seen...nothing to complain about.....

Cheers AL

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:49 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next