View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:29 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Magazine feedback 

Post Magazine feedback
Not perhaps what you want but obviously a few think this way

http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Topic/857 ... x%3fpn%3d1

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:49 pm

Post Re: Magazine feedback
Thanks for the link.

It is good information.

Don't look at what is and ask, Why ... look at what isn't and ask, Why Not!

Sun May 01, 2011 4:03 pm

Just received the latest issue. A big problem I'm having staying loyal is the lack of reviews on smaller caravans etc.
Not everyone has or wants a 60k Turbo Diesel 4wd and tow a 60k + caravan fitted with a bathroom, laundry and satelite tv set-up.
What about us little guys who just need something small and basic to explore this great country of ours? We currently have a Hi-Ace pop top campervan and are thinking of moving on to a small caravan (12-15 foot) or Jayco style campertrailer but these units very rarely ever get a mention. We may be the exception but we don't need all the bells and whistles and are quite happy staying in a caravan park and using their facilities, even though we can free camp with toilet/shower tent.

Not everyone is a cashed up grey nomad or earning big bucks in the resource sector, or IT/finance area, and we seem to be left out in not just your mag. but all the outdoor magazines that grace the newsagent stands .

Off soapbox!!

Tue May 10, 2011 6:19 pm

How about a book that hasnt got 200 pages of adds. How about some thing to read that is interesting. I stoped buying it.
Agro

Sun May 15, 2011 6:58 pm

I have purchased the mag from our local news agent for the last couple of years. I don't want every edition hence have not subscribed for mail delivery. My concern is that now I can't buy it from the Niddrie Keilor Road news agent or 2 other East Keilor news agents. Just not stocked by any of them! Has C&M stopped distributing to news agents???????

Mon May 16, 2011 4:57 pm

Have to agree 100% with Pete in Gisborne. I was subscibed to the magazine for a couple of years but didn't renew because of this reason. We want to buy a poptop around the 17 foot mark but have never seen a review on anything in this range. :( :( :( At the moment I check both C & M mag and also Caravan World for any worthwhile info or features before I buy. Also welcome to the forum Pete. 8-) 8-) 8-)
Regards Neville

Mon May 16, 2011 5:56 pm

I, too, agree 100% with Pete and Neville. We currently have a 14ft Supreme Getaway and are toying with the idea of a slightly larger van, this magazine doesn't cater caravanners like us. Nearly every review is on $60 - $100k vans, all very good for a perve, but not what I'm interested in. I've been a subscriber for the last two years with just one month to come and I am defineately not re-subscribing. Over 100 pages of adds, insincere reviews; not wishing to upset advertisers, and just quietly, I'm totally over Rob and Marg.
Dene

Mon May 16, 2011 9:04 pm

I have just subscribed for 18 months...hope it is not quite as bad as reflected here...sounds like Simon has some work ahead of him! We have a second hand cruiser and second hand Golf van...lower end budget but still need real info on planning a trip around this great country and hints on preparing and equipping and maintaining our rig.

Mon May 16, 2011 10:09 pm

I would like to see a review or two on camper trailers like Kimberley or Robust Campers that are made in Rockhampton. We have a large van but i enjoy reading about these others i.e. smaller vans and campers as they have come so far in the last few years. Robust has built a fantastic looking camper that would come up well in an article i think. No I'm not biased (we did own a Robust Camper previously) just live locally and would like to see these reviewed.

Dean and Sandy
Who cares, Just Do It
2014 WK Jeep Grand Cherokee Blackhawk 3ltr TD
Jayco Sterling 23' (23.72-1) 2009 with slideout

Tue May 17, 2011 7:19 am

Hi all,

thanks all for your feedback. I am listening but dont always get the time to reply (just back from a trip up the Kidman Way and then across to Hay and the Long Paddock.

Your voices are being heard so keep the feedback coming!

Don't look at what is and ask, Why ... look at what isn't and ask, Why Not!

Tue May 17, 2011 7:43 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next