View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:29 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Bring back Rob & Marg. I am afraid Fred puts us off !! 

Post Re: Bring back Rob & Marg. I am afraid Fred puts us off !!
Yes, TrippingAway, I agree that the ultimate response is just to 'not buy' or 'not watch' BUT, I happen to believe that the Aurora Channel show is watched and the magazine is read by potential vanner & motorhomers who have not yet decided.
Imagine the message the present offerings are giving...

We have a duty towards the next batch of travellers so improvement is not an option but a necessity!

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:50 pm
Profile WWW

As a newbie I have purchased the mag with DVD for the past twelve months.
There has been some good stuff , but the amount of advertising in the mag and the free one is really annoying.
I would like to see more great ideas, innovations , tips, improvements , and more about destinations for camping than coffee shops and wineries.
I am looking for other mags to find these things, like previous poster I'll vote with my purchase option.
Jetta

Olympic Sprinter + Diesel T31 X-Trail

Keep smiling, it keeps them guessing!

Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:45 pm

tomcarm wrote:
Yes, TrippingAway, I agree that the ultimate response is just to 'not buy' or 'not watch' BUT, I happen to believe that the Aurora Channel show is watched and the magazine is read by potential vanner & motorhomers who have not yet decided.
Imagine the message the present offerings are giving...

We have a duty towards the next batch of travellers so improvement is not an option but a necessity!

I am sure no one from the magazine reads this forum, write a letter to the editor and you may get a response.

Good Luck

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:46 am
Global Moderator

Tripping Away wrote:
I am sure no one from the magazine reads this forum, write a letter to the editor and you may get a response.

Good Luck

Hi Tripping Away and other members. From time to time I alert Magazine staff to these threads. I did so with this one yesterday and I believe a response is pending.

Cheers

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:20 am

nimdA wrote:
Tripping Away wrote:

Good Luck

Hi Tripping Away and other members. From time to time I alert Magazine staff to these threads. I did so with this one yesterday and I believe a response is pending.

Cheers

nimdA, Exactly what I said, you should not have to alert them if they read their own forum, sad.

But thanks for alerting them that some people are not happy with the current format!!

May I say that if they are happy with the current format of the magazine and DVD, they should not change a thing!

Good Luck to All

Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:02 pm

Has anyone else noticed that the articles seem to be a few more pages longer and they have a lot more substance? This is a huge improvement, but we do need to see more articles about places seldom visited, with tips for interesting places along the way. Not the same places every year or two. I don't think for a moment that you have totally covered all that there is too see in this wide brown land.

I don't give a rats about the coffee or lolly shops. If I need some of those, I will make my own. Surely not all the places visited have to ones that will sponsor an ad in the magazine?
I would hope to see a lot more places mentioned in the articles than are covered by the dvd, therefore the need for so many adds would be good for us too!

Good pub lunches along the way, would be worth a mention, but with a general price guide. I don't think a cheap meal in a pub starts with a 2 or more in the price, but others may think differently, so pricing is essential when talking food stops.
Whenever a no frill camping spot is mentioned, I would like to see a mention for a caravan park too. Not everyone is prepared or desirous of staying in a freedom camp situation, so include all readers each time would be preferable.

The tech talks that were NOT just an add for some product, were very useful and interesting. Cooking I can leave or watch with little interest, but it can be entertaining, especially when the desired product really is a disaster in the real world!
So come on, entertain us as readers/viewers, and keep the positive changes happening.
Deborah

Shiny white Prado with a Jayco Sterling 17'6" Poptop behind.

Life is for living, so get out there and live it up

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:30 pm

Congratulations to Marg on becoming editor of C&M (announced in issue 198)

At last (well since Simon resigned) we have someone from the magazine who actively participates in the forum and will see the feedback from readers.

Hopefully that feedback is acted upon in due course.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:46 pm

ParamountCruiser wrote:
Congratulations to Marg on becoming editor of C&M (announced in issue 198).

Is that a good news story???
:0/

Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:17 am
Profile WWW

tomcarm wrote:
ParamountCruiser wrote:
Congratulations to Marg on becoming editor of C&M (announced in issue 198).

Is that a good news story???
:0/

You only quoted the first line of Paramountcruisers post!??
The nice me hopes this is your version of humour.
The not nice me prefers not to comment. Yet.

2010 Concept Ascot S9. [Modifications by Lavenders B & B and Caravan Service Center]

Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:50 am

Neil, good point ... No venom intended.
I believe that overall editorial re-direction is needed.
My past informs me that if one is part of a problem then one cannot be the only solution ...
I would hope a short term editorial committee of experienced and/or competent RV'ers / vanners might be invited to workshop the future of mag & DVD's.
Again - trying to be helpful not hurtful...

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:35 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next