View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Bring back Rob & Marg. I am afraid Fred puts us off !! 

Post Re: Bring back Rob & Marg. I am afraid Fred puts us off !!
Put the personalities aside. What we used to get with Gil & Roothy, Rob & Marg were reports on caravan parks, roads, points of interest etc. Now we seem to mostly get cafes, and shopping. I buy the mag and dvd to learn about caravanning and travel. Cafes and shopping I can get at home.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:57 pm

Dove wrote:
Put the personalities aside. What we used to get with Gil & Roothy, Rob & Marg were reports on caravan parks, roads, points of interest etc. Now we seem to mostly get cafes, and shopping. I buy the mag and dvd to learn about caravanning and travel. Cafes and shopping I can get at home.

+1 I also don't want to know about lolly shops or cafes etc. A brief mention of if a small town has a supermarket or bakery etc is useful, but not long winded ads for shops please! The things I would like to know are things like road conditions, places to stay in either caravan parks or free camping, interesting things to see along the way as well as in the actual towns.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:06 pm
Profile WWW

Hi all,

The two previous posters being Dove and Azhure in my opinion have expressed most eloquently the point of view my wife and I take.
We couldn't agree more and perhaps it is a reason we seem to hark back to the days and DVD's produced by Gil Schott.
We have enjoyed most DVD,s but certainly those from that era were our favorites.

Cheers AL

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Sorry, but I must admit, that I prefer Fred to R & M.
I have being watching the Foxtel Channel Aurora 183, and I gotta tell you that Fred's last couple of presentations have been excellent. None more so that the trip along the Darling and then last night Fred gave the Caravanning community a great presentation of Toowoomba and the surrounds.
By the way, I intend to try Fred's "Johnnie Cake" damper recipe when we hit the road in a copuple of weeks.
We have booked marked Fred's show so it now gets automatically recorded on Fox for us
Excellent show Fred.
Cheers
Jay&Dee

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:22 pm

I totally agree, Fred has to go, he just kills the DVD'S with his speech and antics, totally boring. The best presenters are Roothy and Gil they sell the DVD's with their presentations.

Kathgray

Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi i liked Roothy & Gil the best i always looked forward to their DVDS.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:45 am

I get the impression with all the electronic advertising by email and on FB that they may not have the funds to get a presenter with some class/credibility

when you see massive discount offers from a magazine like this one and all the add on goodies to get you take a subscription I am beginning to think this magazine is going down the gurgler finance wise.

I reckon Craig Lowndes as a caravanner himself would make a good presenter. he has excellent technical skills and understanding and a very pleasant manner.

just my 2c worth

frank

Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:06 am
Profile WWW

Class? I'll give you class and not charge them wages! :lol: :lol: :lol:
But you are right, Craig Lowndes would be a good presenter but he is still wrapped up in motor racing.
if he was to retire in say 10 years, he would still do the job well.
glanyard

Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:40 am

I just don't like all the phony 'Yay's' that Fred seems to want every time he goes somewhere. Drives me that nuts we sit in the lounge and throw our arms into the air and say 'Yay' much to the kids disgust. :lol:

Dean and Sandy
Who cares, Just Do It
3ltr turbo diesel (chipped & exhaust) Holden Colorado Auto 2008
Big radiator and transmission cooler
Jayco Sterling 23' (23.72-1) 2009 with slideout

Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:55 pm

I too totally agree with kathgray. I have received issue 198 yesterday and note that Marg MacAlister is now the Editor and Fred is Editor at Large. I hope the standard of proof reading and veracity of the stories greatly improves. (Labelling a photo "X in SA when in fact it is in WA" leaves a lot to be desired Only have 3 more issues left of my subscription. Have found a better mag for me that is not full of new vans for sale

Cannot believe that of all the vans commented on since I started subscribing in 2010 not one has had anything detrimental written about it. Well not that I can recall anyway. Forum members have found problems with some of their vans

As for the DVDs totally sick of cafes and Big 4 van park promotions and as dnaokshott says " I just don't like all the phony 'Yay's' that Fred seems to want every time he goes somewhere."

Many of the DVDs seem to contain the same content as a few years ago but without the input from Roothy and Gill. I really miss their cooking segments

Safe travels

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next