View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Bring back Rob & Marg. I am afraid Fred puts us off !! 

Post Re: Bring back Rob & Marg. I am afraid Fred puts us off !!
I agree that the current format needs changing. I know Fred has brought some variety but it is the same scripting with the participation of a handful of travellers joining in unison which quite frankly is a real turnoff . Go throughout previous DVD's with Roothy and Gil and compare the content of the disc. I really liked the thermal cooking and the other food which was informative and interesting. I also liked the what's new products, the fishing segments and the simple maintenance which certainly comes in handy if needed. Please lift the content and production to satisfy the interests of your members. Fred has done a very good job but as said before -- It's Time !!!!!
Peter

Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:12 pm

When Fred started out, he used to spend the whole program in or near one town only, and was able to show the highlights of that town. I liked that, as it made sure that if I visited that town I would know what to look for.

Lately, uggh!!! Can't stand the rehearsed jumping in the air and hands up enjoying the place.

Bring back a cooking segment as well.

BennyT50

Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:24 pm

JayDee wrote:
I have always believed that one of the most constant things in life is
Change.
And yes perhaps it is time for a change.

I doubt that Rooty or Gil will return, but t here is need for a new style of presenter not just for the Mag but also for the DVD and of course the Aurora channel of Foxtel.

Apologies Fred, but the wind of change will renew interest in my favourite subject.
Caravaning and camping.
Jay&Dee

I have revisited this thread after watching another couple of Fred Wright's eposides on Aurora 183.
IF I am allowed to change my mind, I will withdraw my comment about the wind of change to renew interest in my favourite subject. " Apologies are extended to you Fred, as we thoroughly enjoyed the eposides in Tasmania and especially the trip ending in Griffith and Hay.
Perhaps you could start to include another personality to add further interest to the show.
Rob & Marg were OK, but they worked in tandom, which must be far easier on the presenters.
May be a good idea to bring in the rest of the crew now and then, Fred.
I for one totally agree with your inclusion of free camps in the shows. Everyone has a fair idea of where C.Parks are and this info can be obtained also from the many Tourist Info centres around the country.
Tourist Info centres do not cater for the free camping public.
OK...... plenty of books on free camping.!!!
Fred. looking forward to the next exciting segment on Aurora.

Keep up the entertainment. Cheers

Jay&Dee

This give many thousands of us education into the free camping lifestyle.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:09 pm

Hi all,

Re the Fred issue, I don't really mind the job he does and frankly if that is all we have to complain about then our lives are not so bad. But, and there is always a but, to my wife and I there is an element missing to the DVD's at present and that is a female point of view.

Most traveler's are a couple or family..not to ignore solo travelers... but my wife constantly mentions that the female input or point of view is missing.

We enjoyed Rob and Marg's DVD's but just occasionally felt that the smiles and good humor was a little forced or over the top......not everything is as great as made out. We felt the more "warty" bits should have been included. There also seemed to be some huge gaps in the continuation of their trip that overlooked certain area's.

We found Gil to be the best presenter with Roothy a close second however he(Roothy) is very much a dedicated 4WDer and is constantly on 4WD Action magazine DVD'S and not really a caravaner ....to me he did this gig to pay the bills(and I am not blaming him one little bit) not because he was "into" caravaning where as Gil seemed more into the caravaning lifestyle.

So maybe a few other forumites are right and perhaps a change to a couple as DVD presenters may work better leaving Fred to editorship.

Its a tough ask to keep everybody happy I know, but from the comments posted previously by others it is time for a freshen up re DVD presenters. I would say we still look forward to the magazine and DVD each month.

It may well be because we both still work and only get the regulation 4 weeks a year off hence we are mostly voyeuristic DVD viewing travelers.

Enough for now of my opinion.

Cheers AL

Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:47 pm

JayDee wrote:
JayDee wrote:
I have always believed that one of the most constant things in life is
Change.
And yes perhaps it is time for a change.

I doubt that Rooty or Gil will return, but t here is need for a new style of presenter not just for the Mag but also for the DVD and of course the Aurora channel of Foxtel.

Apologies Fred, but the wind of change will renew interest in my favourite subject.
Caravaning and camping.
Jay&Dee

I have revisited this thread after watching another couple of Fred Wright's eposides on Aurora 183.
IF I am allowed to change my mind, I will withdraw my comment about the wind of change to renew interest in my favourite subject. " Apologies are extended to you Fred, as we thoroughly enjoyed the eposides in Tasmania and especially the trip ending in Griffith and Hay.
Perhaps you could start to include another personality to add further interest to the show.
Rob & Marg were OK, but they worked in tandom, which must be far easier on the presenters.
May be a good idea to bring in the rest of the crew now and then, Fred.
I for one totally agree with your inclusion of free camps in the shows. Everyone has a fair idea of where C.Parks are and this info can be obtained also from the many Tourist Info centres around the country.
Tourist Info centres do not cater for the free camping public.
OK...... plenty of books on free camping.!!!
Fred. looking forward to the next exciting segment on Aurora.

Keep up the entertainment. Cheers

Jay&Dee

This give many thousands of us education into the free camping lifestyle.

Ditto!!!!
Also i would like to see more techinical stuff Eg things you have added, but more importantly how and with what. Not just "öh that is nice", but how did you do it? Where do you find the good places that are not mentioned or marked?

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:19 pm

I do not know about you, but taking on the role as a TV presenter is no mean feat. Fred, does a good job in trying to give us all an overview of his travels. Obviously all the subject matter will not suit all people.
I did say that it would be good if the show was to include another personality, and why not have lady involved.
When my wife see how some thing are done, she immediately assumes( and probably she is right) that it must have been designed by a man.
To the producer of the DVD and show on Foxtel it would be great to incorporate some technical hints in the show. Lots of good idea in this area.
The change I would like to see is not that of the presenter, but more so in the format.
Keep up the good work Fred.... Just love the hat. It keeps the old nut warm.
Jay&Dee

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:42 pm

I gotta ask........Fred hands out prizes .......might be a AC or awning.....or heater......toilet.......how can you fit these items in your van .....I dont have an ensuite.......even if I did why would I change the toilet..

maybe they could supply something you could use.....or fit to existing vans

My Blog .. http://smokeydk.blogspot.com/

NP Pajero towing 2010 Goldstream Mini Caravan

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:44 am

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1980 Jayco Songbird 15' poptop
Has anyone thought about this

To Fred, it is work, he does as he is told :o

who here does their work as they are told :neutral:

how would you feel if you did your job, as your boss told you to, and people told you they didn't like it.

Yeah, Rob may not be the best presenter in your eyes, but he is doing what he is told to

appease the advertisers :roll:

Devil's advocate
Frank

BLOGS
http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com
http://thewesternadventure.blogspot.com/

Also member of Travellers chat

Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:52 pm

F&B
I agree. Take Nichole Kidman's role as the English upper crust Lady in the movie Australia.
Now that is not N.K style of acting, but she can only deliver what her Producer and Director demand of her.
She was excellent in the role, as is FRED, as he can only deliver what the Producers and Directors want.
Image having a stuck up Pommie comparing this Aussie show.
No Thanks.
Well cone Fred
Jay&Dee

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:14 am

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1980 Jayco Songbird 15' poptop
JayDee wrote:
F&B
I agree. Take Nichole Kidman's role as the English upper crust Lady in the movie Australia.
Now that is not N.K style of acting, but she can only deliver what her Producer and Director demand of her.
She was excellent in the role, as is FRED, as he can only deliver what the Producers and Directors want.
Image having a stuck up Pommie comparing this Aussie show.
No Thanks.
Well cone Fred
Jay&Dee

Bit OT here (well a lot actually) but I enjoyed that movie

and goes to prove the point, some people are looking intensely to discredit the actors some look at it as entertainment, relax and accept it, the way it is presented

Frank

BLOGS
http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com
http://thewesternadventure.blogspot.com/

Also member of Travellers chat

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next