View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:29 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Bring back Rob & Marg. I am afraid Fred puts us off !! 

Post Bring back Rob & Marg. I am afraid Fred puts us off !!
Love the magazine, but what turns us off is Fred. His style is so patronising and corny. Bring back Rob and Marg. They made the DVD,s really interesting. We used to look forward to watching their travels.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:58 pm

Post Re: Bring back Rob & Marg. I am afraid Fred puts us off !!
I agree fred actually makes me sick I am shore he could get a new hat instead of wearing that dirt sweaty thing and yes he does come across as a smart a###s

Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:40 pm

Well I'm afraid I agree about Fred, but don't bring back Rob and Marg, they smile too much. Even when their rig got sideswiped, it all seemed to be a lot of fun. The presenters need to be more human, and call a spade a spade and not grin all the time.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:11 pm

Fred is a bit corny but I must say that he has had a new hat for about 6 months now, not before time though.

Hank

Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:08 pm

ROOTHY is the best presenter of these sorts of shows by far. he comes across so natural, he really looks like he is enjoying himself and not just doing it as a job

Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:51 pm

I'm sorry to say, I have to agree Fred's got to go. I've just got the new mag (188) and I don't think I will waist the money anymore, it's getting very boring. It's become very repetitive and NO free camp bonus with the mag just some silly mag about how to purchase a new van. Been there, done that. I'll put the $10.00 into lotto tickets I think.

Cheers
Max
OGF

Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:22 pm

I have always believed that one of the most constant things in life is
Change.
And yes perhaps it is time for a change.

I doubt that Rooty or Gil will return, but t here is need for a new style of presenter not just for the Mag but also for the DVD and of course the Aurora channel of Foxtel.

Apologies Fred, but the wind of change will renew interest in my favourite subject.
Caravaning and camping.
Jay&Dee

Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:48 pm

I agree, I have a pile of dvds I cant be bothered watching. We dont free camp so am sick of Freds reviews of free camping and not caravan parks. Rob and Marg was the best, they covered so many issues and places and I really loved watching their dvds. The mags getting a little boring too, there needs to be better reviews on the caravans, more interesting specs and definitions. Who ever rights them up dont seem to know alot about RVs, you have to be in the life style to know whats good and whats not, thats what we RVers like to read about.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:23 am

Ants@shez,
We have tried all type of camping, and in MHO you have not completed the caravanning circuit until you have free camped for many a night.
Great to see free camping getting a mention now a days comnpared to yesteryear.
Jay&Dee

Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:35 pm

"And tell me, why should people come to your town?" and don't forget "now lets all say together isn't this place GREAT" give me a break Fred! If I see Fred on the cover of the free DVD I now tend to look elsewhere, it's just not entertaining. Wife and I dig out old DVD's where Roothy presents he tends to tell it how it is.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:57 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next