View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Caravan park ratings. 

well thanks very one. I guess this thread was just too simple for any of you to work out. a simple rating of 1 to 5 would have given the heads up on some of the places you stayed at, but no, that was far to simple for any of you to do. and so once a gain a reasonable good thread has be desecrated by those that think they know it all

Oh dear very sorry I will go and flay myself

I realise you are wise in all things but I thought the 5 ratings rather restrictive so offered an alternative.

If thats upset you well so be it

Obviously some found it helpful and up to date.

Not much good getting "I stayed there in 2003 and it was nice"

As no one has posted a reply under your formula perhaps they also thought the same.

754 Princeton & Cruiser 100ser TD

Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:12 pm

Post ratings
Can I just say that whatever numbering method you use whether it's 5, 10 or 100, surely 1/2 of the total score means average, less than 1/2 means below average and above 1/2 means good to very good?

I'm sure that we can all agree that the idea regardless of the scoring has great merit.

I'm with HB123 - we're not looking for CP with playgrounds and swimming pools and the like but I do expect clean amenities and friendly, cheerful, helpful staff. Anything less than those 2 will get a big fat 0 from me.

Life's too short to drink bad wine or warm beer

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:02 pm

well thanks very one. I guess this thread was just too simple for any of you to work out. a simple rating of 1 to 5 would have given the heads up on some of the places you stayed at, but no, that was far to simple for any of you to do. and so once a gain a reasonable good thread has be desecrated by those that think they know it all

Sorry allwise you lost me,
You got some good reply's that did not match your flawed criteria and then you scold the members who replied,and some in great detail.We all see things differently.
Have to agree that the badgers site is pretty comprehensive and no one beats you up if you make a report.Although updates are always difficult.Pretty pointless reinventing the wheel I reckon.

I reckon if you want to organize this type of info you need to perhaps create a form,convert it to a jpg and post it. Then every one who fills it in is on the same page.Sorry if I am out of line.
Badger site below.
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~badger04/parks_v0.htm

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:09 pm

I too look for clean amenities etc but target parks that do have playgrounds, pool (preferably heated), jumping pillow etc. I don't mind paying a premium (within reason) for this as the caravan park is often a large part of the holiday experience.

We are all different & have different requirements. Most of us probably dislike dusty, dirty, desolate parks but they obviously suit some because they are out there.

I know the star ratings are often poo pooed and probably for good reason, but they do give some indication of the park standard.

I like reading customer reviews of parks on the net as it allows an explanation why the individual likes or dislikes a park. Unfortunately it is often the case that the park you are considering is not one that has been reviewed.

That's it for me, for what it's worth.;)

Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Last edited by Shaggy Dog on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:05 pm

Post Caravan Park rating
Allwise,
I think you were on the money here. Someone went to a van park, probably the van park they last visited and gave it a simple rating of 1 to 5. Sounds simple? Maybe some comments if they wanted too.

Instead, a blue starts about the system. I would comment on the amount of people who replied without commiting to a rating or a system but I am sure you worked that out already.

For people who wanted to rate the parks 1 to ten, then halve it. Same Same as long as you know the rating was between 1 and 10?

Any system will work better than none. And I use Badgers as well, a good site.

This information may have been better than discussing generators for the umptenth time this month or what size wire from your car to the van battery again. Can't people use the search bar - so much good info there now.

Good try Allwise

Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:30 am

Last edited by Shaggy Dog on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:45 am

I know the star ratings are often poo pooed and probably for good reason, but they do give some indication of the park standard.

I like reading customer reviews of parks on the net as it allows an explanation why the individual likes or dislikes a park. Unfortunately it is often the case that the park you are considering is not one that has been reviewed.

That's it for me, for what it's worth.;)[/QUOTE]

I agree, I like reading customer review of parks. It gives some guidelines and word of mouth is valuable when referring business connections in all walks of life.

Coromal Excel Pop Top

[/font]

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:20 pm

Allwise,
I think you were on the money here. Someone went to a van park, probably the van park they last visited and gave it a simple rating of 1 to 5. Sounds simple? Maybe some comments if they wanted too.

Instead, a blue starts about the system. I would comment on the amount of people who replied without commiting to a rating or a system but I am sure you worked that out already.

For people who wanted to rate the parks 1 to ten, then halve it. Same Same as long as you know the rating was between 1 and 10?

Any system will work better than none. And I use Badgers as well, a good site.

This information may have been better than discussing generators for the umptenth time this month or what size wire from your car to the van battery again. Can't people use the search bar - so much good info there now.

Good try Allwise

thanks TA,

at least one person has the point, and your suggestion of halving the rate if someone decides to rate out off 10. yep a really good point. I looked up the badgers site. its a good site for park reviews would be better if they could put the parks in alphabetical order

Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:36 am

Post Constructive critisism
6 couple

7 families

follwed up by a breif comment as to what they enjoyed and

what was missing or what they didn,t like.

I'am with s.d. Don't give up and don't knock'em back sit listen

and learn and pow!!! Give us a great new thread that all can use

when we next set off.

Cheers.....

Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next