ladies comments for new travellers

Are you a member of a club? Tell us all about it!
Jayco Gypsy
An old hand

Re: ladies comments for new travellers

Post by Jayco Gypsy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:47 pm

Thanks Boroma I’ll give them a spray I’m experimenting with the K-mart turbo oven and want to try some muffins using the silicon tray.
Regards Cathy.

TassieD
Cracked the big time

Post by TassieD » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:56 pm

I’ve never tried the silicone bakeware but they say it doesn’t need oiling. http://housewares.about.com/od/bakeware … basics.htm
Tess & Craig.
06 Landcruiser Sahara & looking.

Our blog Distributor and volunteer for Operation Photo Rescue

Jayco Gypsy
An old hand

Post by Jayco Gypsy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks for the link Tess. Answered all my questions. The experiments start tomorrow. Look out family :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:
Regards Cathy.

Barry and Pam
Been here for a while

Post by Barry and Pam » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:41 pm

sellinup, it all sounds good to me. Just go with the flow as we say.

We have decided to do a half lap this year as a dear friend of ours was going to do it last year and fell ill with cancer. She didnt make her half lap and that made us more determined to do it this year. Who knows what is ahead .

We never make plans as to which way we are going just make up our minds on the day. It always turns out well.

I hate cooking and I am blessed with a husband who enjoys it. Still I just bought a turbo oven and am up for any recipes. I have tried the “choc cake in a mug: and it was pretty good. I am taking my recipe for banana cream pie this time as Barry loves it. Also Aunty Pams chicken casserole (very yummy) I like any recipe that goes in one pot or takes less than 10 mins.to prepare. We are also freecamping for the first time on this trip and I am a little nervous about it. Should do ok we have so much equipment.

Pam

Boroma577
Cracked the big time

Post by Boroma577 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:42 pm

Once you break the ice with the free camping Pam you’ll come to love it and wonder why you were ever doubtful. One bit of advice……never stop and camp if you feel uncomfortable about it, just move on. Look at the area to see if there is any evidence of local hooning, broken glass etc and if so, move on.

Re the amount of equipment you have…..have another look at it, do you really need all of it?? I am sure you can leave some of it behind. Weights are a big issues in caravans, keep that in mind.

If you’d like to share your recipes, I’d love to see them.

xina
Avid poster

Post by xina » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Saw this on another Forum tonight.

“Hi – do not spray the bakeware. It does not stick, and adding oil may cause it to get too hot. Silicon bakeware is ideal for caravanning and so easy to use and clean, light weight and no rattles.”

Cheers,
xina.
An it harm none, do what you will.

Barry and Pam
Been here for a while

Post by Barry and Pam » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:40 pm

Hi Boroma, Yes we have doubled checked the equipment and all is needed. We had a packing rehearsal the other day and it all fits in well and I actually have a spare cupboard. That is where the Turbo Oven is going. Weight issue is paramount and all is good. Here are 2 of my recipes that I will take away. I have cooked the chicken in the electric frypan and it was good. I just turned the heat down and it simmered.

Banana Cream Pie
Pkt biscuit base or you can use nice biscuits crushed
Butter melted, Mix together and line a pie dish or lamington tray (depends on the size of your fridge in the van) I use a quiche dish.
Put into fridge while preparing filling

2med/large bananas
1 tin condensed milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
250mls cream whipped
Slice bananas over base, stir lemon into condensed milk, then fold in whipped cream.
pour over biscuit base. When set sprinkle with passionfruit or choc. flakes.
Best made the day before to allow the flavour to come through.

Aunty Pams’ Chicken Casserole.
2-3 single chicken breasts
1tsnpn paprika
2 tblspns butter or marg.
2 tspns curry powder (I use 1 as we dont like it too strong)
1 sliced onion
1-2 granny smith apples peeled and chopped
1 can mushroom soup
300grms sliced mushrooms
1 cup cream

Heat oven to 150-170C
Place diced chicken into a casserole dish and sprinkle with paprika, you can brown it I dont bother it cooks just the same.
In a large saucepan, melt butter ,add curry powder,onions and apple and cook gently. Take off the heat, add mushroom soup, mushrooms and cream.
Mix and then pour over the chicken in casserole dish. Place in oven and cook for 1-1and half hours. I think the turbo will be a lot faster. This recipe is for a normal oven.
I hope you enjoy them..Yes I am getting much happier about the free camping.

hels
Been here for a while

Re:

Post by hels » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:47 pm

JayKay wrote:I’m with you Clare, I have my nails done fortnightly at home, so I am always on the lookout for a beauty salon when we are away, but I guess having their regulars fill up the appointment book, what chance have we ‘blow-ins’ got? So before we head off in May I am going to ring the first major town we’ll be staying at and make an appointment and if we’re delayed along the track, a phone call to change the appointment is easy enough. After that I’ll probably have to ‘wing-it’, but if I can be sufficiently organised and we’re likely to be passing through a biggish town, I’ll phone ahead and Kevin will just have to cool his heels while I attend to the necessities of life! I will have my hair cut pretty short so won’t have to worry about that for a couple of months. It’s all about priorities really, isn’t it!!!?? Jan
I get my nails done once a month and love having them done and before we head off in Sept I was going to get them soaked off but you have given me food for thought. Thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boroma577
Cracked the big time

Post by Boroma577 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:37 pm

Thanks for the recipes Pam….will add them to my collection as well and give them a whirl next camp.

You’ll come to LOVE free camping…promise.

golivers travels
Been here for a while

Post by golivers travels » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:53 am

I agree with you Boroma re free camping. We are just starting to embrace it. Has taken a while and wondering why we did not do it earlier. Suppose we just had to ease into it.
We have met some wonderful people which really helps.
Cheers
Glenda
Glenda and Gary
2008 Jayco Sterling 19ft
2006 Ford Territory TS AWD
http://golivers-travels.blogspot.com/
http://birdshootaustralia.blogspot.com/

Return to “Club Chat”