View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 ladies comments for new travellers 

Post Re: ladies comments for new travellers
The things moving in the cupboards problem, not really a problem (even in our avan erin). After I put whatever in the cupboard, any space is filled with an empty wine or water cask liner. I rinse them out when empty and they last forever. You just open them up like you are taking out the liquid and blow in the hole. When the cupboard is full of this "balloon", nothing moves at all. When you stop, just open the tap and squash the "balloon" until next time.
Hope this works for you all as much as it does for us.
Happy travels,
Deborah

When I remember to make the font bigger I'm not shouting, just visually challenged
Bright red Falcon with an Avan Erin Poptop behind.

See you on the long and winding road

Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:00 am

Hi Sharls, Regarding your query about the Poppy Seed Dressing..... Yes it keeps for a couple of weeks, I think. We use it all up quickly anyway so dont really know???? Toooooo Yummy.
Cheers Wendy

http://goo.gl/maps/C1iu
http://goo.gl/maps/BSDP
http://goo.gl/maps/mMJJ

Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:15 pm

Have just rediscovered this section for us girls, not readily apparent and probably a lot of ladies aren't aware of its existence. Would it be possible for 'Ladies Chat', or similar title, to have it's own heading? Jan

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:39 pm

I keep forgetting where (location) to look for this thread too.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:07 pm

Hope you girls don't think I am a bit of a sook, but have any of you experienced homesickness when travelling and how did you overcome it? We had a lovely trip up through Central Oz last year that should have lasted nearly 4 months, but we cut it short because I was missing the kids and grand kids. We have Skype, but that didn't seem to help. Needless to say, I feel very reluctant to head off for an extended time as I don't want to short circuit another trip. Fortunately Kevin is very patient and understanding. Would appreciate any comments. Jan

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:11 am

hi jaykay ,this is one of the reasons we probably wont do a really long trip or go around the block we love our home and family to much to be away to long

I do admire anyone who can and do go away for long stretches
we just go for 4-5week trips and by the end of that time we are sure looking forward to coming home

hope some one can help you with it all

Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:07 am

Hi Jan, sorry to hear you are missing the kiddies so much. I was about to mention Skype but I see you are already doing this but still missing them.

I personally don't have any issues with leaving the kids and grand kids behind and am about to embark on a long term trip around the block with no return date in mind. I do Skype & email on a regular basis though and they do look forward to my trip reports and pics that I send.

Are your grandies only little??

The other thought I have to help you is to suggest that perhaps the kids (1 or 2 at a time) can come and have a short holiday with you in the van during your trip. Now I say this not knowing if they are old enough to travel alone. If they are, give it some thought.

Alternatively, can you perhaps fly home for a short visit maybe halfway through (presuming it is only a few months) your trip?? Air fares can be quite cheap at times and this might help you miss them less.

Good luck with finding a solution Jan.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:22 pm

Many thanks for your comments Rainy and Boroma. I guess between you, you have suggested the most satisfactory solutions: (a) we go for a shorter length of time or (b) fly home during the trip for a family 'fix'. (the grandkids are too young to fly to us). We love caravanning and have a great setup so this is the only sticking point. Thanks again. Jan

Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:01 am

Good Jan.....looks like you have something to work with now.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Post Silicon Bakeware
Does any-one use the silicon bakeware Does it still need cooking spray before baking cakes or does the silicon do away with this step. Brought some today to try but there are no instructions except to say oven temp up to 220. :roll:

Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next