View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Yellow flag, ribbon etc. 

I was there in the campground behind the steam engine and chaff cutter, against the fence of the tennis courts.
We were gonna take the van down but Annee had to work so I decided to go by meself and had abit of fun under a tarp.

Now just to clear up a point here chuck, was the Mr Sheen story anything to do with the blokes showers.............nah, course not.:p

;)
The Signs & Decal Caravan
http://forum.candm.com.au/album.php?albumid=16

Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Roughin it under the old blue tarp at Heyfield.
Great weekend it was to.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

;)
The Signs & Decal Caravan
http://forum.candm.com.au/album.php?albumid=16

Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:37 pm
Bobster you took the words right out of my mouth! I've just read all the posts on this thread and nearly all tell of not seeing any yellow maps. Why would anyone put a Yellow map on their van? There must be a reason for doing it but then again if noone is doing it maybe there isn't! Certainly puzzling.

Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:20 pm

Post Yellow Maps, Ribbons & Waving
Relatively new to this and currently in WA (Bussleton) 4 weeks in on a 17 week trip from Sydney across the Southern States and back home via Tassie for Christmas; and loving it. Haven't seen any yellow maps or ribbons but often talk to folk who visit this forum. Got into the waving thing early on and reckon the response rate is about 80%; 0% when I forget the vans not on the back!! The return waves are interesting and range from a barely raised index finger, to a thumbs up through to a double-hander from the passenger seat. The wife waves at the truckies too, from both seats, but I have no idea what response she's getting!!

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:20 am

Roughin it under the old blue tarp at Heyfield.
Great weekend it was to.

Well there ya go!

Looking at your photo, we were off to your right, directly opposite the end of the buildings & toilets, in the Winnebago... next to the bloke selling the honey.

Damn, wished I'd known you were there...Saturday was a hotty & a cupla cold tinnies would have gone down well.

Chuck

Blue Mountains

Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:07 pm

Post yellow ribbon
Was driving back from the centre of Perth today in the werk car, and came up behind a black 4WD that I noticed had yellow ribbon tied to the drivers mirror.
No van and I was so gobsmacked, I never noticed the make,
BUT it had a trewellyn jack lying horizontal just above the rear axle, below the back tray. I think it was a dual cab trayback...
Gidday whoever you are anyway... :)

Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:16 pm

OK I'm new to caravanning & 4wd adventures so whats the yellow ribbon for?

G'day Bobster, WELCOME.
The Yellow ribbon is just a thing which came up as a way of recogonising fellow Forum members from this site while on the road.

Nothing formal about it although somewhere on this forum there is a site where you can nominate yourself as a member and fly your own yellow ribbon, the idea being that another "yellow ribboner" will spot you on the road and say G'day.

The sticker, also mentioned in relation to the ribbon is a further extention of the idea.

Muzza

Caution
HAZARDOUS WAIST

Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5