View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Yellow flag, ribbon etc. 

Post Yellow flag, ribbon etc.
We have been on the road now for at least 10 days and I have a Yellow flag on front and back, passed plenty of vans and motorhomes but not one displayed or acknowledged the flags, our hands got tired of waving but no response.
Bill and Dawn

Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:33 pm
Profile YIM

Hey, don't give up, they are out there.:)

Seen any Yellow Maps out there yet ?;)

Keep waving, we all need as much exercise as we can get.:p

;)
The Signs & Decal Caravan
http://forum.candm.com.au/album.php?albumid=16

Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:38 pm

Where are you currently?

Cheers,
Bev

Most people spend their healthy years trying to get wealthy, only to spend their wealthy years trying to get healthy. :)

Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:36 pm

Post Snosun
At the moment still in Hervey Bay for a few more days then upto ?????

Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:25 pm
Profile YIM

Post The Best Caravan Park Yet.
A great park for you to try, I fully recomend it.
On our travels around NSW and Qld We have taken particular notice of the parks in both NSW and Qld, not to be critical but at the same time taking notice of the layout, facilities and so forth. We have taken particular notice of the caretakers, managers and owners and the atmosphere in the parks. Having earned a living for over 45 years selling Mr Whippy Soft Serve ice cream and so forth in and out of the Lakes Entrance, Victoria, caravan parks you soon pick up which are the best parks by the atmosphere and the kids and parents in the parks. You will find in the happiest parks the managers, caretakers or owners are continually seen around the parks cleaning the toilets and showers, raking the leaves etc. and talking to their clients, having a joke with them and in the early evening, having a drink with them. You will see the kids catered for in the pool, games room, playing equipment and so forth. And in some parks just after dark you will see the big screen wheeled out and a movie or two is seen on the screen two or three times a week, this does not interfere with me for as soon as they hear ‘Green Sleeves’ the movie is stopped for 15/20 minutes or for as long as there are customers at the ice cream van, If the kids are happy then Mum and Dad are happy too. And naturally, I am happy too. My greatest dislike is Mum and Dad consuming the amber ale, etc. and the kids in tears because they cannot have an ice cream. I fully realise that some kids are want, want, all the time, but not being allowed an ice cream for the week or two they are in the park????
[font=Times New Roman][size=100]Any way this is getting away from the best park I have seen in my 45 years going in and out of caravan parks. For me it is the “ACE CARAVAN PARKâ€

Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:06 pm
Profile YIM

Post us too
currently in Adelaide travelled from the Shoalhaven and seen no yellow ribbons etc but lots of people in vans still wave a few dont but most do leave here Monday on the way to Perth

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:11 pm

In the last 2 months we drove over 13000km through NT and didn;t see a yellow ribbon/map. Got heaps of waves though. I reckon only one in 30-40 vans owners didn;t wave and that was probably because they were concentrating or damn tired of waving lol. With the number of members I'm sure the "yellow ribbons" will start to become more noticable as time goes on.

Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:43 am

We have been in the Pilbara region of WA for a month now and have not seen any yellow ribbons or maps. Where are you all?? If we are in a c.p. or a free camp we have a walk around looking for a sign of yellow, also when approaching vehicles on the road, we keep a lookout. Yes most give a wave. We have covered about 3000 ks so far. The temp. most days is 30degs. loving it!!

Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:24 pm

Post yellow ribbon
Hello to all at the forum new & old

We left Perth mid May, 14000 ks, travelled the top end up to Darwin over to Kuranda ,bottom of the gulf , over to Cooktown, now travelling south, we are at Elliott Heads C/Park Bundaberg fantastic place very friendly on the beach pay for 5nights and stay 7.
But to this day, we have not seen a yellow ribbon, I don`t know about the yellow map! what is it?

Yes I must say that in all the Ks we have travelled we too found not many people wave. but we will keep encourageing them.
Happy travells

Den & Dana

Ps Steve & Vicky make sure 80 mile beach is on the list caught 144cm threadfin salmon.there and not a fish after that anywhere.

Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:36 am

Post Yellow ribbon
OK I'm new to caravanning & 4wd adventures so whats the yellow ribbon for?

Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next