View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Yellow flag, ribbon etc. 

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1980 Jayco Songbird 15' poptop
tis something started here so we can identify each other out on the road, but now, due to the wonderful talents of Lance we are able to have the yellow map of Australia stickers, see the thread on this for more info.

http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com

Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:42 pm

Post Den and Dana
Where abouts is the Elliots Heads C.P.?
We went to Mon Repos, Turtle Sands Caravan Park, Just out of Bundaberg. A friendly Park right on the beach and right next to the Turtle Hachery (Rookery) but no 7 nights for 5, would appreciate a reply to put it in my little black book for the future.:confused:
Bill and Dawn

Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:23 pm
Profile YIM

http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel/qld/bundaburg/bundaberg/accommodation/caravan/elliott-heads-3

;)
The Signs & Decal Caravan
http://forum.candm.com.au/album.php?albumid=16

Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:40 pm

Post Re Elliot Heads Caravan Park
Hi Bill & Dawn,

Elliot Heads Caravan Park is at the end of the road in Elliot Hds. Beach front, and river mouth on the other side, it is a council Park, we were near the entry, with plenty of room for car, boat, annexe. There are signs to Elliot Hds. from Bundy and Bargara. $110per week, also info. in Q`land caravan parks & touring accom. (Bundaberg Region & Nearby coastal )
book page ( 66) which is free at any C/park or info. cent. I hope this will be of help.

happy travels
Den & Dana

Where abouts is the Elliots Heads C.P.?
We went to Mon Repos, Turtle Sands Caravan Park, Just out of Bundaberg. A friendly Park right on the beach and right next to the Turtle Hachery (Rookery) but no 7 nights for 5, would appreciate a reply to put it in my little black book for the future.:confused:
Bill and Dawn

Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:20 pm

Post Our Yellow Flag,Ribbon and Map of Australia
Well we have been on the road for nearly nine weeks now up as far as Cairns back to Rockhamptom to Longreach, and done the loop back too Rockhampton and slowly making our way back to Hervey Bay then Redcliff and down towards the coast of NSW to make a return visit to Canberra, hoping the ice might have melted by then and after that, back home. As stated previopusly there has been very few Maps of Aus. Yellow Ribbon or Flags on the road either commimng or going We both have limp wrists from waving with very few responses, perhaps they have also gotten tired waving? and given it up as a bad habit. I don't know but there were very few responses to our limp, tired and worn out wrists. If We are going to be shocked going into Victoria I will let you know but dont hold your breath, you might suffocate.:confused:
Bill and Dawn.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:14 pm
Profile YIM

Geez....I'm glad you said that...We have not long returned from a trip...Bris...Townsville and around....and return...3000K in total.....Saw 'NO' yellow ribbons'....got ''NO'' dam waves''...except from 'wizz-bang' drivers and other small campers.......thought to my self....What a 'Mockery' this 'yellow ribbon' stuff is !!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:02 pm

Thanks Lance, money sent, looking forward to receiving the maps

:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:17 am

How many yellow maps of Oz have you sent out?

How many of those do you reckon would have been on the road during the times mentioned by those in the previous posts on this thread?

Rosco532... It's a bloody big country & not everyone wants to be in the area between Brisbane & Townsville at this time of year.

A mockery?

Fair bloody dinkum mate... we've only been going a short time.

Give it a rest!!

Sigh!!!

Chuck

Blue Mountains

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:42 am

Gooday all, Just to put some figures out there, up to today, we have posted 41 sets of maps to members here.

I assume most or all have been applied to the vehicles.
I don't know how many members in total there are here, but I guess 41 is a reasonably small %.

The other aspect to consider is where are these vehicles ?
I've posted to every capital city and many large and small regional towns in all states.

Many of these vans may well still be in a driveway somewhere waiting to hit the road.

Remember these are only the maps, I'd guess at 2/3 times that many ribbons, but who knows.

Ok, most haven't spotted one yet, but how big a buzz is it going to be when you do ?

Now, who can tell me how many caravans are on the road in Oz at any one time ?

;)
The Signs & Decal Caravan
http://forum.candm.com.au/album.php?albumid=16

Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:00 pm

We are just back from Cairns , 9576 km . Did not see any yellow ribbons or maps and did not really think we would . There is a lot of RV's on the road , according to a park owner , more than normal . Are there any left in Victoria ? There was a lot up north . A good trip .

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next