View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Yellow flag, ribbon etc. 

Yellow ribbon/flag for forum members, but not sure how many have been sold/displayed..... if we are talking 50 or so, then that will make them rare indeed

Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:12 pm

Hiya, We are wavers and have found the people that wave back outway the people that don't but now we have our yellow maps of Australia on our van and vehicle. (thankyou so much Lance!) We are heading off towards Geraldton on Friday, maybe we will see other Aussie maps out there!
Safe travels,
Nola.

08 Concept Ascot

Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:11 am

We are up Norseman way next week with Map and Ribbon in place.

We will face west and give you a long distance wave.

Take it easy.

SD

Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:21 pm

We will face East and wave back! Have a terrific time and stay safe.
Cheers,
Nola.

08 Concept Ascot

Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:45 pm

Post yellow flag ribbon etc
At least people wave to you all, my husband Peter tows the caravan and I tow the trailer(the trailer has husbands work gear in as he is a house painter as he is semi-retyred) I wave to caravans but no one waves back to me, than they wave to Peter as they go pass him.
from Peter & Karren

Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:35 am

Post Two week trip...
Navigator & I have just returned from a 2 week trip from the Blue Mountains out through Bathurst, Orange, Wellington, Cowra, Young, Gundagai, Tumut, Batlow, Tumbarumba, Tallangatta, Mt Beauty, Bright, Mt Hotham, Omeo, Bairnsdale, Sale, Heyfield, Lakes Entrance, Orbost, Cann River, then along the SE NSW coast to Nowra & Kangaroo Valley, Mittagong, Picton, Penrith & back home to the Blue Mountains.

All the above is a strange way of saying that we also did not see anyone else with the 'yellow map', or 'ribbons'. Not only that, but I found it extremely difficult, when driving, to pick the right moment to take my eyes off the road ahead & look directly at the oncoming RV to ascertain if it did or did not have one of the above.

I think they will be much more useful in van parks as an identifying point... pity that most of our overnight stops will be in free camps... !

Chuck

Blue Mountains

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:59 pm

Where and when were you in Heyfield ?
Camp Oven festival ?

;)
The Signs & Decal Caravan
http://forum.candm.com.au/album.php?albumid=16

Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi Chuck, that sounds like a great trip. When we started this idea, the thought in my mind, I don't know about anybody else's, was to be able to recognise a fellow forum member in a caravan park, free camp or maybe at a lunch stop. I agree with you that it would be unlikely that you would see a yellow ribbon or yellow map when actually driving. And it's obvious that not many have been spotted so far, but if we keep at it long enough, eventually it will happen and it'll be pretty special. I for one, keep looking.

Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:30 pm

Sounds like a good drive Chuck.
Where and when were you in Heyfield ?
Camp Oven festival ?

G'day Lance,

Not the weekend just gone but the one prior, at the sports ground/footy oval on the way out of town towards Mafra.

Heyfield put on a Camp Oven Cook-off each year, well for the past 3 anyway, simply as a means of increasing tourism into their area. We found out about it purely by accident whilst on the www looking for something totally unconnected & seeing as we were going to be out'n'bout around that time figured we'd head on over & check it out.

Good fun & inexpensive at $10pvpn , but no power/water, although toilets & showers provided... the ummm blokes was a communal type shower where you all stand in a row & brag about what you've got - if you've got it!! Ladies had individual shower cubicles.

Just off topic for a minute... I use Mr Sheen on the front of the MH prior to travelling to prevent bugs sticking & a question was asked if it is likely to have any adverse effect on decals. Any idea?

Chuck

Blue Mountains

Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi Chuck, that sounds like a great trip. When we started this idea, the thought in my mind, I don't know about anybody else's, was to be able to recognise a fellow forum member in a caravan park, free camp or maybe at a lunch stop. I agree with you that it would be unlikely that you would see a yellow ribbon or yellow map when actually driving. And it's obvious that not many have been spotted so far, but if we keep at it long enough, eventually it will happen and it'll be pretty special. I for one, keep looking.

Totally agree - now - Mist.

Originally, I think I was kinda hoping for identifying other users on the road, but after our little jaunt I realise that is totally impractical. Not only from a safety factor of taking your eyes off the road to scan the front of oncoming vehicles in the hope of seeing a yellow Oz map or ribbons, but also then madly grabbing the UHF mike & saying "G'day" before realising they are probably not on the same freq (me 20/40) as you !

So yes, I now definitely agree that it is probably purely an on site means of identification & that in itself is a good thing.

Chuck

Blue Mountains

Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next