View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next
 ladies comments for new travellers 

hi sellingup, kerry.....great attitude you have. hope we hear some great stories from the ladies i just want to sit back and read and learn. and have a laugh. one funny story i have, well its funny now, was we were in a Busselton caravan park. south of perth, and i was in the campervan by myself till 1am cos somebody had a men only thing to go to, anyway had my tea and grabbed a magazine then i could hear something on the roof and the park was full of peppermint trees so i thought thats a branch. then like something was gnawing on the van, scratching and i thought i would go outside and have a look with a torch, couldnt see anything, so sat down to read and then looked up cos i heard a noise in the vent and some eyes were looking at me, think it was my sandwich it was looking at. so i closed the vents and it started to scratch and went on like that for 7 hours. it felt like a footy side was on the roof and pooing all over the roof, it was a hell of a night but get this 1am it stopped.....POSSUMS......

be yourself cos everyone else is taken

on on

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:44 pm

Had a similar experience at Kelso last Christmas. I was out in the annexe while hubby and daughter were asleep. The lovely lady camped beside me had come in late, flat camera batteries and exhausted. So I plugged in the charger and made a cup of tea for her and brought out the homemade shortbread biscuits. We were chatting away when a possum walked in, eyed us off then tried to make a run for it with my biscuit tin lol. I had to chase the little bugger and grab it off him. The tin was as big as he was and it still has tooth marks in it. :)

Our blog. Distributor and volunteer for Operation Photo Rescue

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:50 pm
Profile WWW

What a great thread, thanks Sue for instigating it and I look forward to reading what all you lovely ladies have to say.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:24 pm

We are not retired yet so we only do little trips, (but we look so forward to them just the same) so no need for hairdressers. Food well, as most ladies, i always pack enough to feed a small nation! Dinners are mainly easy dishes. Our closets are packed with both winter n summer gear and i take three pairs of shoes, thongs,runners and slippers Generally we like to take a walk and maybe sit and chat.(same as Lesley,i talk he listens!) There are books in the van but hardly ever get round to reading them but they are there as a "justin" (just in case) We have sat telly. I have only driven once but i am aiming to do a little more. Can't reverse but would love to have a go. In a nutshell, we love to have a wine (or 2) some nibbles and just have a laugh!
Cheers,
Nola.

08 Concept Ascot

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:55 pm

Post Waiting on the van
We're still waiting on the van to arrive in March next year, so we haven't even done a shakedown!! I was wondering as well about shoes, and food and exactly the same thing as Sue. Must be the name - inquisitive by nature!!

I have no ideas really and Stuart wonders the same thing about the car and van boot. We'll get there slowly but surely but it had better be sooner rather than later as we start the 5 month trek in June '10 - not much time to get it right.

Knowing me, I'll take too many shoes and clothes and makeup that won't get worn. One day in August after 3 months on the road, I'll look at the hairdryer and say "why did I bring this?"

Ah well, another of lifes lessons!! And I can't wait for it to begin.

Sue and Stu

Life's too short to drink bad wine or warm beer

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:45 pm

after a couple of trips you will work it out.
We soon made changes to what we carried and how we stored and did things.
Like square snap lock plastic containers instead of old tuppaware ones, they stack and store better.
And ziplock plastic bags in the fridge and freezer etc.
What we carry now would not resemble the first trip.
Had to throw lots out to fit more grog in. (HIC)
Sorry to hijack your thread girls.

Cheers Jabba

Things are so bad that Kevin07 is thinking of turning off the light at the end of the tunnel.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:06 pm

Post ladies where are you?
hello everyone where are you all? Sometimes i think this is a males forum. Come on ladies give the men a run for their knowledge. Hope your Xmas and New Year was great, how many spent it on the road? I have been reading the forums everyday and see lots of new members surely the women can get on the forums and put some intresting subjects for all to read. The same people start the threads everyday and most of them are men, not their navigators,as they say.Why not their partners or wives? Dont get me wrong, i read what the men write and comment about and have learnt alot and allways say to Frank what does that mean?and he explains it to me. But why dont the women start new threads? I know some do but the percentage of women dont. Why is that? I see lots of women travelling but it only seems the men are the ones who talk on these forums. Come on ladies share your stories, photos, recipes or anything. Tell us where you are on the road and what your doing and where your going. Cant wait to read all about it........susan

on on

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:37 am

Heartily agree Susan. Where would our menfolk be without us? The first one to say 'fishing somewhere enjoying the peace & quiet' gets a kick under the table lol.
Our recent 3 night stay at Longford just whetted my appetite for more. We camped on a no power site so it was good to see we got 3 nights easily out of our house battery.
Hubby has discovered the joys of bbqing after all these years so he even went to the camp kitchen instead of dragging ours out. He met a lovely family from NSW and was still gass bagging when I went up to retrieve the meat which he hadn't started.

It took me 3 weeks of hunting to find a stick on loo roll holder for our shower. I could get every fancy, brushed stainless one i wanted but got a blank stare when asking for a cheap plastic one.

I'm keeping an eye out in the op shops for some good games the 3 of us can play on the trips. Monopoly is a bit hard under the awning on a windy day. Daughter has to keep chasing the cards & money.

We will keep doing the short trips til the house is ready for sale then lookout mainland, here we come.

Our blog. Distributor and volunteer for Operation Photo Rescue

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:40 pm
Profile WWW

Post Woman power!!
What a great idea Sue. Hope the administrators create a separate Heading for us girls!
Kevin and I really love getting away, and after nearly 40 years marriage, I've just about got him trained! We work well as team, and do it my way! Just joking!
I tend to be the planner of trips and spend many hours at the laptop, researching where we'll go, the route we will take, how long we'll stay at each place etc and Kev's just happy to tag along. We share the driving, but I don't even attempt reversing with half a house behind us. I generally have a bit of a cook-a-thon before we head off on a long trip, so there's always food in the fridge/freezer of the van and enough non-perishables in the cupboard to see us through if we free camp.
As I'm the one who combs through the posts on the forum it's good to know there are other women out there, sometimes it seems like a blokey forum. Don't you find some of these guys get a little bit 'precious', their ego's get in the way and they get a bit agro in some of their posts. Move over fellas, the women have entered the building!! Jan

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:32 pm

Post ladies
geeze jan, these guys are going to go blokey on us now, watch out. Frank just read your post and cracked up. He said shes right. glad to hear you read the posts as well and we do discuss them. And i know there are lots of people out there who help anyone who needs it and i dont pretend to know half as much as the blokes but it would be nice to get a womans view as well. And laugh at yourself.. my man makes me laugh every day.

on on

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next