View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Jayco Vs Coromal 

Both good vans my only concern with these is they have single axles, considering the amount of klm,s we can travel in our pride and joy,s the idea of a blowout at 90klm,s an hour single axle van two tyre,s we decided on a twin axle van who nows maybe I worry to much. I think I need a good holiday.See you on the road cheers

yeah that was one of the reasons I went the jayco for less money and still got dual axle but depending on how much you spend you can get dual axle in any van maker

Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Post Jayco V Coromal.
rayw1 wrote:
Dove,
Boy do you know how to open up a bun fight!

You are going down the upgrade path similar to what we did. Had a Jayco Finch for 3 years and just got sick of having to empty everything off the floor to get to the beds. Upgraded to a 15ft single axle Gazal - 1998 model.

The choices you're looking at are both well supported in Australia - Jayco probably has more than 50% of caravan sales (just by counting passing vans). Coromal though are made by a company with a long term commitment to the caravanning industry - Fleetwood Corp make caravans Coromal and Windsor), they own Camec and they own a retirement village.

I think Jayco are timber framed and Coromal are aluminium. You will get arguments for and against both.

Coromal has independant suspension not sure on the Jayco.

When we were looking we had a really good look at a Coromal Pioneer which was an offroad model. It was very well built and very strong. I'm not sure what the difference is between their different models - whether some are budget models or not but if they were built to the same standard as the Pioneer we looked at you wouldn't have problems.

Good luck! I'm sure you will get lots of advice.

Ray.

We have a 1995 Jayco single axle, & it is aluminium framed.
Good van, tows well.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:38 pm

Post Jayco V Corimal
We have a 1995 single axle Jayco, and it is aluminium framed.
It is our second van and it tows great.
It really is a case of looking, looking, and looking some more.
Keep an open mind and you will find what you want.
Happy travels,
Tony48

Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:43 pm

I prefer the Coromal, had a Jayco Swan, took it round Australia in 95 for 4 1/2 months, with kids, Now "Darby and Joan" and have a Coromal 505 Pioneer XL.

The Jayco was fine , but prefer the Coromal for its suspension. The Jayco, with the solid axle, tends to "dance" if you get one wheel on the dirt shoulder of narrow roads in the outback, while the Coromal with the independant suspension tows true.
Have heard that the earlier Jayco's that were made from fibreglass sheet, instead of moulded fibreglass did have cracking problems with the sheet sides.
Pretty well, all vans built in Australia are made for Australian conditions, but as with all things, you get what what you pay for, look at the price difference between the Jayco, Coromal, Kedron and Bushtracker.

Cheers, hope you have lots of enjoyment with whatever you end up getting.

He who shouts loudest is not always right

Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:10 am

Post Jaco V coromal
Hi Dove.
I agree with Ray's comments.
We have owned a Coromal 16"6' pop top- What a beautiful caravan. It towed like a dream.
Have upgraded to a Coromal Princeton 652- It is also a well built beautiful caravan.
What I have found out in the last 5 years is that Coromal dealerships and Coromal WA will always endeavour to ensure customers are well looked after. We have had a few minor problems, and eventhought warranty expired Jan 2008, Coromal are still prepared to assist. The latest being only today when we picked-up a new boot lid, which I believe would have cost approx. $400, however Coromal WA provided it for no cost. I have to fit, however that will not cause any problems.
We must keep in mind that the majority of parts that make up all caravans are not made by the caravan manufacturers.
Friends have a Territory and purchased a Coromal Life Style 615, and from all reports are very pleased with the combination.
Please keep in mind that Jaco do not make caravans to the same standard as Coromal, however I believe Jaco has a good after sales back-up.
Enjoy caravanning.
Regards
Robertw

Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:13 pm

Post Jayco vs Coromal
robertw wrote:
Please keep in mind that Jaco do not make caravans to the same standard as Coromal, however I believe Jaco has a good after sales back-up.
Enjoy caravanning.
Regards
Robertw

I would dispute that Coromal are better quality from those I have seen, both are mass produced vans (Coromal are now owned by Fleetwood) and both have their good and bad points, but overall are good everyday vans built for Ozzie conditions. Have a look at both and make up your own mind. Also compare the price and what you get for that price.

Good luck with whatever you decide to choose.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:49 pm

We are very pleased with our Jayco 17-55-3 poptop which we purchased at Hall's in Mildura in April 09 after trading a 03 Jayco Freedom 16 ft.poptop.
The van tows beautifully behind our 06 Falcon, after sales service is excellent.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:53 pm

just letting you know that the simplicity independent suspension is also a option on jayco and since the same spec van in jayco will cost between 6-10 grand less paying $1500 for the suspension as an extra shouldn't be a problem if this is some thing your after. write a list of what you want I was after a modern looking van gal chassis, modern windows and doors and fibreglass walls. But at the end of the day my wife wouldn't let me buy a coromal as they look outdated

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4