View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Jayco Vs Coromal 

Post Visit Yards or C'Van Show
Basically, you can't go wrong with either a Jayco or Coromal for on road use for value and reliability, also spares readily available in most places. You can get made to order vans or more up market vans but be prepared to pay for them, they will cost a lot more.

Take on board what others have said here and go and visit yards that sell both used and new vans of the types you are looking for and look at the vans you are interested in. If there is a caravan show on you can get to go there and inspect those on display.

In the end, it is what you may feel happy with, personally I would stick with Ozzie made vans if possible.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:44 pm

If there is a caravan show on you can get to go there and inspect those on display.

The Adelaide Caravan show is on during the Last few days of February......

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:16 pm

Post New van
Before we decided on our van (La Vista) we made a check list of the things we wanted in a van (toilet/shower combo, full oven, queen bed etc) and then put in a rating system for each of the things we found. Made it up into A4 sheets and then each van manufacturer we visited, we put the make and model details at top and address where it was. We also took photos because after visiting van yards from Newcaste to Adelaide and everywhere in between you do forget what you saw a day or so earlier. We didn't have preconceaved ideas on make or modles and just let the check list do the work for us. In the end the La Vista Majorca Gold 17' internal ticked all our boxes with scores of nines and tens. Believe you me we would have been lost without the list. Have an open mind when making this BIG decision, you make be retiring in something that you didn't really want.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:50 pm

G'day Dove. We recently got rid of our 1979 Jayco Dove, opting for a simpler van for setting up and down. Can't speak too highly of the Dove. It was an oldie, but a goodie. Tough as they come, and gave us great service for 10 years. Dragged it all over Australia. We had no particular replacement van in mind, but ended up with a 17ft.Coromal Low Line Pop Top, as it had all we wanted in a van, and we're more than happy with it. In particular, overnight stops. What a breeze. Pull up, 5 minutes later you're done. Same when leaving next morning. We were rapt in our Dove, and now we're rapt in the Coromal. Just find one you like, and enjoy. Travel Safe.

Roger B....

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:43 pm

I just went looking at vans and looked at all makes I wanted an offroad style van more for height and clearance then doing tracks like the kedron boys but wasn't as important as getting a bunkbed van and finding the best value.

I looked at the coromal family series 16x7'6 bunk bed van (most basic in the coromal range) asked 2 dealers for there price and both came in at $32500 drive away with aircon, roll out awning.

went to jayco straight away more approachable and willing to put a package together for me that included aircon, roll out awning quick drop jacks underslung axles (for more clearance) , extra water tank and electric brake controller installed in my truck this was for the jayco 17.55-5 which is 17.5x 8"1 and came in at $31800 I found that not only was the price cheaper I got dual axles,alloy wheels, proper galvanised chassis,fibreglass walls which given it a modern look. better cabinets more of a european style, more space.
all dual bed jaycos have a porta-potti storage hole under the bed.

I have since added to my list and now I am getting and outback spec van with solar twin batterys,offroad hitch.

The main thing that stopped me getting the coromal was the wife when we looked at the coromal then walked away she told me it was clean for a 2nd hand van but way to expensive for 2nd hand I replied its brand new she turned around and said no way it looks like it was made in the 80s. That was it no way I was paying more for something people could think is 20 years old.

I am sure if you buy either they will serve you well and maybe you might get a better salesman in coromal then you will get in jayco

this is current coromal, the jayco I was going to get and the jayco I am getting in outback spec for $34100

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:03 pm

Dove, Good luck with your chose. We also are undecided what make of van to get (looking at off road). I spoke to my neighbour who,s family owns a caravan centre north of adelaide, and he runs the workshop and spare parts, said jayco are an exellent value for money van with great after sales service. He did,nt have anything negative to say about them, and he knows how they are all put together. On coromals defence, he said they are a good van too. Confusing is,nt it. To Beast50, Is that a correct price for a new jayco outback? We are looking for that exact same van, but have been looking at second hand as we thought a new van would be out of our price range (40k max). But if that price is correct we will be seeing what sort of deals they have at the caravan show in Feb (adelaide). Also if you buy second hand and can wait until after a caravan show, all the yards are full of trade ins they want to get rid of.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:16 pm

What a question. It is a bit like asking what's best a Holden or a Falcon. We all know it's a Holden !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Falcon. :D

I think you will walk into a van, any make, one day and fall in love with it. We went to the Melb Caravan show to buy an awning for the old van and got a new van instead lol.

Our blog. Distributor and volunteer for Operation Photo Rescue

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:49 pm
Profile WWW

Dove, Good luck with your chose. We also are undecided what make of van to get (looking at off road). I spoke to my neighbour who,s family owns a caravan centre north of adelaide, and he runs the workshop and spare parts, said jayco are an exellent value for money van with great after sales service. He did,nt have anything negative to say about them, and he knows how they are all put together. On coromals defence, he said they are a good van too. Confusing is,nt it. To Beast50, Is that a correct price for a new jayco outback? We are looking for that exact same van, but have been looking at second hand as we thought a new van would be out of our price range (40k max). But if that price is correct we will be seeing what sort of deals they have at the caravan show in Feb (adelaide). Also if you buy second hand and can wait until after a caravan show, all the yards are full of trade ins they want to get rid of.

yeah the van price is right I have returned your message with more details good luck

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:55 pm

Post Good choices
Both good vans my only concern with these is they have single axles, considering the amount of klm,s we can travel in our pride and joy,s the idea of a blowout at 90klm,s an hour single axle van two tyre,s we decided on a twin axle van who nows maybe I worry to much. I think I need a good holiday.See you on the road cheers

Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:03 pm

There are other vans out there besides Jayco and Coromal, and most of them better.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next