View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Jayco Vs Coromal 

Post Jayco Vs Coromal
Hi all, we currently have a Jayco Dove and plan to up grade to a single axle Pop Top van in the next 12 months. Had pretty well decided on a small Jayco Discovery, but have since looked at the Coromal range.

Have any of you considered these two vans?????????? If so would appreciate your thoughts on preference. We tow with a Ford Territory, don't need alot of space, less weight the better. We do like the idea of less work setting up and closing up the Pop Top, plus the extra storage space, and a place to put a porta potti.

Regards,

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:32 pm

Welcome to the forum.

hope you get the info soon. Cheers Rod

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:51 pm

I have friends who chose a Coromal Pioneer (the offroad unit) over the Jayco because they felt the overall finish was better. The quality of items used and the vinyl etc was better as well and yes it was also slightly more expensive.

Things at that time like the door being a better unit, easier to set up and a much better suspension. They too tow with a Territory and they are very pleased with their purchase. They have had it for a few years now.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:52 pm

I've just upgraded from a Cub Drifter Camper for much the same reasons, to a Jayco Starcraft Poptop 1996 model 13Ft Tare 730. Still setting up/fixing getting ready for its first shakedown run in Feb. It towed really well during the trip home after purchase, very similar to the camper.
Have to make a slight modfication to the table so as to fit the Porta Potti underneath with a cover,dosn't fit anywhere else. The Coramals I looked at in the same size were heavier. Good luck with your search, I'm very happy with the Jayco, but it is my first van and I'm still learning.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:52 pm

We have had two Jayco Pop Top vans and both have given excellent service.

Jayco has a good track record of after sales support, and one of the best dealer networks around.

The last Jayco we had was a 2005 Freedom 16.52-1

Can't comment on Coromal. Never owned one.

Cheers,

Crusader MK2

Safe travels and keep smiling

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:52 pm

Post Retreat
I am probably in a similar market to you Dove, but I want to wait until next January to buy if I can but as an alternative to a small conventional van I like the idea of these

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automotive/Caravans-Mobile-Homes-Trailers/Caravans-Camper-Trailers/AdNumber=TP003198333?BackToResult=true&AdOnTop;=

12.5 foot towing length, bed doesn't take up half the room all day so plenty of space in a small van, solid bed extension, no canvas and comes with an en-suite in the 14 foot ones plus Roadstar quality...bad news, Roadstar doesn't exist in this format any more and you will have to crawl over mum to get out of bed.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi all, we currently have a Jayco Dove and plan to up grade to a single axle Pop Top van in the next 12 months. Had pretty well decided on a small Jayco Discovery, but have since looked at the Coromal range.

Have any of you considered these two vans?????????? If so would appreciate your thoughts on preference. We tow with a Ford Territory, don't need alot of space, less weight the better. We do like the idea of less work setting up and closing up the Pop Top, plus the extra storage space, and a place to put a porta potti.

Regards,

Dove,
Boy do you know how to open up a bun fight!

You are going down the upgrade path similar to what we did. Had a Jayco Finch for 3 years and just got sick of having to empty everything off the floor to get to the beds. Upgraded to a 15ft single axle Gazal - 1998 model.

The choices you're looking at are both well supported in Australia - Jayco probably has more than 50% of caravan sales (just by counting passing vans). Coromal though are made by a company with a long term commitment to the caravanning industry - Fleetwood Corp make caravans Coromal and Windsor), they own Camec and they own a retirement village.

I think Jayco are timber framed and Coromal are aluminium. You will get arguments for and against both.

Coromal has independant suspension not sure on the Jayco.

When we were looking we had a really good look at a Coromal Pioneer which was an offroad model. It was very well built and very strong. I'm not sure what the difference is between their different models - whether some are budget models or not but if they were built to the same standard as the Pioneer we looked at you wouldn't have problems.

Good luck! I'm sure you will get lots of advice.

Ray.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:20 pm

Have you had a look at A'van Aliner or Cruiseliner . If so , how do they compare .
We are happy with our Aliner , but it's a matter of what you like or more what your wife likes .
I always get the last word : Yes love he he

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:59 pm

Post Mally
What a question. It is a bit like asking what's best a Holden or a Falcon. We all know it's a Holden !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:16 am

tows well...Great for the two of us.....
The only way is to visit lots of dealers and take a flask of coffee / Tea...
Spend heaps of time sitting inside having a brew...
Try out the beds etc..
Take photos so when you get home you can remember the layouts....
most important is to enjoy the experience of looking and comparing....

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next