View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Jayco Vs Coromal 

Sorry, cant comment on the jayco as never owned one, but my mate bought a new jayco last year and is very pleased with it.
We upgraded from an Avan sportliner camper which was too small for us.
We bought a Coromal excel E451 15 footer.
The build quality is very good and with the independant suspension, it tows like a dream behind our Kia Sorento 4WD.
We are happy with the size and everything works well.
I suppose that there is not much difference between the two brands and it would come down to choosing the layout and price that suits you best.
Happy vanning in the future.

Cheers Jabba

Things are so bad that Kevin07 is thinking of turning off the light at the end of the tunnel.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:34 pm

Check out the suspension in the Coromal....it is rather unique.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Thanks to all for your replies. Looks like its a toss up between a Comoral and a Jayco. Will spend Saturday between Comoral and Jayco dealers in Melb.

We have been to some nice places and met some good people during our initial travels.

Regards

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:56 pm

Hi Dove We had a Coromel Pioneer off roader We love it we tryed the Jayco out but thought coromel had a little more style Very well built My wife wanted a toilet so we bought a LaVista from Geelong By the way the bed was the best bed we had had in any of our caravans Clive

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:16 pm

Post Jayco vs Coromal
When looking at new vans I went to both Coromal yard in Perth and the Jayco yard opposite.
Just a correction on a previous post, Jayco have aluminium frames, not wood and fibreglass bodies (later models). They have leaf springs and Cormal had independent suspension.
Jayco also have rear windows on most models allowing for better flow through ventilation where Coromal do not. Jacyco and Coromal are mass produced, with Jayco having over 50% of the new van market, don't know about Coromal. Jayco are cheaper and in my opinion from my comparison of various models of the two you get more for your money and also the finish was better than Coromal, whose furniture seemed old fashioned and numerous minor faults on the new ones I saw in the yard (cuboards not closing properly, bits not secured properly etc). I may add this is Coromals main yard in Australia. Both makes of van are very popular with caravanners and seem to stand the test of time. And yes, I ended up buying a Jayco after my comparison of both new various models.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:55 am

Hi all just a comment from a satisfied Jayco owner. We bought a Jayco Swan in 2008 then went on a 12000 km trip we had a good time and no drastic complaints with the Swan, due to the amount of time we intend to spend on the road each year we decided to upgrade and to that end we bought a Jayco Discovery only done 5000kms so far but we are about to take off for 5 months.

Enjoy your trip no matter what van you decide on.

Regards

Raelene and Terry

Holden Colorado 4X4 3.0lit diesel 2010
Jayco Discovery 2009

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:21 am

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:52 am

What a question. It is a bit like asking what's best a Holden or a Falcon. We all know it's a Holden !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No , Toyota is the best . What the heck , as long as it get's us from A to B in comfort .
And the same with a van , as long as you like it and it get's ---------

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:15 pm
Post Coromal
If you are over 5'9" watch your head when entering and leaving a Coromal pop top.:o

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:48 pm

If you are over 5'9" watch your head when entering and leaving a Coromal pop top.:o

bingo.......

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next