View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Mobile Phone Help 

Post Re: Mobile Phone Help
Perhaps these PH manufacturers should start making the things suitable for the job, like people putting them in their pockets and then sweating on them or walking in the rain.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:45 pm

Hawkie, the cynic in me says that, that is how they make you buy new phones and there is planned obselesence in all technology. But you are so right, it would be great if these things were actually made for real people to use them, not just office bound tech heads. :neutral:

When I remember to make the font bigger I'm not shouting, just visually challenged
Bright red Falcon with an Avan Erin Poptop behind.

See you on the long and winding road

Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:48 pm

The whole mobile phone marketing strategy is aimed at getting people to constantly upgrade.
About eight years ago Nokia had a trade’s phone. I don’t remember the model number. (craft). My son told me that Nokia gave them one to trial and were told to nock it around a bit. He said they even kicked it around the workshop floor and it didn’t break. That phone disappeared off the market. To reliable. :rolleyes:

I believe there is a Chinese phone that has just come on the market. They say it is totally dust, water and shockproof. And will float if dropped in water. Sounds to good to be true. Will have to keep an eye out for it.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3