View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Honda EU10i Generator Best Price ? 

Post Honda EU10i Generator Best Price ?
Im after a Honda EU10 generator ,i have been susing prices at caravan shows and retail,and online. The current lowest price i can find is $1350 at a retail shop with normal 4 year warranty and the other is $1400 with ext 5yr warranty plus security cable,generator cover and picnic set and delivery from the Generator shop. Has anyone purchased one any cheaper and ifso where from ?. Also input on the Yammy to.PS: i dont need the EU20 dont want to run my air or microwave.Cheers Neil

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:21 am

The $1400 deal sounds reasonable...that is what I would be going for......

Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:57 pm

I have my brand new Engel 1kW generator 4sale.
Its never been used. Still got the warranty.
Engel is made by Honda.
Sell for $920.00
See
http://www.engelaustralia.com.au/cgi-bin/products.cgi?category=Generators⊂_category=Portable
reason for selling - brought new caravan and we need 2kW to power the A/C.
Peter

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:18 pm

Im after a Honda EU10 generator ,i have been susing prices at caravan shows and retail,and online. The current lowest price i can find is $1350 at a retail shop with normal 4 year warranty and the other is $1400 with ext 5yr warranty plus security cable,generator cover and picnic set and delivery from the Generator shop. Has anyone purchased one any cheaper and ifso where from ?. Also input on the Yammy to.PS: i dont need the EU20 dont want to run my air or microwave.Cheers Neil

we bought one of ebay for $850. done 20hrs work.john&colleen;

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:36 pm

we bought one of ebay for $850. done 20hrs work.john&colleen;
If ya find one brand new for that price then ill want to know. Cheers Neil PS well done with your purchase.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Post Honda 1kva
If you live in Queensland try Hinterland Mowers at Nerang 0755781999 they will do you a very good if you have some bargaining skills.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:44 pm

Yamaha EF1000 are SUBSTANTIALLY superior to Honda EU10

Dont touch Engel generator. No ECO throttle and they put out SQUARE wave which burns or cooks some devices.
The Engel is NOT made by Honda. Base motor only made by Honda and the rest is made by Sawa Fuji.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:45 am

Dont touch Engel generator. No ECO throttle and they put out SQUARE wave which burns or cooks some devices.
The Engel is NOT made by Honda. Base motor only made by Honda and the rest is made by Sawa Fuji.

I thought they were from reading snippets of info on other sites but they didn't go into saying exactly why they are any better than Honda.Do you know? Cheers neil

Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:08 pm

Anyting to back this claim or are you just urinating into the wind?

"Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity" [SIZE="1"]R. Heinlein: Time Enough For Love[/SIZE]

Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:30 pm

The Yamaha has a cast iron liner against Honda's aluminium bore.

Yamaha has large size filler cap compared to Honda's tiny filler cap which is a pain to refill.

Yamaha has nearly twice the fuel capacity.

Yamaha has all controls on one panel.

Yamaha has proper fuel tap and Honda has none. If you are carrying Honda in vehicle or caravan boot they smell of fuel all the time as the fuel drips from the air filter on long trips.

The Yamaha has a bigger engine and does approximately a 1,000 rpm less than the Honda which means less noise and slightly lower fuel consumption.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next