View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 35  Next
 ladies comments for new travellers 

Post Re: ladies comments for new travellers
I saw some great containers yesterday in BigW...square sides (not tapered like most), white in colour, basket type and a couple of different sizes.

The pic on them indicated suitable for use in cupboards but I reckon they are very suitable for use in the fridge and will get one for my fridge next trip to BigW.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:58 pm

Hi Ladies
thanks for the tips

another :?:
I'm guessing a few of you have been over some very rough corrugated roads??
I have heard that some items (cans of drinks etc) rub against each other & cause friction holes & leak contents every where.
So what do you ladies do to prevent this becoming a disaster in your van??
cheers
Sue

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:49 pm

I put rubber bands around my pressure pack cans etc. Stubby coolers are also good for this.

If I have lots of cans of drink I pack well and wrap firmly in a towel and pack them down low, ...eg on the floor under the bed or similar place. Preferably inside cardboard box so that if one does leak the cardboard and towel usually soak the up the liquid.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:04 am

Location: Shellharbour, NSW - when we're not on the highways of Australia!
Post Flaking & Breaking Fingernails
Hi all,

I've noticed a few posts about nail treatments, so thought I'd put something up here... right now my nails are in a woeful state: really thin and flaking off . I tried Dr Leuwins (spelling?) nail hardener and found that it made them worse! I've Googled it since then found that some nails react badly to this sort of thing because of a formaldehyde base. I also found a post on another forum (or blog) in which someone had had the same experience... and she finally found that what worked for her was rubbing in a nourishing cream on the cuticle and nail bed. Now she says her nails are rock hard.

So I'm trying that, now... still using the Dr Leuwins stuff, but just the nourishing oil rather than the nail hardener.

But meanwhile... has anyone else had the same problem? And if so, did you find a solution?

Cheers
Marg :-)

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:00 am

For nails use Vaseline Intensive Care Hand & Nail Lotion. The one in the pink tube. I don't use it too often because it makes my nails grow really fast. You can find it in most stores eg Woolies, Coles etc.

Peanut

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:45 am

I met two ladies the other day and asked them how they got their nails so nice and the answer was VASELINE.......they rub it into their nails every night....Also remember watching the Tyra Banks show a few years ago and she gave all her audience members her beauty secret, VASELINE, and she said she used it every day on her face and washed it off with hot water. Her mum and aunties had been using this for years.
Sue

be yourself cos everyone else is taken

on on

Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:53 am

Hmmm, two votes for vaseline within minutes! Sounds like that's the answer... and I bet it's a whole lot cheaper than the one I'm using, too!
OK: on the grocery list for this arvo: vaseline...
Thanks HEAPS. At the rate I was going I was afraid I'd have no nails left at all.
Marg

Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:12 am

Post Flaking/breaking nails
Thanks for your comments Marg - I put up a post saying how wonderful I thought the Revitanail product was and rapt in my 'new strong nails', and then found that they started snapping across the top and flaking. I had just bought a new bottle for our winter travels. So I stopped using it and just waited for the nail bed to grow the nails without anything on them and three months later I have my nails again, as normal. We were travelling during winter in the southern regions so handcream was applied everyday to keep the hands soft so I guess that helped. Interesting what works for some and not for others - you were not alone.

Cheers - Ngaire

Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:44 am

Post Flaking nails
Hi Ngaire,
I've bought the vaseline hands and nail care in the pink tube and I'm rubbing it in several times a day...it can't take hold soon enough! Meanwhile the tops of the nails are still weak and flaking. Sigh.
I originally heard about the Dr Leeuwins product from a beauty/nail therapist who uses it with all her clients. It was only after my nails got WORSE, not better, that I started Googling to see what the problem might be and found that these products don't work for everyone.
Cheers
Marg

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:37 am

Hello Ladies

I am here to tell you about a new product, well 2 in fact, which I have tried recently and thoroughly recommend.

SunRice Long Grain White Rice in 90 seconds (microwave) and the Medium Grain Brown Rice in 90 seconds (microwave).

They come in a 250g (2 serves) packet and are so good, I will no longer ever boil rice on the stove again.

I notice on the supermarket shelves a lot of these eg Jasmin rice etc, but I only have tried the 2 above and now that I have tried them at home, they will be now also be added to my caravan pantry.

Peanut

Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 35  Next