View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Flying Our Flag. 

Post Re: Flying Our Flag.
We want to get the sticker that says P... Off we're full! Where can I get one? When I say that though I mean all the people who dont embrace our culture and respect it. Why live here at all if you dont. Do you ever see muslims in caravan parks?

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:08 am

Ant@Shez wrote:
We want to get the sticker that says P... Off we're full! Where can I get one? When I say that though I mean all the people who dont embrace our culture and respect it. Why live here at all if you dont. Do you ever see muslims in caravan parks?

Racism appears to be alive and well on this forum,
I'd be interested to know just how many people who have traveled to other cultures adopted the culture of the place they were at. Learned the language, followed the social norms etc..

The sorts of statements being bandied around on here make me embarrassed to be a Colonial decent Aussie.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:21 am

Ant@Shez wrote:

Hi Ant@Shez,
I think you can get them over the counter at the aboriginal assembly on the lawn at parliament house, they have a complaints department there. :D I think they sell a few flags as well.

Sorry but if you can't give a state, no answer from me folks.
sig pic is a 1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:16 am

dieseltojo wrote:
Ant@Shez wrote:

Hi Ant@Shez,
I think you can get them over the counter at the aboriginal assembly on the lawn at parliament house, they have a complaints department there. :D I think they sell a few flags as well.

Very quick DT... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:43 pm

Glanyard!!!You really are a case....On another current topic you had a 'Go' at me espousing that the colour of ones skin OR Nationality has got nothing to do with it....Yet here you are, on another subject, displaying a high degree of racism and discrimination...
Why mention the fact that the WA Professor was female and "to add insult to injury" that she was born in South Africa and received some of her degrees in NZ. As if this has anything to do with her thoughts on flying the Aussie flag.
Then to go on and suggest that insulting our flag is typical of some from the U.K.
I mean really mate how come it's all right for you to be racist etc. on a subject you feel strongly about but not all-right for anyone else to have the same feelings about a subject they feel strongly about???

As far as flying the flag on our camp goes, we have always flown it on one side and the 'boxing kangaroo' flag on the other. I have never taken it down at night....Am I supposed to?
I am also very outspoken whenever there's a move to change our flag...Ray Martin is one of the biggest proponents of this move. I am totally against any such move.

Jock :neutral:

Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:25 pm

jock wrote:
I am also very outspoken whenever there's a move to change our flag...Ray Martin is one of the biggest proponents of this move. I am totally against any such move.

I agree with Jock. Do not change our flag for the sake of making a change. Even if we do become a Republic at some time in the future, we should not change our flag.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:30 pm

jock wrote:
Glanyard!!!You really are a case....On another current topic you had a 'Go' at me espousing that the colour of ones skin OR Nationality has got nothing to do with it....Yet here you are, on another subject, displaying a high degree of racism and discrimination...
Why mention the fact that the WA Professor was female and "to add insult to injury" that she was born in South Africa and received some of her degrees in NZ. As if this has anything to do with her thoughts on flying the Aussie flag.
Then to go on and suggest that insulting our flag is typical of some from the U.K.
I mean really mate how come it's all right for you to be racist etc. on a subject you feel strongly about but not all-right for anyone else to have the same feelings about a subject they feel strongly about???

As far as flying the flag on our camp goes, we have always flown it on one side and the 'boxing kangaroo' flag on the other. I have never taken it down at night....Am I supposed to?

Jock,
I mentioned who the perpetraitor was because she was a "johnny come lately" having a go at Australians in their own country; I would have given the same amount of exposure to an illegal immigrant. Because of her assumed qualifications I don't believe she has the right to make the statements she uttered; maybe you do and good luck to you. She later emailed the many, including myself, and basically pulled her head in! We are all racist in one way or another.
As a Life Member of the Australian National Flag Association and an ex member (30 years) of the Australian Army, I'll fight anyone to protect and save our flag.

On your other question; flag protocol expects that it be lowered at dusk so that the sun does not set on it, however flags may fly at night if they are suitably illuminated.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:04 pm

glanyard wrote:
Here is mine (if I have attached it properly)
glanyard

Attachments:

122-40 Mile Beach Camp Area.JPG [426.85 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Is that the photo of the 40 Mile Beach RSL Sub Branch?

Nice stickers you have on the rear of the van! Shows your age!!!!!!!

Cheers,

PeterM.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:05 pm

peterm wrote:
glanyard wrote:
Here is mine (if I have attached it properly)
glanyard

Attachments:

122-40 Mile Beach Camp Area.JPG [426.85 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Is that the photo of the 40 Mile Beach RSL Sub Branch?

Nice stickers you have on the rear of the van! Shows your age!!!!!!!

Cheers,

PeterM.

Yes, Peter; We were there for the annual general meeting. 73 and holding ground!
If you haven't been there, it is a top spot. In 2008 the cost was $7 pn and all you got was a dump point. BYO water and power but what a wonderfull outlook.
glanyard

Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:48 am

Patriotism without thought can easily end up rabid nationalism and that is the sort of thing that leads to conflict.

Patriotism is the collective responsibility of a country and is the result of a multitude of stimuli, it should not be seen as a simplistic display of an individuals pride as it goes far beyond that. You need a country and all that means to be a patriot.

Fly the flag but be sure of the motives.

SD

South East Coast Westoz

Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next