View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Flying Our Flag. 

Post Flying Our Flag.
Hi all, it surprises me why more people do not fly our flag when camping, Ours is one of the first things that goes up when we set up. Hubby got a couple of stainless steel runners (for a fishing rod) and attached them to the front of the van, and our Aussie flag which is attached to a pieces of dowelling flies proudly. Also you can tell which way the breeze is going. :)

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Post Re: Flying Our Flag.
As a life member of the Australian National Flag Association, I also fly my country's flag. However, protocol dictates that it be not left up at night unless it is suitably illuminated. I was once asked if mine was flying for a particular reason.Some of this country's drinkers fly the Bundy flag but not ours.
glanyard

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:10 pm

I have noticed that the are some campers who will raise their flag before they finish setting up and have always wondered why. After all, there are very few people who will fly the flag at their home. I can't remember seeing flags from other countries flying from any caravans. Can anyone please explain this fascination. :confused:

glanyard wrote:
....... However, protocol dictates that it be not left up at night unless it is suitably illuminated. ....glanyard

How many bother to observe this protocol and take it down at night anyway.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi Lizard, I would like to see the brave person that tells my hubby to take down our flag, He is a very proud Aussie and I think there would be some very harsh words spoken, How could a flag offend people, just look at our recent olympics, the first thing all the athletics did was to grab their flag, and thats the way it should be. If people were to get offended then they should move on, as there is plenty of room out there in our wonderful country. :!: :)

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:54 pm

lizard wrote:
It won't be too much longer and we won't be allowed to fly our flag - it will be offensive to some people

It is my ambition to offend as many other "peoples" as possible, before I leave the land of the living.
glanyard

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:53 am

lizard wrote:
Last Australia day there was a push (albeit short lived) to stop people driving around with Australian flags , as it could offend some minority groups ..... my flags flew proudly that weekend !!

The "push" in fact was a quote from a WA professor (female) saying flying the Australian flag was offensive. She got so much of a reaction from citizens of this counrty, like myself, that she had to retract her stupid remark and send emails to us saying "her statement was taken out of context". To add insult to our injuries, she wasn't born in this country (South African) and was educated in NZ in a subject that was foreign to me; can't remember what it was.
glanyard

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:34 am

lizard wrote:
Last Australia day there was a push (albeit short lived) to stop people driving around with Australian flags , as it could offend some minority groups ..... my flags flew proudly that weekend !!

That is when I go out and buy bigger flags. :mrgreen:

Mazda BT50 GT with full Canopy
Paramount Vogue 21' 6"

Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:54 am

If anyone finds our flag offensive they dont belong here! So go back where you came from! The bigger the flag the better I say! AFL flags are good to see flying too. Go the Bombers!

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next