View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Info re solar panels 

Hi delar I have just ordered a 80 watt folding solar panel as I have all ready have 200 watts on the van the reason I have went free standing panel is because the free standing unit can supply more amps to my batteries early in the morning and later in the afternoon.I can also charge second battery in car that runs a fridge. If I was to buy another van in the future I would only buy more free standing panels. You could look at a free standing units that can follow the sun automatically all day .

Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:02 pm

delar I will bet that some time in the future you will look at buying a Genny .as solar panels do not work well on those rainy days as I just experienced just a few weeks ago at BINGARA.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:13 pm

trish another way to charge your car battery is to leave your car connected to van through your Anderson hook up your jenny to your van the power will run through your battery charger it will charge your van battery and also your car battery.
Your 25 amp c-tec will handle up to 500 amps I do this and it works great.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:22 pm

trish another way to charge your car battery is to leave your car connected to van through your Anderson hook up your jenny to your van the power will run through your battery charger it will charge your van battery and also your car battery.
Your 25 amp c-tec will handle up to 500 amps I do this and it works great.

Hi bobby1, yes we do that most times. We get a bit lazy at times and sometimes when we only stay one night we dont use the genny then that happens a few nights in a row and before we new it the battery was flat.
Thanks for the info.

Cheers,
Trish

BubblesT :)
Trish
Spaceland 28' "Margaritaville" ;)
Toyota 100 Series

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3