View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Brain Dead 

Post goinsoon
goinsoon wrote:
It must be the way you wrote your original post, as the way I and everyone else read it was that you saw the storm coming and prepared for it and you were amazed that your neighbour didn't

Believe it or not we were some 100mtrs from where they were.Not in clear sight either.
I still love all the caravaners . Nice to see them enjoying themselves.
Just the grumpy bums that anoy me .
Cheers
Bruce.
I will be sticking around the forum. Hope you do as well.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:43 pm

Hey, ease up Bruce! I'm a very sensitive soul and I'm rather attached to my bum. Gotta say SWMBO hasn't complained in the last 45 years either.

Grumps

Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:39 pm

Oops sorry about that.... failed image insertion class. 15 demerits and will have to write 100 lines

Grumps

Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:42 pm
cut down star pickets are great. Take the legs of the van to prevent having the side ripped out of your van it happens van sides are not that strong.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:26 pm

Post Still going!!
Finished my 3 month trip 4 weeks ago, van's in storage (awning in tact), haven't been on here for a while, get withdrawl symptoms, take a quick peek at the forum and this thread is still going!! Amazing!! Gawd luv youse all!!

Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:49 pm

Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:51 am

cut down star pickets are great. Take the legs of the van to prevent having the side ripped out of your van it happens van sides are not that strong.

As far as I am aware the bottom fixing for awning legs are either screwed through into the floor edge or in our case through a bracket screwed to the underneath of the floor.

None would ever be just screwed to the wall cladding.

754 Princeton & Cruiser 100ser TD

Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:58 am

I've seen the same thing at a caravan park in queensland. Bloke had the awning out in carport mode but not secured in any way. Big wind blew the awning over the roof of the van. The people weren't even there so it was blowing around for a bit until we saw it. My dad and I then removed the awning from their van to prevent further damage. It also damaged the roof and wall as well. He was grateful that we removed it for him but he told us he had been setting up the awning in carport mode and not securing the legs for years with no problem.
One week later we were at a caravan park in Coffs Harbour and again saw an awning in carport mode that wasn't secured. Luckily this time I was able to advise the people of the dangers/expense of such a practice and they fixed it up.
Cheers
Brett

Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:39 am
Profile WWW

Post awning blowing in the wind.
First time out proud mother of a Motorhome at Ellis Beach in Cairns... Took us 3 girls quite some time to even work out how to get the awning out yet think that it had to be tied down...
2 nice men took pity on us mere females and gave us all the advice that we needed... I now have rope... plastic pegs and lots of other things that I didn't have. It is all a matter of experience. I now have it and also seem to learn something new all the time thanks to more experienced trippers so please feel free to give anyone a helping hand ... like me I am sure that they appreciate any advice that is given. It is a pain to have something broken or damaged as it takes ages to get it fixed plus you always have excess on your policy.

PS. I can now get the awning out in double quick time and have stopped belting my thumb with the hammer when tying it down.

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:17 pm

please read my reply to all the responses .
I have spent most of my life so far assisting people.
Some of the responses were way off the mark.
However I forgive them.
I don't take your response as a lecture but as an opinion.
Even though it is off the mark a bit
Solarman.
Solarman

Solarman
It might have been what you meant to say, but please re read your original post, it reads as you prepared and you could see that he didnt

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next