View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Jayco Starcraft 

Post Jayco Starcraft
Well Cub Drifter no more, I bit the bullet and have brought my first caravan a Jayco Starcraft 13ft year 1996 with rear door entry.
Needs: 3 way fridge currently only has 240 electric, repair one zip on the poptop, replace the tyres and wheel bearings for starters.
Bit dubious about towing, its 150kg heavier and taller than the Camper Trailer (still have The Drifter, just in case LOL) Have to stand on a stool to raise the poptop all the way up. Thanks Wrinkleys in Training for all the help and advice. Picking it up this afternoon.
My wonderful Hubby is outside now making room for the new addition removing some big palms (wanted them gone for ages)

Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:04 pm

Congratulations Cathy, I hope you have many years of pleasure out of your new toy.

You'll appreciate the extra room after the Cub...I know I did when I moved from a Cub to a similar sized Pop Top as you've just done.

Where are off to for your shakedown trip?

Cheers,

1988 Viscount Nipper following a 2009 Kia Sportage EX 4WD V6 Auto
http://touringoz.yuku.com/

Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:16 pm
Profile WWW

Congratulations Cathy, I hope you have many years of pleasure out of your new toy.

You'll appreciate the extra room after the Cub...I know I did when I moved from a Cub to a similar sized Pop Top as you've just done.

Where are off to for your shakedown trip?

Cheers,

Thanks Bosun
I have just towed it home, bit nervous going up the freeway, towed really well a bit like the camper just bigger and those strap on mirrors how the heck do you get use to looking in them. Didn't need them before could see over the top and out the back as well. All in all not to bad for first time. It will need some maintenance it hasn't been used for 18mths just sitting around.
Hopefully I will be ready for shakedown trip and freecamp somewhere down south just after New Year.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:06 pm

Lots of ppl get fixerup vans,no issues with that. They still make for great adventures . Maybe some pics if you get time please?

Cheers Rod

Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:44 am

Hi Cub drifter,

Lots of ppl get fixerup vans,no issues with that. They still make for great adventures . Maybe some pics if you get time please?

Cheers Rod

Hi Rod

Have just finished detailing inside the van tonight, have the curtains to re-hang and start cleaning the outside. Hubby is working on the blokie stuff wheel bearings, checking all wiring 12volt ect. Coming along nicely. Just not enough hours in the day. This photo was taken after I picked it up last week.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:06 am

Thats a sweet ride Cathy,as i said you'll have many wonderfull adventures in that one.

Take your time,its worth it.
Cheers Rod

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:31 am

Congrats on your purchase. Looks like a neat little unit. You will not be sorry you upgraded.

Lots of short trips will boost your confidence in towing. Just take it slow.

Cheers Kath

Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:06 pm

Nearly ready for my first shakedown trip in January before heading off for the WA Meet n Greet in Boyup Brook Feb. I mainly up graded from the camper for the security side of things so I can start exploring N/Parks ect.
Merry Christmas
Regards

Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:44 pm

Post Star craft
Hi
Our first van was the same as yours it served us very well. You will enjoy the comforts. does it have singles or a double bed?

Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:28 pm

Hi
Our first van was the same as yours it served us very well. You will enjoy the comforts. does it have singles or a double bed?

Two singles at the back and the table converts down to another, but as I like a bit more stretch out room, I'm making a slight conversion to make the singles into a double.

Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next