View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 New Member Intro 

Location: Where We Are, Australia (Narre Warren South, Victoria)
Post Welcome loredana!
G'Day Dana & Den.

We haven't had much time over the last week to read all the posts in here and sadly missed you in the rush!

However, welcome to our forum full of fun, we're sure you'll find plenty of interesting topics and information for you to glean and to share.

Best regards and happy reading, Dawn & Lance.

Princeton 754 & 4500 Patrol Ti

Sat May 02, 2009 10:27 pm

Location: Where We Are, Australia (Narre Warren South, Victoria)
Post Catching Up!
G'Day again Dana & Den (loredana)

Just catching up on a few of your previous posts. The one about LPG availability didn't get a great deal of response. We use LPG as much as possible, so before we leave on any trip we check the LPG website and go to the "Trip Planner", enter our home address and our destination and it gives you a suggested route and LPG availability, distances between outlets and such so you can work out where you'll have to fuel up. There are no guarantees that these places will have supply at any given time so always have a back-up plan. We've also struck towns that don't open Sundays! Hope this helps, even if a bit late.

Best regards, Dawn & Lance.

Princeton 754 & 4500 Patrol Ti

Sat May 02, 2009 10:52 pm

Post Welcome
Dana & Den,

Welcome to our little world, sorry you didn't receive the normal response...

What you should do however is start a new thread about yourself and give it a title. Note the blue button....(well it's blue on my computer) on the top left when you open the 'All About Me' page and tell us all about yourself, your van, tow vehicle, etc. What may have happened in your case is that you introduced yourself on my thread of introduction. Maybe I confused the issue by simply calling my intro 'New Member Introduction', without some clever heading like others..., I'm obviously not very creative!!

And I am only raising this because you mention you are new to computers, so feel free to rebuke me if you knew all this already...

Anyway, I'm sure you will enjoy this forum, like me and also the travel, so tell us all about that and your rig, with a pic..., look forward to hearing about you...

Toyota Landcruiser 200VX TTD
Jayco Sterling 24-75.2 CD
[url]http://kwaussies.blogspot.com[/url]

Sun May 03, 2009 9:14 am

Post deke
thank you for your suggestions
will do as you suggest. however I can`t keep coming in as a new member but I will take up your suggestions to include photos and information on van and tug (must learn how to first)

just love reading other members comments.

Dana

Mon May 04, 2009 8:50 pm

Post coromal couple
thank you for this long awaited answer,
we will look into the lpg website,/trip planner as we have never heard of it before, it will be a great help.

we are planning to start our trip around auz, 15th May

many thanks we will be flying our yellow ribbon.

Dana

Mon May 04, 2009 8:57 pm

Post new member
It was suggested to post a thread about ourselves, even though I have been responding previously

Den and I are on the wrong side of 60, we live Mandurah just south of Perth.
We bought a l8ft Olympic van last May, and used it for 3 weeks last yr. Our tug is a 6yr old white commodore.

We are now ready to head north from Perth and do a 360 around Auz.

we have picked up a lot of great tips on this forum will post photos as soon as am able

Dana

Mon May 04, 2009 9:27 pm

Hi Dana, Just noticed you are in Mandurah so are we. We did the 360 last year took 18 months to go round. If you would like to chat P.M.us with ph. no. We are also wrong side of 60!! Cheers Vicky and Steve

Mon May 04, 2009 9:36 pm

Post trip planner
Coromal Couple wrote:
G'Day again Dana & Den (loredana)

Just catching up on a few of your previous posts. The one about LPG availability didn't get a great deal of response. We use LPG as much as possible, so before we leave on any trip we check the LPG website and go to the "Trip Planner", enter our home address and our destination and it gives you a suggested route and LPG availability, distances between outlets and such so you can work out where you'll have to fuel up. There are no guarantees that these places will have supply at any given time so always have a back-up plan. We've also struck towns that don't open Sundays! Hope this helps, even if a bit late.

Best regards, Dawn & Lance.

Thanks Dawn & Lance ever so much, found the Trip planner site and was amazed at how many there are.
do hope that the wa one`s will have supply, petrol last june in exmouth $1.94ltr.
LPG for us is a much cheaper option in todays financial climate.

cheers Dana & Den

ps hows the new van

Fri May 08, 2009 9:28 am

Post Mandurah
Hi Vickey and Steve

just read your thread, but what does P M mean please

Dummmmmie me

Dana

Fri May 08, 2009 9:34 am

Post Loredana
A hearty and belated welcome to this 4UM, we are not snobs or anything of the kind and we do like to welcome new members. Don't worry, we all make mistakes and it gets harder as you get older but never mind we keep on trying.We hope you enjoy this forum as so many others do, Just keep on trying and you will soon get the hang of it.
Travel safely and arive alive.
Bill and Dawn

Fri May 08, 2009 5:44 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next