View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 New Member Intro 

Happy towing!
Roger&Rosalie;

Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:01 pm

I'll add my welcome also and say when you are up in the north of our country take note of where we are based and get in contact when in the area as we will have a nice meal and a glass of Australia,s finest waiting for you both.
Lesley and Stuart

Tug: Iveco Van (The Beast)
Caravan: Lotus Sprint LE 19.5'[/color][url]
Web: www.hawkeshideaway.blogspot.com

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:21 am
Profile WWW

Post old age setting in
well good morning everyone.
it`s me loredana i`m here i finnally worked it out :rolleyes:

1 why was I was not welcomed to the club like the other new coms
2 why I did`nt receive any answers to my many previous faq`s

the penny has dropped after having sent oh so many threads and read so many never laughed so much in a long time,
I never cliked submit reply.

and I never submitted to the about me chatline.
new at using computers, have had no interest before I found this caravan forum.

now I can go and have some brekky hope I get some answers. I`ll tell den how later.

Den and Dana and we will be flying the yellow ribbon

Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:23 am

Welcome Den and Dana, know how you feel. Had that problem yesterday trying to insert pics and then the penny does drop. You can spend all day on this site it is great. Will also being flying the yellow ribbon when we pick our van up next week.
have fun.

BubblesT :)
Trish
Spaceland 28' "Margaritaville" ;)
Toyota 100 Series

Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:16 am

Hey Stuart..., I used to live in Mackay...., well being honest, I spent 6 months there in 1970 worked as an electrician, loved the place then but it is much dufferent now...oops the Kiwi uccent came out...different now.

Anyway, hope to be passing through with Rupert sometime towards the middle of next year...crack open that bottle of red.

Cheers,

Don....aka Deke

Toyota Landcruiser 200VX TTD
Jayco Sterling 24-75.2 CD
[url]http://kwaussies.blogspot.com[/url]

Fri May 01, 2009 9:49 pm

Howdy Deke and Family........Not to many ''KIWI'S on this forum,,,,,well,,,,that have made it known that they are.....(so, theres atleast ''2'' of us now)
Great looking rig you have set up there.....same goes here....when passing through Queensland (Brisbane).....your most welcome to pop in for a ''DB''

Sat May 02, 2009 8:47 am

Post Calling Old Kiwis
Rosco,

Well, there's the challenge then..how many of you are Kiwis on this forum...??

Let me start by saying that I have lived in Oz for now 42 years, became a nationalised Australian citizen in the mid 70's, but of course, like most Kiwis remain strongly passionate about my place of birth...still an All Black supporter, much to the disgust of my rugby playing son....!!!!

My father was a lighthouse keeper and I was born in the deep south..(Riverton) when Dad was at Puysegur Point.(not even sure I spelt that right). After a couple more lighthouses we moved to Auckland in 1952 where we stayed until I came to Oz...to marry wife No.1, an Aussie from Sydney. Now nearly 30 years married to wife No.2 a Welsh lass...

I have been chomping at the bit to get around Oz and we are nearly there..., next year is it. I retired in 2006 but Michele is working as a teacher on a committed one day per week basis this year, so we can't get away for more than 5-6 days at a time. Then we move back to our home on the Gold Coast which has been rented for years while I have been transferred all over the place with work, ironically ending up in Sydney where I started with the firm in 1972. Just sold our Sydney house and renting close to daughters work for this year then back to where I call home...the Gold Coast and many other 'Old Kiwis'...including my two sisters and brother and bother in law alias 'Rupert' with whom we hope to join in our travels next year.

Enough from me already...

And yes Roscoe, would love to join you for a DB or two.

Sat May 02, 2009 9:28 am

Post Re Calling Old Kiwi's
Ha.....and of coarse a DB'S not complete without one of Avis's famous ''Bacon & Egg'' pies......
Will follow this ''Kiwi call'' with interest.
We 1st moved over in 1989.(wow...thats 30yrs...must be getting old !! lol)...went to Perth ...returned to NZ (Mt. Maunganui), to sort out kids problems (as you do...) and decided to return...this time to the Eastern states,,,,based here in Brisbane.
So much to see & do here I think we may be here for a little while longer.
We bought a 30ft Bedford which I gutted & now rebuilding .....then like you...we are off around this beautiful country....

Sat May 02, 2009 11:34 am

Geez mate, braver than me. Rebuilding a Bedford..., not my scene at all. My Father rebuilt a couple of old bangers 1929 Graham Paige and 1927 Reo...(as you did in Kiwiland until a few years ago) and I vowed the only cars I would ever work on were late model Jags or Austin Healeys, not that I could afford either then....

As a result of Dad having bits of cars in the breakfast & lounge room all while building our house in Auckland...(he hadn't finished when I left to come to Oz..., bless his soul), I have hated older cars ever since, much to my detriment because buying new cars over the years has cost dearly and created many a debate with SWMO....!!!

Anyway, look forward to catching up and hey, all you Aussies out there, I am not trying to create a Kiwi club here and can deal with the odd ribbing about being from the East Isles...but then, if I couldn't I would have gone back after the first six months with all the jibes aimed at Kiwis and we wouldn't be here in the first place if we didn't all love it.

Sat May 02, 2009 1:29 pm

Post thanks trish
Thanks trish

I am grateful someone has responded to welcome me & Den on board this forum I felt left out like the the black sheep.

Sat May 02, 2009 5:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next