View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 ladies comments for new travellers 

Post Re: ladies comments for new travellers
Hi ladies, time to bump this up again. Where are you all and what are you all doing? Its quiet without all the women who wear the caravan pants.

be yourself cos everyone else is taken

on on

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:30 pm

:lol: Still here just flat out at work and no time to play in the van. Did get my Safari Chef cooker still haven't had time to try scones on it yet maybe in a couple of weeks. :roll:

Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:23 pm

Here too. Just back from 3 days to get used to the concept of no power - we have 3 solar panels :razz: (only 2nd trip in van - ever for us :razz: )

Any way we've discovered some free loaders yesterday in my red cordial :evil:

May have acquired them whilst van parked under paper bark tree here @ home with a branch hanging onto roof - the ants are smaller than common black ant & "smell sweet" if that makes sense :roll:
any way they're now getting a feed on 'Ant Rid' - am hoping this works. Will keep you posted on outcome
or any better ideas most welcome :lol:
Sue

Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi Sue
We have always used the Ant-Rid baits in the van and they have worked well We have just recently got our new van (2008 model) Oh well new to us and there were a few ants crawling around so we bought a 4 pack of the baits and scattered them around the van and with in days no more ants.
Hope they work as well for you too.
Cheers Ann

BONNIE THE SPOILT DOG[color=#FF0000][/color]

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi Ann
thanks for that, only have the ant rid liquid at the moment, so will definitely get the baits (for next time) liquid is rather messy :roll:
Haven't looked for a few days now, but the liquid worked a treat for the little blighters, put more on the sink top, & it didn't get touched again, so just maybe the 1st dose did the trick.
cheers Sue

Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:35 pm

I THINK I MIGHT START THIS TONIGHT.

be yourself cos everyone else is taken

on on

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:32 am

Here's a fabulous Salad Dressing, which is simple to make and delicious.

Wendy's Poppy Seed Dressing
5 minutes and it's done
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup white Vinegar
1 teasp salt
1 teasp ground dried Mustard
1 teasp grated Onion
1 cup Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Poppy Seeds
In a blender or food processor on high, combine all but the seeds and oil, for 20 seconds. I use my stick blender.
Gradually add oil on slow then stir in Poppy Seeds.

Poppy Seeds can be omitted due to them getting under your plate :mrgreen:

Cheers Wendy

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:11 pm

We have just come home from a 6 month trip staying mostly in Port Douglas,as we live in a very cold and sometimes snowy place I was shocked to find a nest of the tropical tiny brown ants in our van,mostly in the ensuite,I can only assume they decided to have a trip down south to meet their relatives, I was shocked :shock: to see these creatures busily making ant trails in places I didnt think would be accesable. :twisted:
Well! I soon put a stop to the little devils......on with the ANT KILL liquid and the 4 baits....fantastic stuff .. no more Ants!!! :cry: sorry I spoiled their holiday but i really didnt think the tropical type ants would servive in our climate. Now its time to clean out the red dust and dirt in the van and see what else will surprise me. :lol: .....................I cant wait till we are on the road again........................thanks everyone! :mrgreen:

[img][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/img]

100 series TD Landcruiser
23' Roma Elegance "The Van from Snowy River"

Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Hi L&CA
it's great to hear of your success from the Ant Kill liquid & baits.

Is this stuff the same as Ant Rid? :?:

The ants that invaded our mobile property are hopefully gone for now using Ant Rid liquid. But it's messy

There are so many helpful ideas in killing ants on this & other forums, I get a little confused in knowing which is best :roll:

cheers Sue

Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:08 pm

Hi Ladies.. A bit of advice please on something I'm sure you have all encountered and mastered long ago.. I find that some of the stuff in my cupboards (food, cups, etc) has fallen over by the time I get to camp.. I don't like taking too much so that we are overpacked. I've lined the cupboards with non slip matting and packed the van with what we need (we are not travelling full time) and find each time we set up, I have to stand everything up again. A bit of advice on what you do to stop this would be nice. I try and blame it on my b/friends driving, of course ;-) lol) Thanks, Chappy

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next