View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 shower and toilet tent 

Post Re: shower and toilet tent
Hi Betty,
Your shower tent sounds very "swish". Ours is not so luxurious, it is a Wild Country Deluxe shower and toilet tent. It is fairly easy to erect after several attempts in the backyard and we have it down pat now (it will be interesting to see how well we go with an audience).

Barry bought it off Ebay for $10 and also the Aqua Cube for a ridiculous price . They were both sold to us by a guy who just used them for a few weeks while his Bathroom was being renovated. All in excellent order and very clean and warranties still active. I call the tent the Tardis. I think at the back of the van sounds the most sensible place to place it. I guess each campsite will be different .

Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:11 am

We had our shower tent made so that it is attached to our van. It takes 5 mins to put up and since this photo was taken it is even better as we have revamped it and have no ropes!! We have the hot & cold water taps outside attached to the van where the tent is and we have had a led light fitted as well. It is great.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:05 am

That shower tent looks terrific, Hels. You have it set up well with taps and light too good one!!

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:11 pm

Hi Barry & Pam, we have had the last 4 weeks free camping & using our tent with porta potty & shower its such a luxury i love, we have the shower/toilet tent under the back of the awning and that works fine. we have a cube but on first night of using it found it didnt work so cold showers! cannot change it till we get home to get docket!, hence we bought a coleman hot water (bigger than cube) n think its too big, so check yr cube is working before setting off, but they give lovely hot water! safe and happy travels, cheers whitey.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:29 pm

Thank you all for your ideas, have all been taken on board. I will work on the new van next year the next one will have a ensuite,
and a storage compartment for the gennie. And hot water and aircon and and and lol

Dont get me wrong I love our Roma

Pam

Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:13 pm

Barry and Pam
Are you going up Darwin via the Stuart Hwy then west or are you travelling east of the Stuart? We are leaving Melb 30 Apr and heading to Darwin, then Broome, Perth and home again by Oct. If you are going our way we may cross paths. Have a great trip. That goes for anyone else heading up that way.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:51 pm

hels wrote:
We had our shower tent made so that it is attached to our van. It takes 5 mins to put up and since this photo was taken it is even better as we have revamped it and have no ropes!! We have the hot & cold water taps outside attached to the van where the tent is and we have had a led light fitted as well. It is great.

What Photo? I can’t see it .

Cheers,
xina.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:50 pm

hels wrote:
this photo was taken

I’m with xina,
The photo doesn’t show on my computer :roll: .

Sorry but if you can’t give a state, no answer from me folks.
sig pic is a 1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:29 am

Hi Dinstar,
we are leaving 1st May and havent made up our minds which route to take to Port Augusta. Maybe out through Hay and Balranald or maybe along the Murray through Echuca and Mildura. Probably make our minds up when we get to the Wagga turnoff on the Hume Hwy. That is us we dont plot the route too much.

But once we get to Port Augusta it will be straight up the Stuart Hwy to Darwin and the across to Broome down the west coast to Perth and Margaret River, back to Adelaide via Nullabor have a nosy around Yorke peninsula and then home to Sydney around the end of August early Sept.

We are in a Prado towing a Roma poptop. Hope to see lots of Forum people on the way. May see you at a free camp somewhere.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:28 pm

Ps. just a thought dont look for the Roma look for the couple trying to put up or take down their shower tent, we will have an audience lol.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next