View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Factors having positive & negative influences on members 

Post Re: Factors having positive & negative influences on members
Here it is........bit late

http://www.candm.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18049

My Blog .. http://smokeydk.blogspot.com/

Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:50 pm

J.REEVES wrote:
a bit like spock in Star Trek.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Have you been spying on my ears JR? :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:09 pm

Re the original post and subsequent responses by Glanyard, and Neville & Trish, OT etc. all in good fun, a few sticks poked but should have been taken as it was. I saw nothing wrong with the banter up to a point. I thought this hatchet had been buried before in another thread. I noticed things were quite polite and very good there for a while but!

OT, I must say, what I do find offensive.
If you find, that it is actually that difficult and time consuming to compose a measured and polite response to so a called “flat earth” person on this forum then why do you bother? Surely this must be self-satisfying to yourself if you do answer and all along thinking of these people in this “light” in the first place. If you cannot answer them without thinking of them as an idiot then don’t answer. Go mow some grass, it’s not that important. It’s not worth losing face over. Someone will step up who will be able to answer sooner or later. That’s the point that I think Glanyard was trying to make. Forum members want to ask or contribute but they are afraid to. I bet there are hundreds that are just lurking in here, looking and reading because it is not inviting them back in to be part.

Just remember that when you pass, as you surely will, just as the rest of us will also, some maybe sooner, some maybe later but existing members, past members and future members will come along in here and piss all over what you, myself and all others have learnt, done, created, posted, and said in the past and there will not be a darn thing you or anyone else can do about it so why the territory “marking” now?
Time to re-write the legacy OT before it is too late. Dark matter indeed – another comment that was uncalled for IMO.

Cheers,
ALLAN

Paulownia Cabinetry, All 12 volt & Self Sufficient
When its finished WE retire.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:36 pm

Hang on just one moment!.
Let's put this rubbish in perspective.
This particular crap fight has been caused by "one person", who has had occasion to fire up before!
And I will qualify the use of the word "rubbish". That being most of the condescending comments.
Perspective! It's a Caravan Forum. C'mon lighten up.
And for those few that refuse to comment cause I haven't put my location, I'm currently in the Braidwood area of NSW with no fixed address. :D

2010 Concept Ascot S9. [Modifications by Lavenders B & B and Caravan Service Center]

Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:15 am

Bussy wrote:
OT, I must say, what I do find offensive.

Allan, thanks for providing some feedback. Let's see if I understand you correctly.

Why do I bother with 'flat earth' people? You defined them as idiots. There are no idiots on this forum. I would refer to an idiot perhaps as Neanderthal. By 'flat earth' I mean they have an outdated belief. Guided by an old wive's tale. They have been educated by their well meaning brother-in-law or mate at the pub or perhaps by their parents. Surely we have all been in this position at some point in life and will continue to be until death? They are intelligent people but through no fault of their own have the wrong understanding, perhaps for much of their adult life. Generally this will be in a technical field. This is common for much of the population unless they have had training - and even some of those are suss. You would know all of this.

If someone presents like that with a question then I feel they are entitled to a careful and measured response. On another popular very active forum they can be called idiots. Over there serious personal insults are often traded. Here we are much more respectful of each other.

Why do I answer, as well as mowing the grass, because they are in need of assistance, just like any other member. You are suggesting I should ignore the 'too hard, too time consuming' enquiries. So should I just cherry-pick the easy ones? I think that would be a lazy attitude. Sometimes I have ignored a harder to understand query for a day or two but when nobody assists, and particularly if the poster is new or newish, I feel embarrassed for the forum. Unanswered queries is surely a way to dissuade posters.

Back to 'flat earth' people. What exactly is wrong with my dark matter comment? Perhaps it is not what but how I said it? Teddy made a valid point about opinions. In response I supported opinions as very valuable. I qualified this by devaluing opinions based on own beliefs (flat earth) when they challenge known laws. As I believe good teachers do I frequently use analogies and extreme examples. It is much easier to visualise extremes than small increments. Could I have said it better in a 3 point form?

- yes, opinions based upon personal experience can be very valuable
- opinions that contradict known and accepted laws are of little or no value
- unless you are an astrophysicist please don't waste my time with an opinion on dark matter

I can see only one problem with the last para in my actual post. It can be read as a personal instruction to Teddy. Not what I intended. At the time of writing my brain thought I was merely stating a generic principle.

Another thing I accept is that some technical people can have trouble communicating with non-technical people. Go no further than asking my poor wife. She gets pretty stroppy at times because she can't have a simple non-technical discussion with me :roll: :(

Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:11 am

OT, you have been active and of great assistance on this Forum since 2008.
Suddenly there is a problem?. I think not!
Time to turn off mate. Maybe check your Injectors or rotate the van tyres. Come back when it's calmed down.

2010 Concept Ascot S9. [Modifications by Lavenders B & B and Caravan Service Center]

Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:47 am

I have read all the comments and all i can say is keep going OT.You baffle me sometimes with your answer to the more tech stuff but i read them and hope it stays in the brain.Peter :razz:

Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:57 am

well the forum is taking a slide, we make a special thread just to abuse each other
what a wank I agree with tony48 and some one need to go a rotate there tyres a bit of time out
I you want a fight go down the local on a friday night.
As for the people that wanted caretakers what a first post come on management sort this out
before you wreck a good forum
bob

Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:10 am

Geez !!!! I'm itching to get involved here!!!!
Need to calm down a bit first.

Jock :evil: :roll:

Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:41 am

jock wrote:
Geez !!!! I'm itching to get involved here!!!!
Need to calm down a bit first.

Jock :evil: :roll:

Took you a while Jock. :o
Now take a deep breath and count to 100 :D

Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next