View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Factors having positive & negative influences on members 

Post Re: Caretakers Position - Central Highlands QLD
NEVILLE & TRISH wrote:
Hey Glannie, what does the headline say "Central Highlands QLD " ;-) ;-)
Regards Neville.

I suspect the explanation may be that through no fault of his own Glannie read your post whilst wearing his 'Captain's call' glasses and as we know they are prone to missing the obvious ;-) :)

Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:39 pm

OT,
Have you been told yet today?
Have you never over read something or are you perfect as you seem to dictate on this forum.
You are the reason some of the other forumites are leaving; pull your head in!!! :evil:
glanyard

Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:27 pm

glanyard wrote:
OT,
Have you been told yet today?
Have you never over read something or are you perfect as you seem to dictate on this forum.
You are the reason some of the other forumites are leaving; pull your head in!!! :evil:
glanyard

Glannie, has your sense of humour diminished in sympathy with the standing of Captain Courageous?

OK, so you have reason to be grumpy. I can live with that. Perhaps you take politics too seriously? Perhaps I have underestimated the strength of your political allegiance and tolerance to challenge. If so I apologise for seemingly picking on you. To me politics is just a game. I have zero tolerance for dickhead players and the political game has more than their fair share in every party.

I am however far more concerned about your suggestion that I dissuade other members. That is a cardinal sin and one that never occurred to me. There are several members here who occasionally warrant a 'pull you head in' but I never expected to be such a target. I take extreme care in what I post and spend a lot of time composing. That is why I rarely post a typing or technical error. I work hard at it. I have a great deal of professional pride. I only respond to posts within my field of expertise. In my response I endeavour to be as accurate and useful as possible. I feel a total responsibility for such accuracy as the advice can have life threatening consequences. As we all know nobody is perfect but some try harder to avoid mistakes.

Glannie, you obviously have cause to publicly complain about me so I take it seriously. What I need though is to understand exactly what the issue is and if/how I should change my ways. Hmmmmm.... I think TA recently said that too. So I do genuinely appreciate your advice. In fact I would appreciate the advice of any member interested enough to help. This may be by PM or public in this thread. I don't mind at all. Please give me some examples of my deemed poor behaviour. My very long term pressing desire and efforts have been to encourage membership. Perhaps I'm just not good with people? Please try to point me in the right direction.

PS - yes.... I know I'm off topic :oops:

Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:22 pm

come on fellas take a joke! taking the pith is an aussie tradition!
]

Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:40 pm

Was not going to comment, however I must jump to OT's defence here.
No one in their right mind could suggest OT would have a negative effect on this forum.
C'mon Glanny, give us a smile. :D

2010 Concept Ascot S9. [Modifications by Lavenders B & B and Caravan Service Center]

Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:48 am

I have every respect for OT and generally read any thread that OT responds in, as it is usually a well formed post and choka block full of useful information. I have learnt more about caravans and associated things from OT and past member Ozjohn than anyone else on this or the CF forum.
OT has a good sense of humour and rarely says a bad word about anyone.
I like Glannies comments mostly, as he seems to be a very knowledgeble member as well, but I think he is way off the mark with recent comments regarding OT.
Take a chill pill Glannie and don't over react. I'm sure OT was only poking a bit of fun to stimulate the thread.
The nearest towns are Emerald, Blackwater, Capella, Springsure and Clermont as well as all the mining towns of Moranbah, Dysart etc.

Dean and Sandy
Who cares, Just Do It
2014 WK Jeep Grand Cherokee Blackhawk 3ltr TD
Jayco Sterling 23' (23.72-1) 2009 with slideout

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:56 am

OT,
A nice lot of waffle mixed in with the occasional truth; have you ever thought of a political career?
Naturally, I won't name the couple of ex forumites that I have been in contact with but one used the word "arrogance" when referring to you.
I personally regard your posts covering the main subject "Caravanning and Motor-homing" as good value and that is what I think this forum should be about; 101%.
There are plenty of other places where you, Mally, Dove, Mick and a couple of others can vent your one sided anger and insults so why not mix it with them rather than a happy place like this one.
If the forum is slow then so be it; someone will try and liven it up when necessary, but with the title subject not politics.
glanyard

Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:16 am

I too must say that from time to time we get issues that may develop between for mites but by and large 99% are friendly and usefull . In all the Time i have been involved i have read and learned a great deal from OT and others like ,JR,DT and others.I would say OT is Top of the list for his vast knowledge and cheeky disposition .Glanly can't see that one myself,but all i can add is we are all different ,thank goddness,and keep the post coming.Peter :razz:

Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:38 am
Global Moderator

Post Factors having positive & negative influences on members
Created at member request but Admin also has an interest in this topic and seek input towards improving member contributions.

This forum is the collective contribution of all members and the more active members there are the greater the diversity of knowledge and interest for all. Contributions often begin with questions, particularly from new members. No question is too silly to ask so please don't be afraid to air your query or concern. We all began as complete novices and hopefully this forum has filled in many information gaps as well as providing social exchanges.

Cheers

Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:10 am

Post Re: Factors having positive & negative influences on members
Geez guys didn't plan on starting WW3 was just pointing out if the poster had read the thread title he wouldn't have had to ask the question that started all this. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Regards Neville......

Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next