View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Membership to the forum 

Post Re: Membership to the forum
Totally agree Diesel it would be good manners to let us know where they come from. At times people post about something close by and you find out later they are on the other side of the black stump!!!!

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:22 am

dieseltojo wrote:
....the fault of not knowing even just a state where the applicant lives, is in the hands of the admin.....
DT, do you mean admin should make it compulsory?

That may deter membership applications. If compulsory I guess one could always enter fictitious or wrong places to get around the requirement. There will always be those who prefer to be as anonymous as possible.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:33 pm

Yep I do as regards a simple thing like a state. For all we know many may be putting in fictitious info any way.
The goose that can't put in a state will only get some useless info to them in that case, and maybe realise that they are wasting their time.
I can't see how telling a bloke trying to help you a simple thing like a "State" is going to jeopardise your anonymity.
What I mean is I do not give out info re a certain place in Vic if you live in the NT. Unless it is of value by mail order for parts.

I have seen weather threads saying "It is hot here at the moment"....... but not even giving a State that they live in.
It can get to the point of being ridiculous.
Just my personal thoughts of course..... :)

Sorry but if you can't give a state, no answer from me folks.
sig pic is a 1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Forum is like family with a common interest. I won't give you my bank details but don't have a problem telling people where I live. By not giving those limited details how could I have become friends with people like Neville and Trish, and Geoff C with his aeroplanes who turns out lives up the road from me. Had coffee with him on Sunday and caught up with Neville in Qld for a few days. All good people

Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:25 pm

Saying where I live does not breach my privacy as I do not give my name on open internet; one or the other but not both, as a lot can be found out about us by an internet search. As I talk about my area, this is what you all know about me - where I come from. It is helpful to know the area a member comes from, but I do not think it should be compulsory.

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2