View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next
 General Product Recall 

Post Mazda BT-50
Mazda BT-50 bonnet striker recall http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/985617

Thu May 06, 2010 8:17 am

Post Safety Recalls
[color=black][font=Verdana]OT, vehicle Safety Recalls work very well and achieve high levels of completion rates if you Service with a Dealer and haven't moved since purchase. Dealer business systems will flag your vehicle as having an outstanding Recall (or Service Campaign) and should take the apropriate action to complete the work. The final attempt at contacting the customer for a recall comes via the RTA data-base and in extreme safety cases the RTA will flag the vehicle themselves and refuse to re-register it until the work required is completed. Manufacturers and Dealers don't rely on the rego plate for ID but use the 17 digit VIN No. If you don't use a Dealer to look after your vehicle, have moved a few times and don't read the press you may miss out, Independent Service outlets and repair shops do not have access to Recall Campaigns. Often only the dealer will advise you about Service Campaigns which are usually related to computer downloads, driveability issues and modifications are carried out free of charge. A visit here may help
[/font][/color]
http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/vehicle/recalls/index.aspx

Thu May 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Rooty, I'm one of those who has never serviced with a dealer in 50 years. Thanks for the explanation and link which I shall duly check out.

Thu May 06, 2010 10:27 pm

Post Recalls
Showing your age there OT - no worries, I'm not far behind - Can't speak for Toyota, or their Dealers, but the mob I'm with would let you know over the phone if there was a Service Campaign applicable for your vehicle. They're worth getting done and may be anything from an engine management tweak to a spec upgrade. Some Service Campaigns are only completed if the customer complains about the issue. Worth a phone call and important not to confuse a Service Campaign with a Safety Recall that has been logged with the ACCC.

Fri May 07, 2010 6:41 am

Post knackers
The system for recalls must work fairly well as we bought a 1995 Dihatsu Feroza about 18 months ago from a private seller ,never sent any paperwork away , not long after we got it you could allways smell petrol. After a long serch we found a crack in the vapour lock for the fuel tank . This is mounted inside the car ,behind the side panel , in the back. Problem solved . 2 weesk ago we got a letter from Dihatsu with a recall for that exat same problem , we were very amazed that they actuly found us as the 3rd owner of a 15 year old car.

Cheers Graeme

Fri May 07, 2010 8:04 am

Post Recall Subaru
Recall of Subaru—MY 10 Liberty and Outback vehicles fitted with the continuously variable transmission (CVT)

Thu May 13, 2010 9:22 am

Post Ford Territory
Ford Territory mat may foul accelerator pedal... see here

Wed May 19, 2010 8:25 am

Post More on the Territory
I wouldn't have believed this but it is in today's newspaper so must be true.... eh?

Ford issued a recall on the Territory because it received 2 reports of the mat impeding the release of the accelerator. The first report was from a driver who could not stop the car so leapt out whilst still moving. There was no mention of any attempt by the driver to push the gearbox into neutral or turn off the ignition key. If you were presented with this scenario in a driving test and answered 'jumping out' was far smarter than either/both of the other options you would/should be banned for life.

This reminds me of that other complete celebrity dick who claimed he could not stop his Ford Explorer (I think) coz the cruise-control stuck on. He drove for kilometres along a Melbourne freeway shepherded by police. I would have thrown him into an institution till he proved he was of sound mind and fit to hold a licence..... but I'm a bit of a softy.

Sat May 22, 2010 8:42 am

I wouldn't have believed this but it is in today's newspaper so must be true.... eh?

Ford issued a recall on the Territory because it received 2 reports of the mat impeding the release of the accelerator. The first report was from a driver who could not stop the car so leapt out whilst still moving. There was no mention of any attempt by the driver to push the gearbox into neutral or turn off the ignition key. If you were presented with this scenario in a driving test and answered 'jumping out' was far smarter than either/both of the other options you would/should be banned for life.

This reminds me of that other complete celebrity dick who claimed he could not stop his Ford Explorer (I think) coz the cruise-control stuck on. He drove for kilometres along a Melbourne freeway shepherded by police. I would have thrown him into an institution till he proved he was of sound mind and fit to hold a licence..... but I'm a bit of a softy.

He tried all the normal things. When it came down to the nitty gritty the previous owner of the vehicle had a Nokia bluetooth fitted. Guess where the hooked it in. Since rewired no issues. Like radios blue tooth units require a constant power source. Not clever when hooked into the cruise control keeping the circuit live. I have the same in both my vehicles and the wiring instructions are pretty clear to use only accessory wiring.

Peter

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Sat May 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Peter, did 'trying all the normal things' include turning off the ignition and/or shoving the auto box into neutral?

Sat May 22, 2010 12:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next