View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 REGISTRATION - NSW VS VIC 

Post Re: REGISTRATION - NSW VS VIC
I have personally written to Andrew Stoner who will undoubtedly be the next Minister for Roads when the present government in NSW gets the tip in March.

I got a reply the other day telling me what a rip off caravan registration is in NSW but wait.... No guarantee that he will change it. This is a tax and I've never known a governement yet, Federal or State that rescinded any tax on thier elevation to office.

Critical of the present government- yes - but they will just go on like it's never been thier fault in the first place and hope that we will go away. Nothing will change. Considering that this state is stony broke after 15 years of mismanagement, I suppose you can't blame them for making every post a winner.

The Green Slip is actually a third party insurance in case of an accident causing serious injury or death. It is meant to cover the in fault driver should they be at blame if someone is killed or incapacitated in any way. It was once totally administered by the GIO or state government insurance office. Legislation was passed so that other insurance comapanies could offer better or competitive rates. Political spin. So they did for a while - now it is actually more expensive than it ever was and climbing every year.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Post Re: REGISTRATION - NSW VS VIC
Sorry i should have said CTP.
And Hank you're right it is 5 years old, good and bad , ok. for people who look after their cars , not for them that don't .

In Victoria do you have to get a licence ? Why I ask , there is some shocking drivers down there ha ha.
I'm also surprised how many minor roads , where you can still drive 110 km. Here in NSW it's only on motorways .

Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3