View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 To CMCA or not... 

Post Australasian Touring Caravan, Motorhome and Camping Club
Another national club for both caravan, motorhome (includes campervans and camper trailers) and camping club is the ATCM & CC, see this link;

http://www.atcmcc.org.au/

Like the ACC and CMCA, they come under a blanket lobbying organisation of Motouring Australia, also they participate in the CMCA "Leave No Trace" scheme.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:01 pm

Post Cmca
I dont believe in supporting groups that discriminate in any fashion, to include 5th wheelers in their lineup of qualifying vehicles just shows it is purly against caravaners, so mag or not, cheap insurance or not, NO Thank you!!!
I am happy with my deal on insurance from RACQ, i belong to this and the caravaners forum and a couple of others as well.
i have been into ATCMCC a few times , but it seems very quiet.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:00 pm

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1980 Jayco Songbird 15' poptop
I can see where you're coming from Frank, but it is called the CAMPERVAN and MOTORHOME club of Australia, just as a Holden Commodore club would not take a Ford Falcon owner in as a member, so the CMCA is not descriminating, by accepting caravans it is being inclusive,
and NO I am not a member, but I am thankfull that I can use many of the dump points, that they are responsible for placing all around OZ.
Frank

http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:39 pm

i have been into ATCMCC a few times , but it seems very quiet.

Agree Frank, their website isn't very active and that includes their forum, needs a bit more input from members.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:45 pm

I don't go to rallies because we like doing our own thing.
I don't go to chapter meetings for the same reasons.
I don't belong to a chapter for the same reasons.
I don't want to be an office bearer.
I don't use the Insurance ----happy with what i have
I don't hold a bias to caravans or their owners.
I don't care what you drive , tow, push, or even carry a swag when you're out there doing what you do.
I certainly don't class anyone as being as you say "Inferior"
I do like friendly forums such as this and others where caravan & motorhomers mix in.
I do care to share a campfire and whatever you drink, eat, talk about, without any bias what so ever.
the forum seems to be just a chapter in queensland

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:16 pm

I don't
go to rallies because we like doing our own thing.
I don't
go to chapter meetings for the same reasons.
I don't
belong to a chapter for the same reasons.
I don't
want to be an office bearer.
I don't
use the Insurance ----happy with what i have
I don't
hold a bias to caravans or their owners.
I don't
care what you drive , tow, push, or even carry a swag when you're out there doing what you do.
I certainly don't
class anyone as being as you say "Inferior"
I do like
friendly forums such as this and others where caravan & motorhomers mix in.
I do care
to share a campfire and whatever you drink, eat, talk about, without any bias what so ever.
the forum seems to be just a chapter in queensland[/QUOTE
]

I thought I was reading my own post for while Kevin.
Al.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:24 pm

Post What's in a Name
Frank & Brenda wrote:
(playing devil's advocate here)
I can see where you're coming from Frank, but it is called the CAMPERVAN and MOTORHOME club of Australia, just as a Holden Commodore club would not take a Ford Falcon owner in as a member, so the CMCA is not descriminating, by accepting caravans it is being inclusive,
and NO I am not a member, but I am thankfull that I can use many of the dump points, that they are responsible for placing all around OZ.
Frank

You say the reason that caravans are not accepted as Full Membership in the CMCA is that it is a Campervan and Motorhome Club. Why then are 5th wheelers acceptable members as I would think that 5th wheelers by design are far more closely related to caravans than motorhomes?
This question gives me a lingering feeling that maybe the dollar value of the vehicle is somewhere up there in priority for some people. This begs the question that maybe the CMCA now wish that they hadn't include the "Whoosh-bangers" in their original association foundations. I put this down to snobbery. Snobbery also exists in caravan owners and many people buy an expensive caravan not necessarily because it is a better caravan but because it has a better name. I have seen several very expensive off-road caravans that have never been off the bitumen but the owners are very proud to show off expensive features that they haven't or never will use.

I don't care if you travel Australia with a Vespa and a swag or a $700,000 motorhome. The best part of travelling should be sharing great places to visit as well as healthy comradeship between fellow travellers without assessing the value of each other's way of travelling.

I don't have red hair and I don't own a fish shop - let's see how many indignant replies this post attracts.

Yours in happy, healthy and safe travelling,
Cheers CHONGA

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:29 pm

I don't care if you travel Australia with a Vespa and a swag or a $700,000 motorhome. The best part of travelling should be sharing great places to visit as well as healthy comradeship between fellow travellers without assessing the value of each other's way of travelli
=======================================

99.9% of travellers would feel the same , so dont let those last few upset ya :)

Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:46 pm

Chonga[/align]] This begs the question that maybe the CMCA now wish that they hadn't include the "Whoosh-bangers" in their original association foundations. I put this down to snobbery.

I don't have red hair and I don't own a fish shop - let's see how many indignant replies this post attracts.

Yours in happy, healthy and safe travelling,
Cheers CHONGA

Hi
Chonga

The statement you make about the whoosh-bangers or -Whizz-bangs couldn't be any further from the truth, because that was what the couple who originally started the CMCA had as their vehicle,as did the majority of the early members.
As I recall back then, there were very few "snobby "(as you refer to them) large expensive
motorhomes

but just a few converted passenger buses, which were far from luxurious "
Snobbmobiles

".
Even now I think you will find the majority of
motorhomes

in the CMCA are either self converted DIY vehicles or "off the shelf" average vehicles that are for sale in dealers yards along side average "off the shelf"caravans.

As for "Indignant replies"
Nothing comes to mind.
Al.

NOTE the RED high lightes are unintentional they are spell check items.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:54 pm

keviny6 wrote:
I am also a CMCA member
keviny6 wrote:
I don't go to rallies because we like doing our own thing.
I don't go to chapter meetings for the same reasons.
I don't belong to a chapter for the same reasons.
I don't want to be an office bearer.
I don't use the Insurance ----happy with what i have
I don't hold a bias to caravans or their owners.
I don't care what you drive , tow, push, or even carry a swag when you're out there doing what you do.
I certainly don't class anyone as being as you say "Inferior"
I do like friendly forums such as this and others where caravan & motorhomers mix in.
I do care to share a campfire and whatever you drink, eat, talk about, without any bias what so ever.
the forum seems to be just a chapter in queensland[/QUOTE]

I thought I was reading my own post for while Kevin.
Al.

===========================
When your on a good thing stick to it ;)

Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next