View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 To CMCA or not... 

Post To CMCA or not
I just had a brilliant idea Iza and Chonga, why don't each of you put the other on your ignore list.LOL

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:51 pm

Post With Pleasure
billy the kid wrote:
I just had a brilliant idea Iza and Chonga, why don't each of you put the other on your ignore list.LOL

Hi Billy,

With pleasure.

Cheers CHONGA

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:54 pm

The frustraton many caravanners have for the CMCA is solely due to the fact that they couldn't access the insurance as an associate member. It was enviable insurance, the recovery part of the policy alone was well and truly worth it, not sure now.

This then manifested into a discrimmination debate which is hogwash. As Frank said it's like the Holden Car Club, get lost if you're a Ford driver, simple as that.

I did hear from a CMCA member that when the vote came up years ago to allow caravanners in, the motion's wording was intentionally and wrongly changed at a late stage, which therefore voided any existing proxy votes and the new motion was lost. Apparently the pressure to change the motion came because the two founders threatened to resign if caravanners were allowed as full members.

"Laugh More, Live Longer." :rolleyes:

Barry

Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:08 pm

To quote Groucho Marx 'I would never join a club that would have me as a member':p

Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:24 pm

The frustraton many caravanners have for the CMCA is solely due to the fact that they couldn't access the insurance as an associate member. It was enviable insurance, the recovery part of the policy alone was well and truly worth it, not sure now.

"Laugh More, Live Longer." :rolleyes:

Barry

Barry. I think if you contacted Ken Tame or the CMCA you will find you can access the insurance , but have to cover both the tug & the van.
Al.

Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:56 pm

Yes, was aware of that but it has been a recent change I believe, certainly wasn't the case in 2006/7 when we were associate members. My post was referring to the past and how the animosity was bought about in the first place.

Barry

Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:56 am

I am a CMCA member and I dont discriminate. Everyone gives me the doodoos.

Only joking. Several yrs ago when the wording was changed on the motion to allow Caravanners into the club which voided all proxy votes...the wording was changed by 2 people on the board. Since then both those people have gone.
It will only be a matter of time before caravans are admitted.

Oh and cost of vehicle has bugger all to do with members of the cmca...60% of all qualifying vehicles are coaster/civillian type vehicles. Ive never seen one of them run much more than about $70k

Regards
Peter

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:03 am

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1980 Jayco Songbird 15' poptop
Ha thought you'd sneak in without sayng G'day did ya.
Welcome to the forum Peter31, we don't descriminate either, we even lat motorhomers in :D :D :D
Frank

http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com

Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:46 pm

Ha thought you'd sneak in without sayng G'day did ya.
Welcome to the forum Peter31, we don't descriminate either, we even lat motorhomers in :D
Frank

What ,, so you can hang S&^% on them.
Just for that I pinched two of your

Al.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:45 pm

Interestingly find in the main CMCA members leave rubbish lying around or do nothing to improve a location, group together to block parking space to others and generally find them ignorant and rude. Dump points dont bother me as there are things called public toilets to empty toilet cassette. The CMCA magazine the Wanderer is passed on monthly and is mostly worthless in content and dont want to read advertorials or self gratification artiles. I own van and m/h and could think of no valid reason to want to join an organisation like the CMCA or any other van or m/h club.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next