View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 To CMCA or not... 

wanderer wrote:

===========================
When your on a good thing stick to it ;)

We gotta convert the non believers Kevin.

What you and I drive certainly puts us waaaaay out of the "snobby" class hey.
Average people driving average motorhomes mixing with average people driving / towing what ever.
Al.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:24 pm

[/B] We gotta convert the non believers Kevin.

What you and I drive certainly puts us waaaaay out of the "snobby" class hey.

another 3 years and i'll be driving a classic , ( wonder if it might be wort more ):p;):D

Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:08 pm

You really need to argue the discrimination. Fifth Wheelers are qualifying vehicles because they are in the form of an articulated motorhome. And caravans are not qualifying vehicles for the Campervan and Motorhome association. I remain amazed that some find it so hard to understand.

Iza

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:30 pm

Post Cmca
Ohh Isa,, You want to tell me about articulated vehicles, mate I am an old truck driver, who has driven semi trailers as a way of life, and you want to tell me that a Vehicle and a caravan is not articulated????. and for the nursing mothers, well i have a decent set of man boobs but alas, alack they are as dry as the simpson desert, so i can only envy :)
When you only have a few types of self contained travellers, motor homes, campers trailers (by the way, they are towed behind a vehicle) and fifth wheelers, also towed behind a vehicle, and of course caravans, they are being decriminated against. and if you cant see it then go see a eye doctor. for the record i never believed in the associate membership of a golf club, why should women be downgraded.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Post My Next Barrister
Hi Iza,

I take offence at your remarks "I remain amazed that some find it so hard to understand". I don't understand that 5th wheelers are considered to be closer in design to a motorhome than a caravan - my opinion is that they are another form of caravan that requires a dedicated tow vehicle. It is comments such as yours that give other travellers a poor opinion of some people or groups. If you can convince me that a 5th wheeler is more closely related to a motorhome than a caravan I would like to engage you as my barrister if I have ever have to go to court. In the meantime, with that sort of attitude, you must see a lot of people's backs as they walk away to chat with someone else who is less argumentative, less opinionated and has less of a look down their nose at other people and their method of travel.
There are some people who qualify as an AW (the"W"stands for whole - you make up your own mind as to what the Ä"stands for.

CHONGA

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:26 pm

Steady boys -- Steady --or we'll have custard tarts at 20 paces :p;)

Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:10 pm

Steady boys -- Steady --or we'll have custard tarts at 20 paces :p;)

Make that 5 paces Kevin,:rolleyes: most at our age can't see that far and some can't see past their blinkers .lol.
Al.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:44 pm

......has driven semi trailers as a way of life, and you want to tell me that a Vehicle and a caravan is not articulated????.

I think the point is that the form of hitch used is often a smaller version of the turntable arrangement used on the larger version e.g. the fiver is a smaller version of the ubiquitous semi-trailer. And I think it's useful to note the semi bit in semi-trailer. I don't find many people trying to argue that the trailer behind a prime mover is really just a trailer. When the towed vehicle is attached to the tug at the tow bar, then the trailer is just that. To close the circle, a caravan is towed by attaching to a towbar, hence a fiver is not a caravan. Guess it's all in the logic by which one arrives at an opinion.

The bottom line is that I don't really care. CMCA works for me. Those who wish to whinge about the basic ethos of a specific collective will always find something to bleat about. I have always found it useful to avoid such toxic people.

Iza

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:33 am

I take offence at your remarks "I remain amazed that some find it so hard to understand".

Please, don't, for one minute, form the impression that I care. If you choose to become offended because I shared how I feel about something, it's your problem and nothing to do with me.

Chonga wrote:
I don't understand that 5th wheelers are considered to be closer in design to a motorhome than a caravan.

And I remain amazed that you do not understand.

Chonga wrote:
......and has less of a look down their nose at other people and their method of travel.

How you get this out of my comment is beyond me. I take it you have some personal issues?

Chonga wrote:
There are some people who qualify as an AW (the"W"stands for whole - you make up your own mind as to what the Ä"stands for.

If it's what I thing it stands for, it should be AH where the H stands for hole. And BTW (that stands for By The Way), your personal attack is way out of line. I simply offered a comment on the SUBJECT.

Iza

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:54 am

Post Not Worth Replying To
Izabarack wrote:
Please, don't, for one minute, form the impression that I care. If you choose to become offended because I shared how I feel about something, it's your problem and nothing to do with me.

And I remain amazed that you do not understand.

How you get this out of my comment is beyond me. I take it you have some personal issues?

If it's what I thing it stands for, it should be AH where the H stands for hole. And BTW (that stands for By The Way), your personal attack is way out of line. I simply offered a comment on the SUBJECT.

Iza

Good Morning to you IZA,

After reading your posts and replies I have decided that it would be more gratifying for me to go and talk to a tree - at least a tree can tell me what season it is.
I'll talk to the other 99.9% of the travelling population who are great people and not bother wasting my time engaging with the miserable 0.01% as you appear to be.
Do us all a favour and stop your nonsense as it is enough to give a bloke the Eartha Kits (I wonder if you can work that one out as you obviously cant work out that the AW reference was a play on words?).

Here's to the other 99.9% whose company I enjoy.
CHONGA

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next