View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Budget tips 

Post What distance
I have read a couple of times about saving distance by travelling in one direction rather the other.
By my calculation if travelling in a true circle of 2000 km diameter it would be 6283 km nominal distance.
Travelling anticlockwise (ie. inner side of the circle.) would be around 37 metres less than travelling clockwise.
In practice we have no routes that form anything like a true circle so I doubt that very much, if any, of the 37 metres would in fact be saved.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:30 pm

Just a thought.
Okay!!! here is a good tip to save.
We use the fuel voucher from Big W and K Mart and also Liguirland and BWS for 4 cent rebate at Servo when applicable.
We then shop with IGA stores where possible, as they will give us up to another 4 cents per litre rebate by producing the cash sale docket from the Servo. Now some vehicles can take around 100 litres at 4 cents = $4.00 for a spend of $ 30. in IGA. Double that by going thru twice and presto $8.00 rebate equates to $400 per year or pro rata there of. Not sure if all IGA stores through out Aussie participate. I guess if no opposition they would not.
Some IGA have a double up day each week, so even more saving $$$$.
As mentioned earlier, Free Camping is a great saving. Also we have own Wash Machine and saving of $ 8 per wash day also adds up. a MacJayDee feed will beat a big Mac any day.

Good vanning

Jay&Dee.;

Hi, just to prove my point as above.
I went shopping this afternoon at our rather large Independent supermarket. Their prices are as good as or better than WW or Coles. Wednesday is double up on the Petrol 4c per litre to 8c per litre. So after I filled the Ford with 60 litres also using the Coles liguirland 4 cent petrol voucher.
So what were the savings
2 transactions @ 60 litre x 8c = $4.80 x 2 transactions equates to $9.60. Plus the 60 x 4c petrol voucher = @$2.40 Total saving $12.00.
I follow this procedure each week and have done for over 3 years. Annual saving approx. $500 plus.

Give it a try in your region.

P.S. we have two cars requiring juice.
Cheers

Jay & Dee.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2