View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Proposed new ACC branch for South East Queensland in the Fraser Coast area. 

Came across your ACC mob last year. Why anyone would want to be part of that only the devil would know. Interesting what motivates groups of people to be so inconsiderate towards others in c/p.

so tell us more.

i find this interesting that the first meeting of the frazer coast acc branch is being held in the wide bay.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:24 am

You have accused (?) “Dubblo” of being “GD” after his post :-

Dubblo Junior Member Join Date: Nov 2009Posts: 28

Came across your ACC mob last year. Why anyone would want to be part of that only the devil would know. Interesting what motivates groups of people to be so inconsiderate towards others in c/p.

Your response :-

Bosun Junior Member Join Date: Nov 2009Location: Hervey Bay, QLD.Posts: 12

Hmm, knowing there's two sides to every story GD, oops Dubblo, what caravan park was that and what branch was it?__________________John (Bosun) Hervey Bay QLD ACC Q00024

Well Bosun here are is my version of what can happen at a A C C muster.

I had complaint made to me by somebody along the lines of what Dubblo states.
No further names, no pack drill, place names to verify the situation.

Last Easter (2009) a combined *U W E and A C C Southern Nomads Muster was arranged and held at Ibis Caravan Park, Kerang, Vic’.

*(U W E = Unofficial Weekend Escape usually organised by members of “Caravaners Forum”)

When I say combined, members of the “Southern Nomads” took over the organization of this gathering, however C F members still considered it to be just a normal U W E although somewhat disappointed.

During this “Escape” a “C F” member was asked to leave a “Happy hour” gathering because the “Southern Nomads” had decided that it was to be their (Executive ?) meeting.

Excuse me but :-

My understanding, after reading documents concerning the A C C and it’s branches, is that any caravaner is to be made welcome to any A C C gathering and all events therein.

Regards,
Chas‘.
Ex A C C member V0021.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:03 pm

We were at the Kerang 2009 Easter Escape/Muster and had a wonderful time.

We were not involved in any of the petty politics if there was any. This was NOT evident at the time, to outsiders like us.

Those who attended seemed to get along very well, have a good time and the UWE & Muster people seemed to blend together into one group of like mined people.

No.....them and us......was felt during our 6 day stay.

It was pleasing to meet so many people and put a face to a name.

Because of the large number of attendees, 'happy hour' did break into several groups of 'old friends' which we could appreciate.

We were made more than welcome at ALL of the groups. We tried to spread ourselves around to get to know all the 'forumites' which we did.

It was like going back to the roots of the family tree, so to speak........the Caravanners forum was the catalyst to start ACC, and to be part of a combined get-together was good to see.........at least we thought so.

From Kerang we traveled north to Queensland and attended the ACC Esk Muster and again, were made more than wlecome.

All campers in the Esk C/P were invited to any organised activity, which many non ACC members attended.

We have attended many UWE and ACC Musters, and one of the prime 'must do's' is to make sure other park visitors are invited to join the fun and activities.

Our basic reasons for joining a group such as ACC have not changed, and have been fulfilled.......as per the dream of the founders.......be part of a Lobby group and have have social fun along the way.

We had a very bad experience with a caravan manufacturer and had no one to turn to or seek advice. Now we have a group of 1000+ members with contacts to back us up.

I don't want to start a sleding match with anybody, other than give the facts from our side of the fence.

Cheers and keep smiling,

Crusader MK2

Safe travels and keep smiling

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:20 pm

Post Oz John
Shaggy Dog wrote:
Hello OJ,

You are looking well.

Good to see you back posting again..

SD

And may be seen around the place soon, he he!

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:30 pm

Thank you for your post. You have cleared my mind a little L O L.
I am glad it was not you who cried on my shoulder.
Twas great to meet you and put a face to a name, for some strange reason I have a reoccurring dream of a Tiger moth landing on the Highway out front of Ibis. L O L.

Cheers,
Chas'.

Ps :-
Now I've got you guessing haven't I.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:02 pm

I remember the name.......putting a face to it is another matter.

I keep getting visions of a dog that looks like Winston Churchill, but that was Cliff and Molly.

Hmmmm, thinking, thinking.

Just on another note......it is great to see many of the larger caravan clubs and CMCA, coming together under the Motouring Group, to form a strong united group for all.

Cheers and I need more clues.;)

Crusader MK2

Safe travels and keep smiling

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:17 am

Gloria & Phil the owners of the Ibis Caravan Park in Kerang have hosted UWE and ACC Musters a number of times along with various other van clubs since they purchased the park a few years back.
They speak highly of all the clubs and groups and would welcome them all back at anytime.
ozjohn. v00118

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:15 am
Profile WWW

You have a Pm.
Chas'.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:00 pm

Dean and Sandy
Who cares, Just Do It
3ltr turbo diesel Holden Colorado Auto 2008
Jayco Sterling 23' (23.72-1) 2009

Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2