View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Proposed new ACC branch for South East Queensland in the Fraser Coast area. 

Post Proposed new ACC branch for South East Queensland in the Fraser Coast area.
Proposed new ACC branch for South East Queensland in the Fraser Coast area.

I been granted approval by the Australian Caravan Club Board to seek interest in the formation of another ACC branch for South East Queensland, in the Fraser Coast area.

The Australian Caravan Club is a national club with branches throughout Australia…for more details the public section of their website can be viewed here http://www.australiancaravanclub.com.au/

There are currently five ACC branches operating successfully within the South East Queensland area, with most of them achieving a high number of memberships in a relatively short time frame.

By definition, the Fraser Coast area takes in Hervey Bay and surrounds, Maryborough, and the country areas of Tiaro, Howard, Torbanlea and Woocoo, and has a population of over ninety two thousand (92000) residents.

A large percentage of these residents are retirees, many of whom are keen caravanners.

Hervey Bay has two local caravan clubs, and I have it on good authority that both clubs are no longer accepting new memberships, and have closed their books for the time being, with prospective members now placed on a waiting list in case someone leaves the club, and creates an opening.

The inaugural muster of the proposed new Fraser Coast branch has been set down for the weekend of Friday 5th February 2010 to Sunday 7th February 2010, and the venue will be the Gin Gin showground, which has been booked for the occasion.

ACC Director Craig Humphrey will be attending the inaugural muster, and will chair the first branch meeting, and officiate at the election of branch office bearers.

Anyone who resides in the Fraser Coast area and is keen to belong to a branch and enjoy the benefits offered to ACC members can contact me for further details by emailing me at [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

Regards,

John Balding – ACC membership number Q00024.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:07 am
Profile WWW

Post ACC Branch Membership
I was recently asked if an ACC member wished to join a branch, did they have to reside in the geographical area of that branch?

The answer to that is "NO", as any ACC member can join any branch of their choosing, and I know for a fact that some branches have members from outside their own geographical area.

In my own case I'm currently a member of the ACC Morteon Bay Drifters, and yet I reside in the Fraser Coast area.

An ACC member may choose to not belong to any branch at all, and that's entirely their decision, however an ACC member can only belong to one branch.

Also any ACC member is welcome to attend any branch muster they choose, regardless of whether they're a member of that particular branch or not, just by contacting the muster organisers.

Cheers,

1988 Viscount Nipper following a 2009 Kia Sportage EX 4WD V6 Auto
http://touringoz.yuku.com/

Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:14 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks to those of you who have contacted me already regarding the subject branch...things are looking really positive.

Cheers,

Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:03 am
Profile WWW

Post A BIG thanks to Oz Parks from the new ACC Fraser Coast Branch
A BIG thanks to Oz Parks from the new ACC Fraser Coast BranchI would like to take this opportunity to thank John & Jane Corral from Oz Parks for their generosity in providing us with some Oz Parks “goodies” as prizes for our inaugural muster being held at the Gin Gin Showground in two weeks time.

Cheers,

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:32 am
Profile WWW

Came across your ACC mob last year. Why anyone would want to be part of that only the devil would know. Interesting what motivates groups of people to be so inconsiderate towards others in c/p.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:36 am

Hmm, knowing there's two sides to every story GD, oops Dubblo, what caravan park was that and what branch was it?

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:51 am
Profile WWW

Well, I too am waiting to see a response to Bosun's question. I have not yet attended an ACC gathering (muster?) and am curious about exactly what behaviour to watch out for, or avoid :confused:

Chris

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:10 am

Post Caravan Clubs
Dubblo wrote:
Came across your ACC mob last year. Why anyone would want to be part of that only the devil would know. Interesting what motivates groups of people to be so inconsiderate towards others in c/p.

I am a member of a caravan club (not ACC) but that doesnt matter, I have never found bad behaviour with ANY caravan club and I travel extensivly with and without the club and come across many clubs on rallys.

Come on Dubbo dont just come out with a clouded accusation

WHAT WHEN WHERE and while your at (both sides of the story please)

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:58 pm

v00118

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:17 am
Profile WWW

You are looking well.

Good to see you back posting again..

SD

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next