View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Updated yellow ribbon LIST 

Put the Noisy Scrub Bird and myself on the list.
We have decided to hang on to the van. It was a toss up between another yacht or the van.
The van won.
Up to Kalgoorlie next week to bring it home. I abandoned it there a few weeks back due to a dose of Moctezumas revenge.
Off again in about two weeks yellow ribbons displayed front and rear. On the van that is.
Take it easy.
SD

Wed May 13, 2009 8:01 pm

Post add our names to the list
Please add our names to the list

Campaluva - Sue & Matt and 10yr old Jack

Sun May 17, 2009 11:26 am

Add us to the list too please. I like the yellow ribbon idea but like the sticker idea better.
Lesley

Tug: Iveco Van (The Beast)
Caravan: Lotus Sprint LE 19.5'[/color][url]
Web: www.hawkeshideaway.blogspot.com

Sun May 17, 2009 1:15 pm
Profile WWW

We have over 50 names on the list so far, good going.

Sun May 17, 2009 6:30 pm
Post I have an idea ???
If you are all taking this so seriously have you thought of using yellow refective tape like they use on mining vehicles?
you would only need a small amount but enough to be seen on the top of the van, it wouldn't be that expansive
we was at hughenden last week and seen someone with a ribbon of some sort not sure if it was yellow or just dirt, but the guy was quite rude laughing at us cause graham was trying to get the van close to the grass slab, because he didn't want our daughter to miss the step and fall during the night, as she has already broke her wrist and elbow on same arm, any way graham just had surgery and he was trying his best and this guy was just laughing, i wanted to tell him where to go but couldnt be bothered, he wasnt worth the trouble. graham has driven trucks with 6 trailers at work and he can reverse them but its hard after surgery, thats why we went away for him to recover
no i dont want to join but the tape might be an idea, at least it can been seen at night, day, and it will last longer and it wont fade, you all just have to put it in the same corner, just a thought

Fri May 22, 2009 10:20 pm

Leanne, you must have much more self control than me, I would have given laughing boy an ear full!
The reflective tape sounds good, it's probably available here with all the coal mines around, but don't know if other areas would carry it as a stock item.
Let's wait and see what feedback we get eh?

Regards, Terry

Sat May 23, 2009 8:18 am

If you want to go the basic straight reflective strip, I can help you there, although I would still prefer to see something a little unique to this group, that being the triangle idea of Chucks.

I can help either way.

;)
The Signs & Decal Caravan
http://forum.candm.com.au/album.php?albumid=16

Sat May 23, 2009 8:41 am
I just thought the tape might have been easier specially when you are parked up cause you can still see it on the front of the van
and i believe all sticker supply's should stock it if not stop in the next place that does, or you could probably purchase on line i just thought it might have been an easier way for every one to reckonize, so there is no mistake and only your little club would understand what it means, even though we dont want to join ( please dont take that a bad way) but if we seen some one with a van with it we would say hi, and introduce ourselfs
Hope you work some thing out
And i had to have some control, cause i was more concerned for graham, it was hard on him not been able to reverse 100% when he knows he can do but he couldn't because of surgery, but people shouldn't judge what they dont know, we never judge any one, we all have our bad days

Sat May 23, 2009 7:18 pm

Whats this about yellow ribbons? i see there's three threads about yellow ribbons?

Sat May 23, 2009 7:41 pm

It has been agreed by some forum members, that it would be good to be able to recognize other forum members when travelling so that we can catch up, have a chat or whatever.
The idea of using yellow velcro, yellow ribbon or something similar attached to the front and rear, driver's side of van (usually on handles if you have them), was decided on because it is easy, cheap and anyone can do it.
As you will see by the growing list at the beginning of this thread, the idea has been embraced by a large number of the regulars on the forum.
You are most welcome to join if you would like.
Cheers, Mist

Sat May 23, 2009 8:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next