View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 CB Radio Install Without Drilling Holes 

I was also concerned re drilling noticeable holes into my 100 series GXL cruiser to install a CB. After much deliberation I found that if I run the cables up and along the console on the passenger side ( found it easy to just push the cables up ) and run them through to the rear of the console , then remove the small inspection plate at the back of the console and pulled the cables through. I then drilled a small hole in the back of the bottom console from the inside. I then mounted the CB (GME 3200) in the bottom console compartment against the back with the unit facing upwards and forward. This keeps the unit out of site. When I need to use the CB I opened the console, take out the mic and small external speaker that fits into the drink holder , then close once the channel is set. If I need to change channel it is as easy as lifting the console lid , dialing a new channel and closing the lid.

I have had no problems with this install and also used the same install on my previous Pajero, Hopefully it may help others.

John and Sandra

2006- Toyota Landcruiser Turbo Diesel
2006- 22' Majestic Knight Caravan

" I’m now as free as the breeze – with roughly the same income."

Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Post Hate Holes too
What about velcro tape ontp the flat surface of your console and then on the body of the set/ Why wouldn't this work? I'm going to try that method.
GeeCee

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:28 pm

What about velcro tape ontp the flat surface of your console and then on the body of the set/ Why wouldn't this work? I'm going to try that method.
GeeCee

It does work. I decided on a 5 watt GME hand held. No holes just velcroed unit on side of console and hand held mike on front of dash. Have external bullbar aerial. Works well and looks neat and tidy.

Rumbo

Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:15 pm

We got the GME TX3340 unit, which has the controls on the mic unit and the body under the right centre console. So no holes, just the mic to control everything.

Easy to use and a neat install.

Sally

2009 PAJERO PLATINUM AUTO DIESEL....AWESOME!

2005 CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

"OUR WEALTH IS OUR HEALTH"

Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:07 pm

Post Velcro
Velcro self adhesive tape is fine and I use it to make a type of conduit for hiding my wiring by running long strips of it but if it is up on the dash or anywhere it cops the heat the glue melts. You will find that after a few melts and curing it just doesn’t hold anymore. It will always let got at the most inappropriate time or place.

Cheers,
BUSTER

Paulownia Cabinetry, All 12 volt & Self Sufficient.
When its finished WE retire.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2