View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Fridge Thermometer. 

Post Fridge Thermometer.
Hi fellow RV'ers. Available from Aldi, (once the crush for the ovens is over) is this fridge thermometer for $3-99. Simple to see at a glance if your fridge is at the correct temperature.

Colin.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 30, 2010 12:25 pm

Post g'day Bluecruiser
thanks for that bit of info, I searched for a long time to find one and had to pay $6.50 for it.
I see that one could also be used to check the freezer.

Off to Aldi 2mro.

Sun May 30, 2010 2:03 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1980 Jayco Songbird 15' poptop
Ahh maybe, one day, Aldi may see fit to come to SA.
Frank

http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com

Sun May 30, 2010 6:53 pm

I went to Aldi the other day to pick up a pressure cooker (subject of another post) for the dear one. Also came across the fridge thermometer & bought one of those too. Got it home & thought "do I really need this?"

It might come in handy one day I suppose?

I just love a bargain.;)

2009 Evernew E900 &
White car

Sun May 30, 2010 8:08 pm

Ahh maybe, one day, Aldi may see fit to come to SA.
Frank

Add Perth to that one day list too

Sun May 30, 2010 8:32 pm

Post re fridge thermometr
i bought one that is wirless monetor type, you put the thermometr on the out side of your fridge, with the pickup inside the fridge in your van, and the monetor in your car you can check on your fridge temp while your mobile,both monetor thermometr have a temp readout wirless will operate for 100 meters,i have tryed this out from van to h
ouse. bought it at TJM $40.

lance clayton

2000 prado
2002 jayco freedom

Sun May 30, 2010 9:35 pm

Thats the way to go Lance, the option at the start of this thread requires that the fridge be open to look at the gauge, with most fridges being located low you would then need to get on the same level to view the gauge, and for most of us, that is a bit of a bugger!

I have the same set up as you, with the probe inside the fridge, a receiver on the outside, in my case held in place with some sticky backed velcro, and another receiver in the car. I also have a 60 litre Engel in the car, and the unit I have came with two probes, one in each, and a switch on the receiver in the car can provide readings for both units. I bought mine in Canada a couple of years ago for $43 and have not seen them on the market here in Oz. Mine operates on a couple of AAA batteries.

In any event, the gauges only tell you if theres a stuff-up somewhere. They dont fix any problems, and some might say, are only another gadget to make you worry about a percieved problem that does not exist, like a mate of mine who was forever looking at the temp gauge on his Waeco when we were in the fishing camp a couple of years ago. He couldn't get his head around the fact that although it maintained -19 on the trip up from Queensland, that the temp dropped to -2 after loading it up with about 4kg of fish fillet. He thought that there was something wrong with the unit despite all the best advice given that the temp would drop in tandem with the stuff inside becoming frozen. So, we paid out on him.

Mon May 31, 2010 6:00 pm

If anyone is interested in the TwoZone wireless thermometres, Engeland in Midland WA are selling them for $29.95. Picked one up today.
I am in no way associated with them, just letting you know its a very good price
Cheers Woodsie

Mon May 31, 2010 6:39 pm

Engel have a wireless fridge thermometer, available from most BCFs or Anaconda shops for around $35.00. Plus other outlets I would imagine. Ive used one for about two years. Very handy bit of gear
Link to Engel site:- http://www.engelaustralia.com.au/cgi-bin/product.cgi?item_id=edtherm_wireless&item;_string=&category;=Fridge%20Accessories

Mon May 31, 2010 8:49 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PORTABLE-FRIDGE-THERMOMETER-ENGEL-WAECO-ABR-/290438419430?cmd=ViewItem&pt;=Caravan_Parts_Accessories&hash;=item439f7a93e6
$25.00 incl post

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PORTABLE-FRIDGE-THERMOMETER-ENGEL-WAECO-EVAKOOL-IN-OUT-/180507449072?cmd=ViewItem&pt;=AU_Sport_Camping_Hiking_Food_Storage&hash;=item2a071516f0
$22.00 incl post

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mini-PORTABLE-FRIDGE-THERMOMETER-ENGEL-WAECO-EVAKOOL-/180514596473?cmd=ViewItem&pt;=AU_Sport_Camping_Hiking_Food_Storage&hash;=item2a07822679
$15.00 incl post

Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next